Current Page: 73 of 261
Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 04, 2019 04:05AM

To whom it may concern:

Promotional posts about speakers, gurus or whatever will be deleted from this thread.

This thread is about Mooji.

If you want to discuss and promote someone go and so somewhere else.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: February 04, 2019 04:37AM

Atta-dipa, thank you. Be Schofield is an excellent journalist and would be a good fit to write about Moo.

Zizlz, yes, I agree. I think transcendent experiences are very common and no big deal. I used to have them myself- spontaneously -and I still do, occasionally. While these expansive, peaceful and some might say 'enlightening' experiences are very beautiful, they are not enlightenment. They are just experiences.

Whether or not you can get them from listening to new age mumbo-jumbo - I really don't know! I suppose some people can.

But as I have said before, there is a lot more to spirituality than obtaining a blissed-out state. People are primarily attracted to Neo-Advaita because it looks like an easy path and offers some kind of pay-off without any effort. People really, desperately want some kind of 'enlightenment' without needing to bother with ethics and morality, which is a huge problem, too.

Every major world religion teaches us right from wrong. Even traditional Advaita Vendanta. Once you abandon morality, you are pretty much doomed.

Hence what we now see with old Moo.

That upcoming Moo event in Rishikeh..some reading
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: February 04, 2019 11:07AM

A yoga retreatant died from rabies after returning from Rishikesh to the United States.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Will Moo tell his retreatants to AVOID all dogs including puppies when in Rishikesh? And that if they are bitten, cleaning the bite is not enough, they need to DROP EVERYTHING INSTANTLY and go get the series of rabies immunizations recommended to anyone who is bitten by a rabid animal or one suspected as such?

A paper on yoga tourism. A lot of it may apply to satsang tourism.

[icyer.com]

YOGA TOURISM IN INDIA
by
Kenneth Liberman, University of Oregon, USA

...book-reading is kept to a minimum, and most serious texts that
elucidate the thought of Vedanta, Buddhism or Jainism are considered “too
heady.” That is because many of the people who are attracted to yoga are
vehemently anti-intellectual. The strategy of using the body and one’s 72,000
nerves in skillful ways to produce harmony - which is surely the genius of yoga -
attracts Americans who have mostly rejected analytic strategies. Yes, we have
bodies, but the point is to use them to gain more control over the mind, for the
object of a practice of yoga is to control the mind.

In Vivekachudamani (which
some attribute to Shankara) the sage himself cautions against “bookknowledge,” and yet Shankara is tendering this advice in a book. While the
Chandogya Upanishad asserts, “If speech were not there, there would be no
knowledge of virtue, truth and falsehood, good and bad, pleasant and
unpleasant. Surely speech makes all this known.”

Yet Swami Sivananda argues
correctly that since samadhi is “beyond the reach of speech and mind, you will
have to realize this yourself.” Hence, the study of texts is a necessary but not
sufficient part of swadhaya (self-study), yet most yoga tourists skip the text
study part, while offering glib anti-intellectual cants about the shallowness of
words and the need for “actual practice.” One expects more from people who
will teach yoga.

Or teach advaita.

Date: February 05, 2019 04:14AM

Amma Tanya White recently posted this on her Facebook page, which is public:

"These past couple of weeks have been an intense, emotional rollercoaster on the heels of discovering that the Man I once held in my heart and considered to be my Guru, Mooji, is not who I thought him to be. Needless to say it has stirred a storm of emotions within me that I have been processing on a daily basis.
Just 2 nights ago I awoke in sheer terror at 2 am struggling to breathe, and had to talk myself down off the cliff of what I used to experience on a routine basis but hadn't in over a decade...a full blown panic attack.
It was at that moment that I realized that this loss of the relationship with the Man I once looked up to, respected and COMPLETELY trusted, is impacting me on levels I can't even begin to conceptualize or put into words.
Simply put, my heart is broken
I am choosing to feel every ache and nuance of that pain, so that it takes up residence within me and keeps me awake to the pitfalls that can befall anyone who delves into their spiritual path in earnest.
Someone asked me if I had seen the video that Mooji has done in response to the video I posted. No, I have not and will not. I have no desire whatsoever to subject myself to further brainwashing and conditioning and honestly I can't bring myself to even look at him in this moment without feeling sick on my stomach and feeling waves of rage flash through me!
The lessons that will arise from this experience will continue to unfold and reveal themselves in the coming days and weeks ahead I'm sure. But there is one core lesson that has already been illumined for me and it is to always trust my inner voice/ gut intuition, because it is the voice of God within us.
Thus far, it has
never steered me in the wrong direction and for this I am truly grateful."

