Current Page: 100 of 261
Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: PapajisaysNO ()
Date: March 12, 2019 05:32AM

Good to know Horowitz.

This Joan author is truly invested in Mooji. Her denial seems very thick. She isn’t really going deep with the information she is being given. The information is diamonds and she treats it like it’s just maybe true.

She’s a waste of time to read. Maybe she actually is trying to draw out people to come forward and say what they know this way, but she is not open to what they are saying clearly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: March 12, 2019 06:45AM

Yes PapajisaysNO,

this Joan Tollifson person falls all over herself to defend Moo on one hand and initiate a "balanced discussion" on the other hand. I think she is just trying to get on the band-wagon and drum up some traffic for her own business empire (such as it is.)

Still, she does us a small favor in giving people yet another platform to speak out about the abuses they have suffered at the hands of Tony Moo... and a few people have come forward, as Clearvision has shared with us already.

One person who commented on Joan Tollifson's post tries to defend Moo and does a very poor job of it:

"...I’m not saying Mooji is any saint, and who knows why he gets involved with young women it’s not my business, and yes some of the sangha maybe see him as some kind of god. .so what.. again for unknown reasons why this plays out as it does and why he allows it to the extent he does, he also has very little control really. IMO. He is devoted to sharing the truth beyond all of this and does so with such love and patience with the same millions of people asking the same questions over and over, and as any human can admit who doesn’t love to be loved, is that the point? Not at all"

It's funny that in defending Moo, she accepts that he has relationships with young women devotees and that he allows people to worship him, but you know, that's no big deal is it? It probably means nothing in the great scheme of things. Anything goes, after all!

One has to ask why she bothered to defend him at all???

But I will ask this question: If Moo is indeed God, as many, many people sincerely believe him to be, then why would he have "very little control" over the whole situation? Wouldn't he be omnipotent, if he were indeed God? And if he really were God, then why would he want to have sex with human beings? Isn't that a bit 'tacky'? Like, isn't it just a teeny bit creepy?

These Moo Cult people seem to believe in a very pervy God.

Posted by: klaklaklak ()
Date: March 12, 2019 08:21AM

Mooji teaches that you can be one with God but not equal to God. There is a heavenly Father, who can guide, that you can be in real harmony with and absorbed in, if you make that highest wish, though the timing/play of your destiny is ultimately at the mercy of God.

I don't know that he's claiming to be God...he will say that he's gone beyond heaven/heavenly realms into absolute awareness. It's collectively embraced and understood and revered that Mooji is a "Gu" (dispeller) "Ru" (of darkness). (But not the giver of light). He says an identity in front of him or anyone who is strongly manifesting the Self is like "trying to hide behind a sheet of glass".

Oftentimes he feels to be the most loved, and at the same time the most hated being in the world, because the mind in people hates what he is, he says. When the serum is in and seekers get a taste of this expansive state for themselves they instinctually go back to the honeycomb for many reasons to confirm, for guidance, grace, for the pure enjoyment, out of a love, etc.

He has mentioned a girl who once visited Sahaja, she experienced a profound awakening that resulted in extremely clear seeing, "miracles were happening around her" and people started approaching her with their questions and doubts. If I recall correctly he said she left for something mundane, like music or something, and never saw her again, didn't complete her seeing.

Recently he speaks of Krishnabai's breaking through, implying completion. He will revere people differently based on how much identity is present, he has said he does not feel attracted to beings with strong egoic identity, he prefers the company of those who inwardly, "are like zero". Sorry to rattle off like a Mooji encyclopedia. Just filling in any cracks with what is factual as best to my translation.

He will say that God is not good, God is true. Human love is "too green", love for the divine is the only love to prioritize- and in the play, its like ~wha-ever~ good movie bad movie, still movie.

he will speak too on *how* God is, God's fragrances and traits.
"God is not a prude
People make so many judgments…well THANKFULLY,
my salvation is not in your hands

So you don’t worry about me
Go do your thing
Because they make very very poor judgments."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2019 08:29AM by klaklaklak.

Date: March 12, 2019 09:57AM

I see what you are saying Sahara71, witty as usual.

I read her statement and those comments after. It seems people don’t see the difference between claiming yourself a spiritual teacher, and a God, a Guru, a Master.

It seems people just fall in line with his request to stay with their experience of him and don’t use critical thinking because they enjoyed their time in a satsang environment with him...which is different than back stage Mooji by the way.

It seems they feel to give him a lot of forgiveness for being only human and who should “cast the first stone” another way to say who are we to judge.

It’s really very interesting to see in her article that she says she’s open but calls Be’s article “gossip”. You know we hear a lot of unnamed sources in the news. Seems funny to call it “gossip” and then say Be suffers from “confirmation bias” (i.e., looking for only evidence to confirm her opinion). Be found people willing to talk to her about their experiences that were negative but I guess that is all just lies Be manipulates them to have experienced before they ever met a Be. ??? Sounds like crazy to me ??? And she also says a lot about people who go see Mooji being mentally ill, maybe she’s reading Be’s article with a few confirmation biases of her own, but calling herself “open”.

Please girl, don’t waste my time. *snap

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2019 10:02AM by PapajisaysNO.

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: March 12, 2019 11:04AM

PapajisaysNo,

"You know we hear a lot of unnamed sources in the news".

