Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Valma ()
Date: March 11, 2019 04:37PM

This Mooji saga is an unfortunate discredit and distraction to a life of true spirituality. But there are excellent comments and recent quotes on this forum to put things in perspective and help everyone concerned including those who followed Mooji at one time or the other in their respective healing and/or further spiritual life. Thank you so much. I concur with Mama Sahara (if you allow me this nickname!) words in making informed choice in finding appropriate places/groups/individuals you can really trust and confide because i know how important it is to share with at least one person negative inappropriate experiences that have been kept secret. Secrets are poison to the psyche.

Regarding seva as it is used in Monte Sahaja: You dont need to live in an ashram to practice seva (sanskrit word meaning service to others and ultimately God). You can do seva for free in your daily life by serving others in your profession, family and social environment in the most natural way by ethical behaviour, selfless actions in whichever situation you are. Take away the ashram and none of what we have heard would have been reported and happened. We know the saying: hell is paved with good intentions. I believe Mooji had good intentions with his idea of an ashram in Portugal but see where we are now. Even the one he speaks of as his teacher, Papaji, did not want to create an ashram for very good reasons.

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2019 04:39PM by Valma.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 11, 2019 08:27PM

Support groups created by people who feel harmed by Moo*

A support group has to take care because it will attract at least three types of predators. Anyone using a support group whether here at CEI or elsewhere needs to be aware of that various opportunists will arrive.

1) Moo trolls.

2) Trolls in general.

3) Recruiters for other satsang teachers hoping to get "fresh meat" by disparaging Moo and marketing themselves or their teachers as superior. These days anyone can set up as a satsang teacher. Hide the embarrassing stuff you've done, market yourself on the seekers circuit, That's all you need. Types like this *will* show up on a support group, like jackels at a watering hole, watching for anyone who limps.

4) Spammers and self promoters drawn to any high traffic online discussion.

Support groups have the right to set rules, given that these types will try to disrupt or exploit.

(Harmedbby Moo includes feeling
harmed by him, or by the social behavior at his ashram his online material..
and by persons who recruited for Moo while pretending a sincere personal friendship.)

Posted by: GODHIMSELF ()
Date: March 11, 2019 10:59PM

On Questioning Mooji facebook page Henry Jolicoeur explain why his videos where taken down from Youtube . It is because Elisa D'Amico a Miami lawyer for K&L Gates working for Mooji gave Henry 24 hours to take down the videos or serious legal actions would be taken against him .And since he as no money to defend himself he had no other choice but to take the videos down .

Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: March 11, 2019 11:04PM

I have watched the documentary movie at Netflix: HoleHell, I recommended for everybody, who has the strong stomach (pure narcissism, sex, lies, and abortions
...). I watched the younger Rick Ross there, he has already had a plenty of experience how to face a cult…

Ok, Godhimself's confidential sources in Mooji foundation may be real....?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2019 11:12PM by Horowitz.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 11, 2019 11:55PM

GODHIMSELF::

I don't think anyone here really cares about Henry Jolicoeur videos.

Speaking as someone who has experienced numerous legal threats and gone through protracted legal battles you are safe if you get the facts right and make it clear when you are expressing an opinion.

For example, you can say "In my opinion," "It seems to me," or when you are not absolutely sure say, "It appears," or "apparently."

You can also quote sources with the qualifying context that "According to Jane Doe," or "Jane Doe says," which protects you from any direct defamation claim.

It's important to create proper context and foundation to prevent and preempt litigation and/or limit liability.

Having said that some groups sue anyway to harass people. But they will lose and the lawsuit will be dismissed if there is no meaningful factual basis for a defamation claim.

Henry Jolicoeur seems like a gadfly that did not know what he was doing and made many mistakes. It seems to me that his videos were sloppy and poorly done.

No great loss to have Jolicoeur videos gone.

BTW--let's stay on topic, which is Mooji not someone's sloppy personal videos.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2019 11:56PM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 11, 2019 11:57PM

GODHIMSELF:

Please stay on topic or you will be banned from this message board.