Sounds like she isn't backing down any time soon!

Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: February 05, 2019 06:52AM

Tanya was psychologically, emotionally indoctrinated, and purposely manipulated in unrealistic spiritual expectorations by Mooji and she may develop a posttraumatic disorder like other here.
The non-duality teaching or the absolute point of view “I am That”, does not remove automatically the experience of the duality of the apparent word or the relative point of view “I am the Body-mind”. One does not experience the true Self, even if one looks at more intensely or try to recognize the “That/Self”, one does not “see” it, even if Mooji is present in his satsags-Invitation.

Posted by: PapajisaysNO ()
Date: February 05, 2019 09:12AM

I completely relate to what she (Tanya) is saying. As I understood she was on the medical team for Moo, a revered role, and so I also see how women and men would feel safe to disclose to her what Moo did. Holding their stories, coming out so strongly against what he has done to them and getting the backlash from his group, as a result PLUS processing her own grief and betrayal from him shows how strong a person she has become and I for one and proud the hell of her!

Many people talk at other teachers retreats about Moo. So many see right through him but others trusted him and are now processing this same kind of PTSD with other retreat attendees and teachers. No one going through this should feel that they are alone. But processing it is an individual sport.

Luckily, life is what can be trusted to deliver those who have seen his shadow side, which he venomently denies. It just takes time. But it’s the key to liberation.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2019 09:14AM by PapajisaysNO.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: February 05, 2019 09:37PM

The guru role brings more stimulation and temptation than any human nervous system can bear.

Call it whatever you want, teacher, master, satsang teacher. Its the same set up.

As more people wake up to Moo's limitations, we can be sure plenty of recruiters are out there, hoping
to attract people who are disenchanted with Moo and who have not
yet given up on the satsang scene itself.

A scene which is the classic guru disciple role that almost always corrupts the leader.

It happened with Andrew Cohen. Poonja approved of Andrew Cohen. Then after AC began giving Poonja a bad name, Poonja selected a former Cohen student, Antoinette Warner or Varner, gave her the name Gangaji and she set up as the next Great Satstang Teacher.

Until she and her husband Eli Jaxon Bear had a scandal of their own.

[www.google.com]

Find some way to have friends and share spiritual aspirations without focusing
a whole scene around a teacher.

Otherwise, in a few years we will hear of yet another young handsome sweet teacher who has ended up like Moo by replicating a set up that brings more stimulation, adulation and temptation than any human nervous system can cope with.

Posted by: clearvision ()
Date: February 05, 2019 10:24PM

Good points about Poonja (Papaji) corboy...
I enjoyed reading the unflattering things about his "flawed teachings" at that No Ramana Lineage page. It doesn't play well for Moo to have his "beloved Master" turn out to be someone that left a trail of lame megalomaniac teachers..
I just noticed that they put up a photo album of statements by Moo followers declaring Moo a "God", "Lord", "Avatar", "Shiva", and Ramana himself reincarnated!

Isn't this one of the main factors in a cult? Accepting/believing that the leader is God? They certainly worship him that way.. It's shocking to read this quotes. Here's the link the photo album: Moo as God photos

Date: February 07, 2019 04:27AM

Thanks for sharing that link, Clearvision.

It's so intriguing to see just how deluded the Moo Cult followers are!

