Current Page: 89 of 261
Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Valma ()
Date: March 04, 2019 10:01PM

Hello everyone, may i comment to this thread as I followed Mooji for 6 years mostly with online retreats but never stayed at Monte Sahaja.Thanks to him i found Ramana but many things did not ring true to me in what he presents; finally and happily i found the pure teachings of Vedanta as offered by qualified teachers who emphasize the teachings themselves and clarify so many points.

Concerning rumors about his inappropriate behaviour with young women, you will observe that no woman has come forward to speak out publicly about such behaviour; allegations have been made by a lady who shares what she has been told directly as she said in her video.

I am no longer a spring chicken so no guru is going to be interested in me any more but i have been a young woman who at two occasions was faced with inappropriate behaviour by charismatic spiritual male leaders. I never came forward with public accusation because in the first case i just wanted to run away and leave for good that guru but he was clever enough to convince me that it would harm his spiritual work and organization if i would leave abruptly his center.

In the second case, this charismatic leader had many good qualities but he had such a wide public reputation, that if such would be put into the open,i would not have been up to face what it would mean in terms of public exposure. Besides how could i betray the secret of someone i loved so much though i did not realize at the time the implication of what was happening.

Another element is when you are a young woman who did not receive as a child unconditional parental love, your self-worth is wounded and you are not clear and strong psychologically to see what is unhealthy or not in a relationship. Many who come to Mooji are wounded souls, like i was, that puts us in a position of vulnerability and lack of true appreciation of what is presented to us.

I can understand that young women who may have been involved in inappropriate behaviour with a spiritual leader will not necessarily find it easy to speak out publicly because they may not themselves see what was appropriate or inappropriate, they may be confused in their feelings and have fear of the consequences. The more the leader is famous, the more it is difficult when you have been in such an unfortunate situation as so many people adore the teacher or spiritual leader in question. I do feel empathy for these women, those who may find the courage to speak out and those who prefer to remain anonymous. Each of them must do what feels right for them.But usually individuals feel powerless in front of a solid group around a spiritual teacher. Nonetheless, IMO a great Master will never be found in any sort of intimate physical relationship with another human being, because he could not care less, having found the Supreme. Example: Ramana Maharshi. Also, charisma is not a sign of enlightenment or wisdom. All i can say is beware of charismatic people, they may be attractive and make you feel good but how good are they at making you feel FREE authentically?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: swissalyst ()
Date: March 04, 2019 10:27PM

Valma, thank you for your testimony. You confirm what I had begun to suspect, that these gurus are exploiting the transference relationship, to their advantage, and to their students’ disadvantage. I wish you every success in healing from the incidents you report.

Posted by: clearvision ()
Date: March 05, 2019 12:03AM

Posted by: clearvision ()
Date: March 05, 2019 01:06AM

It is way worse than I thought... These are points at the top of Be Scofield's article: Becoming God: Inside Mooji’s Portugal Cult

- Former members accuse spiritual teacher Mooji of running an abusive cult at his isolated ashram three hours north of Lisbon, Portugal.

- They allege sleeping with students, abuse such as screaming, shouting, shaming and humiliating, controlling behavior, pairing and breaking up couples, brainwashing and mind control, coercing people from leaving and more.

- Mooji lives in a secluded hilltop gated area of the property with three young female disciples whom insiders say he is sleeping with. They also dress and undress him daily.

- Mooji has cheated on his past three girlfriends with other students. One longterm female resident of the ashram who left claims to have had sex with Mooji the entire time she was there. There are other women too afraid to speak out.

- Followers believe Mooji to be God and refer to him as “my Lord,” “my Master” and “my Father.” They regularly kiss his “holy” feet and bow to him.

- Strange ceremonies and rituals including exorcism type events occur at the center.

- Mooji has designated an isolation building for members who act out. They will be given one meal a day and learn to “know the self.”

- Mooji and his team smuggled over €200,000 of unreported cash into Portugal from London and one member got caught. They used this to purchase Monte Sahaja.

- Two members committed suicide in 2017, one at the ashram in Portugal and another in India.

- Mooji eats meat including cow and has had two traditional Hindu marriages in a temple in India with a Hindu priest within 2 years of each other and the marriages were never legally dissolved.

Posted by: Trowertime ()
Date: March 05, 2019 01:30AM

Mooji media have been trying to get the Wikipedia article back up, but have run into some issues due to a lack of independent journalistic sources:

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Perhaps this latest article from Be Scofield will help?

Posted by: GODHIMSELF ()
Date: March 05, 2019 02:45AM

Be Scofield article is just shocking ....and confirm this forum long time suspicion.

Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: March 05, 2019 03:43AM

Finally, an investigative journalist put everything together and wrote an excellent article about Mooji. It’s a bombshell…. Thanks for that

Sahara71 really received a visionary Shaktipat, the news about Mooji is here, but she did not display to see Mooji riding a bike at night to have sex with his female devotee in a retreat…in Becoming God: Inside Mooji’s Portugal Cult: [gurumag.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2019 04:03AM by Horowitz.

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: March 05, 2019 04:03AM

Horowitz,

That is very true.... my Special White Magic Ju-Ju did not reveal to me Mooji riding a bicycle to visit his lover! Nor did my Special Powers reveal that a heron fishing for prey in Mooji's sacred pond was shot and killed! May it's soul Rest In Peace.

I did point out that my Powers were only 93.7% accurate.

Happy reading everyone!

A special thank you to Be Scofield, what a fantastic journalist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2019 04:04AM by Sahara71.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 05, 2019 04:18AM

Copy that article in case it disappears.

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: March 05, 2019 04:57AM

Trowertime,

that is a very good point that you make! With the new published article by independent journalist Be Scofield, we can now all get busy editing Mooji's Wikipedia page.

I know Mooji's dedicated team will appreciate our help in providing a very detailed, balanced view of Mooji for the world to see.

Happy editing!

Current Page: 89 of 261

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.