Posted by: zizlz ()
Date: March 12, 2019 01:24AM

I have watched the documentary movie at Netflix: HoleHell, I recommended for everybody,

*Holy Hell. Excellent recommendation! Another interesting cult documentary on Netflix is Wild Wild Country, about Osho/Rajneesh. There's an undeniable similarity in the vibe you get from the members of those cults and some of the hardcore Mooji devotees. It's the same sort of fake bliss they try to hold on to. It's an escapist sort of bliss that comes not from truth but from belief. Since, unlike truth, belief is fragile, they try to protect their bliss by attacking dissent.

Posted by: PapajisaysNO ()
Date: March 12, 2019 03:27AM

ziziz - well said.

Perfect synopsis.

That has been my experience too.

I see Mooji apologizing for nothing really. Just another manipulation and shape shifting to fool people on the fence.

It seems he will use the information in the Be’s article and the reactions of many to shift his Brand (Image) into what might get more people confused and not to confess his darkness.

He will go to his grave, not addressing his humanity. In fact I very strongly remember how angry he got with me for caring for his body and humanity with regards to his health, cravings and diabetes. He never wants to be seen as human. This is off stage. He does satsangs to feed himself. He’s very depleted after (like a rock star) and none of us were ever to show concern for him. We were to only recognize his divinity.

Outside of the flow of satsang, he doesn’t get the high himself. Just like someone giving any performance. He feels lonely, and he feels the drop from the high. He’s hooked on them.

Posted by: clearvision ()
Date: March 12, 2019 03:32AM

Non Dual author Joan Toalifson has written another article on Mooji:
"My Reflections on Mooji"
She's a fan of him, but is at least willing to say that she feels the allegations could be true.

In the comments to her article, someone wrote this important statement:

"The problem I have is that people have confided in me directly - and these people have a total of six and a half years living full time at Monte Sahaja between them. They confirmed to me many of the things written in the article. Particularly public shaming, mind control, rituals, the killing of the heron, being undressed and dressed daily by three young female devotees who rarely leave his house - and the fact he is definitely sleeping with at least one of them, Krishnabai, for example. I was also told that drugs and alcohol have been used at the centre in Moojis presence - and this wasn’t included in the article.

I have experienced personally Mooji encouraging dependence and worship - this behaviour hit my gut as very odd at the time, I simply couldn’t understand it (I spent several seasons around Mooji and the team in tiruvannamalai). It’s my opinion that some very unhealthy things are happening around Mooji at Sahaja. The article may sound exaggerated and out of context to some, but with what I have been told by people that I know personally, doesn’t sound far fetched at all. The article does challenge Moojis public persona in a very damaging way - and I guess Be Schofield is open to public scrutiny because of it. Personally though, I believe those people that trusted me enough to confide in me about these things and have no reason to doubt what they have told me."

Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: March 12, 2019 04:39AM

Rishikesh 2019 four weeks satsangs is over, It’s important to notice that Moojibaba has not presented his ‘The Invitation to the Freedom” at all in Rishikesh (a short talk meditation with the answers/questions, although it has been played in advance of a satsang at 9:30 and planned). I think he was not sure about the audience positions there and the impact of the online increasing criticism of Mooji at that time. I guess, he went to India to manipulate his followers and tourist visitors to present some mass spiritual awakening evidences in his audience in Rishikesh and to show off to be a real successor of R. Maharshi and H. Poonja teachings and in a disciple lineage. Unfortunately, I have watched only a cultic festival with an Indian music during these weeks. The all his discussions with the audience were quite impotent, boring, and uninteresting. It’s been only the second hand theater for the mostly Indian audience and YT watchers again. Mooji has been exhausted, tired the most of that time, and repeated always the same spiritual clichés. Indeed, the Mooji’s hugging was pathetic, populistic, and superficial at the end of each satsang there.
Mooji has not gotten the chance to hear false spiritual awakening feedback from his followers and to confirm his “spiritual greatness’ in Rihikesh, how he probably expected. I see that as a very positive thing, he definitely got an ethical or spiritual lessen....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.