I've copied a few of the comments from the Moo Sangha Facebook page here:

“My Master bhagwan mooji baba is Shiva himself.... Mooji baba is bwagavan Ramana himself...”

“The whole universe is celebrating Our Lord’s Birthday.... Thank You to Our Beloved Lord Moojibabab!!!”

“How many thank you’s can one possibly convey to God to having met us in his human form in Mooji?”

“But my guru is Ramana... Earlier it was breathing as bhagavan Ramana. Now it breaths as bhagwan Mooji...”

“the supreme being in the form of Mooji baba... but ultimately, mooji baba is higher than supreme being even.”

The Moo Cult believe that Tony Moo is their deity! They worship him like a living God, bowing down to him, kissing his feel, taking photos of his feet, selling those photos in their gift shop...

They pray to him and all. They believe he can grant their prayers. They sing their devotional songs to him and fan him and wipe his holy brow.

Why does Moo not just come right out and say it? Why does he not tell the world that he is the Messiah?

We await the announcement with bated breath....

Date: February 07, 2019 06:26AM

More interesting tit-bits from the Moo Sangha Facebook page; always an entertaining page and well worth a look...

A fellow by the name of 'Micheal' posts this, in response to Moo's denial of allegations:

"Ramana Maharshi would not have needed to defend himself, as like you say he was beyond the need to do so. I am not sure why this broadcast was aired in the first place, as if it is not true then there should not be anything to defend other than an ego which is apparently not supposed to be present or active in Mooji.
Also if there was no ego present then comments would not be disabled in you tube videos or spiritual blogs.
Also Sri Ramana even if alive today would never charge devotees like the modern day celebrity style guru's do.
David Godman has openly stated that Mooji is not fully awakened or enlightened on a you tube video. He has studied and researched the teachings of Maharshi for many years, so he is certainly qualified to have an accurate perception of what a truly enlightened being is.
I once believed that Mooji was the real deal and a true guru or sage, but now sadly I can see beyond the veil of this pretence.
Whether these accusations are true or not is not something I am prepared to believe or disbelieve, but I fear that many people are now starting to question the validity of Mooji's pointings or authenticity, which after a while become extremely repetitive and non expansive.
Despite this I still respect and hold some affection for Mooji, but I am afraid his teachings no longer serve myself or my evolution anymore benefit.
Namaste"

I love the use of the 'Namaste' at the end of the post. A nice sarcastic touch! Micheal is obviously becoming disenchanted by Moo. The Moo Cult followers jump in quickly to denounce Micheal, saying "You are in your mind". How original! "You are in your mind", indeed...

Just one little question for the non-dualists out there - Don't you also have to "be in your mind" in order to judge someone else as "in their mind"? Just curious.

'Micheal' is not deterred, however. He stands up for himself.

Then poor old Micheal is accused of being a troll by a Cult follower by the name of 'William". In response to William, he writes:

"You are welcome to your opinions and I am welcome to mine, so let's just agree on that if nothing else. This is the first time i have ever replied to any status in this group after over 1 years since being accepted to the group, so i am not sure how that qualifies me to be classed as a troll, and not everybody who has a different opinion is a troll. Its called freedom of speech and opinion, so it sounds like you are projecting there, as who is repeating what everybody else wrote. You are quoting and believing what 30,000 other people are quoting in this group, but i need not apologise for having a different viewpoint then the majority. I have followed and listened to Mooji for years, and still believe he is far more awakened then most beings on this earth including you. I am however entitled not to stay limited to the teachings of one when there are many other wise teachers, sages and gurus who I have the freedom to follow if I so choose. Maybe the most valuable pointing he could teach you is to remain quiet and as the self, so if you are not able to do that without being insulting then maybe you've still got much to learn. Namaste"

I'm sure this particular conversation will get censored pretty soon! The Moo supporters turn on themselves.... while we here at Cult Ed don't have to lift a finger...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2019 06:28AM by Sahara71.

Current Page: 73 of 261

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.