Absolutely, yes, PapajisaysNo. This is not a new thing. I was just looking at the Society of Professional Journalists code of ethics.

They advise journalists:

– Consider sources’ motives before promising anonymity. Reserve anonymity for sources who may face danger, retribution or other harm, and have information that cannot be obtained elsewhere. Explain why anonymity was granted.

and also:

Anonymous sources are sometimes the only key to unlocking that big story, throwing back the curtain on corruption, fulfilling the journalistic missions of watchdog on the government and informant to the citizens. But sometimes, anonymous sources are the road to the ethical swamp.

[www.spj.org]

There is a lot of very interesting reading on this website. I think it is no secret that I support Be Scofield in her decision to keep the anonymity of her sources, especially since I believe that these people are frightened of Moo.

Date: March 12, 2019 01:02PM

Yes I believe they are afraid and my God I can see why. All I see is anger and dismissal from people who love him. Anger at “gossip” and “smear campaign” and then I see people dismissing it as “just a shadow, we all have that”, “he’s only human, look at all the good he does”

Then they say come forward anonymous sources, if you exsist and then people start saying what they experienced and they are told “well unless I see it, I don’t believe it” Makes zero sense.

Coo-coo

I had a teacher who met Mooji as an equal tell me her opinion and then ask me to keep it between us because the teacher didn’t want “Mooji people bothering her” and she’s a teacher.

I don’t see any win in people coming forward into this kind of thick denial and anger. Amma Tanya White and Be are among the greats in courage and conviction as I can see.

Date: March 12, 2019 01:18PM

Ganga Tarot calls Mooji out for not having awakened through kundalini and questions his understanding of Ramana among other things.

[youtu.be]

She’s got a link from a new news outlet that has picked up Be’s article from India under her utube.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2019 01:24PM by PapajisaysNO.

Posted by: Valma ()
Date: March 12, 2019 08:37PM

On questioning Mooji let us listen to what someone has to say:

" As a person who has been involved in investigative journalism for 25 years, I would say that what Be Scofield reports is both credible and troubling. It is not perfect, but it raises a number of points which deserve more scrutiny, something that many are clearly trying to avoid.

A bit of background: I was involved with Rajneesh (Osho) both in Poona and for the entire experience in Oregon from 1980-1985. I was very close to Sheela and the inner circle around her, as well as with many of Rajneesh's closest disciples, who lived with and took care of him. I know what went on behind the curtain, and how it contrasted with what was presented when Rajneesh was "onstage". The theatrics surrounding Mooji are disturbingly similar to what Rajneesh had going on, and the behind-the-scenes stories are also familiar.

To those supporting Mooji, I would ask: Have you been in his presence when he is not "onstage" performing his act in front of all his followers? There are sannyasins today who still think Rajneesh was the "Master of Masters", a perfect realized being showering his love and grace upon the Buddhafield. They are laboring under this illusion to this day, knowing nothing of how he was in the privacy of his home, or his micromanagement of all aspects of the commune; of his heavy drug use, or the fits of anger, his physical violence with his girlfriend, the manipulation of his followers and sexual improprieties with his female disciples, of which I have firsthand knowledge from those who were subject to it.

To those to whom the illusion of his "enlightenment" still plays an important role in their lives, the discussion of these facts are met with denials on all levels--from tortured justification to outright denial. The pattern fits perfectly those who are presently refusing to consider Mooji's human failings. I am not saying that Mooji is a "bad person", nor am I comparing him directly to Rajneesh, who had different weaknesses. What I am saying is that Mooji is not what he presents himself to be. The whole "perfect realized one" act is show. He is as human as the rest of us, and that is where the problem lies--not that he is human, with human failings, but that he must maintain a fiction.

The real problem lies with those who follow him, and must create the fiction of a "realized being" in order to avoid their own responsibilities for their lives. They use him to escape themselves, not to find themselves, in the same way that one would use drugs to get high, or go to a rock concert in order to join a group mind and check out of themselves. More and more they use him for catharsis, and the release they get they mistake for some sort of awakening.

It may well be that Mooji serves some people in a way that they find valuable, but he is not what he pretends to be. The acid test will be how his present disciples react when more information comes out, which it is sure to do. If Mooji or his organization were not afraid of how the bad publicity would affect their bottom line, they would not be hiring lawyers to threaten his critics. These are not tactics of love, but of power.
"

Posted by: 2cents ()
Date: March 12, 2019 10:08PM

As one who has recently awakened from the Mooji/Guru/satsang/ trance, I feel compelled to check out everything that's arising and run it through my own 'truth-meter'.
Although I truly appreciate Ganga Tarot's videos in support of the unfolding Mooji saga, being a very sweet woman who is quite inciteful and clarifying - I wonder why on her website she calls herself Sat Guru Swami G ? Far be it from me to assume I can judge anything about anybody these days, as she may be in that rarified state - but what to say at this point?? Am I overcritical - busting other false gurus while naming oneself as a sat guru??

[www.guruswamig.com]

Posted by: clearvision ()
Date: March 12, 2019 10:22PM

Great points from Valma. It's good to see this through the eyes of someone who has been there so to speak.

Just noticed Be Scofield's article has appeared on a site in India now:
[bharatabharati.wordpress.com]

Current Page: 100 of 261

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.