Current Page: 61 of 261
Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: December 22, 2018 05:10AM

Hi Heythere1010101,

Welcome to the discussion. I guess there is a question I'd like to ask you-

Do you think that the way you live now, being basically unable to work, sleeping on someone else's couch and feeling like you can't think rationally or make decisions- is a result of your time with Mooji?

Or is there some possibility that other factors are involved? Because you describe your time with Mooji as mainly 'pleasant' and yet you felt compelled to leave his group.

The other thing I would like to comment on is your comparison of modern society to a type of cult. I can actually see your point, in that conformity is encouraged in society and most people want the same things, do the same things and believe the same kind of stuff.

But I think there is a major difference, in that in society at large, no-one is actually enforcing conformity. It's just 'less hassle' to conform, however, if you don't conform to what you think society wants of you- the good thing is that nothing happens. You aren't asked to leave the planet or anything. You probably just meet some new friends and take up some weird new pass-times. (I'm just going by my own experiences... Of course I live in a free country, not under a totalitarian government.)

In a cult, it's different. If you don't conform you face expulsion from the group.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 22, 2018 05:40AM

Heythere1010101,

Just wondering if this is the guy who gave you weird domineering vibes while you were alone with him- the one seated on the left in the first photo of Moo?

[www.littlesahaja.com]

Date: December 22, 2018 05:52AM

Heythere1010101 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also i tried contacting 3 different people from
> sahaja 3 different times with no response.
> At private ashram meetings things got very weird
> too, mooji would start to pit one thing against
> another until people were defending him and the
> ashram. But even the satsangs were a bit odd amd
> there seemed to always be a formula about them,
> someone would speak out against something and then
> the whole entourage would chime in defense.
> Someone mentioned the young man who spoke out
> about the ashram in an earlier posting during a
> silent retreat. He said "i watched your videos on
> youtube for a long time, and now that im here,
> although i can see how this can help people, i can
> also see how it creates as many problems as it
> solves".
> Zenji, the man who brought the young man to speak
> was thoroughly admonished by mooji and visibly
> shaken, by being associated with someone who had
> just said this. I was in that satsang after the
> young man left the audience was chiming in about
> how "dangerous" or evil he was and how people like
> that should not be allowed in.
> So yeah there was an us against them mentality
> ty for sure.

I find it extrodinary that a person is labelled 'evil' or 'dangerous' just for asking a reasonable question. Moo's teachings can create problems for people. If Moo really were a spiritual guy (which he isn't) then he would just address the man's concerns and there wouldn't be any problem. There wouldn't be an "us against them" mentality.

Date: December 22, 2018 06:21AM

Check this out:

[www.littlesahaja.com]

Scroll right down to the bottom of the page and you will see that Little Sahaja offer free wifi, but for practicalities only. They state 'no social contact'.

What the???

Why would you not be allowed to make social contact? That is just too bizarre for me! And how would they inforce it? It's like people are being controlled and watched! I don't think this is normal.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 22, 2018 09:02AM

Seems very strange to get control freaky about use of wifi. And delving into people's private lives as some have alleged.

If Monte Sahaja management want to be this attentive to teensy weensy details, why not pay attention to safety issues and fire prevention, rather than fuss about participants using wifi for social contact?

There was a serious fire reported at Monte Sahaja that forced evacuation of its residents. Some allege that there were hazardous conditions at one of the Monte Sahaja work stations.

News reports of fire at Monte Sahaja

[forum.culteducation.com]

Constantin who claimed to be resident at Monte Sahaja wrote:

Applejuice, sorry, but why discredit me? I saw what I saw. And still see.
Moo can get ugly off camera and he likes young women. That. simple.

Also, I just remembered another thing about moo's early time.
Moo and one prominent follower where both wanting to F^(&^** the same woman.
So in the end Moo simply kicked the guy out. Since reading these long threads memories come back to me from those first days at Sahaja. That was one of them.

Also it is true that there are former osho members active within the inner circle.
I 'm not sure if they wire tap people, but as i have said, the mentality is such that they spy on everyone and report to the moo.

Then yes I have witnessed public shaming many times.

Also I was there in the meeting about the x-girl friend etc etc. it was ugly and can verify about a 100 people and cameras.

Then: the safety issue is also true. Big red flags here. Moo follows no laws on the land and the whole thing is basically illegal, but because of the usual ass licking via the Mayor this is allowed for now. (The fire that broke out was due to Mooo pushing (too FAR) of a project that led to many fumes in the wood working area and all it took was a relay switch that sparked it.) The fact that is was not windy that day saved mooo from a massive catastrophe.

Happy white-washing to those who do not wish to see the truth, which is not always pretty.
C.L.

Per this discussion, Horowitz wrote:

"There is the address and email to express some concerns about Monte Sahaja Ashram in the county of Sao Martinho das Amo"

Back to use of wifi. Can't they regard retreat participants as responsible adults?

All participants make their own decisions about using wifi?

After all, these are not lager louts.

People who have paid both for travel expenses and paid for access to Moo retreats!

These are persons who are motivated to make the most of their retreat experience.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2018 12:21AM by corboy.

Posted by: clearvision ()
Date: December 27, 2018 04:29AM

I don't agree with Jim Newman's teaching, but I do agree with what he says in this video about people kissing Mooji's feet. For the record Mooji sells not one, but two! imgages of his own "lotus feet" on his website. To me, and many, there's no question that Tony has Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD). Here's a few things about that... I think he ticks all these boxes:

The DSM-5 indicates that persons with NPD usually display some or all of the following symptoms, typically without the commensurate qualities or accomplishments:[6][9]

1. Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from other people
2. Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
3. Self-perception of being unique, superior, and associated with high-status people and institutions
4. Needing continual admiration from others
5. Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
6. Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
7. Unwilling to empathize with the feelings, wishes, and needs of other people
8. Intensely envious of others, and the belief that others are equally envious of them
9. Pompous and arrogant demeanor

Here's the video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: January 01, 2019 10:24AM

King Mooji and his harem: [www.youtube.com] (Mooji Music. Om Satguru Mooji Baba Namaha, the whole video again).
One female devotee kisses Mooji’s feet, Krisnabai fans him, and the third one cleans up Mooji’s forehead. No comment needed anymore.

Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: January 02, 2019 02:52AM

In this Zmar Portugal satsang 2018, Mooji serves a spiritual fast food with an immediate magic drink to the confused audience again. What is actually discovered here and what is the Mooji’s Is-ness? It’s only a meditation-concentration state, pure sensation, observation of thoughts /feelings in the consciousness, E.Tolle’s present moment, temporarily silenced mind, being conscious, and etc. It’s not the Self, the Pure Awareness, or Savikalpa Samadhi. The mind cannot see or recognize it so simply, the mind must subside, sink down, be absorbed into its own source or essence to experience it as a whole. The attention to something within mind is mostly not enough for ten minutes. Do not fall for it. Mooji was fooling and misleading the people around to "guide" them into it. Mooji has never attained the Self or Pure Awareness, he did not know, he acted and pretended it on a pedestal, and he only partially interpreted R. Maharshi or Nisargadatta M.

Do not get confused by Mooji and stay away from Mooji.

Mooji; Many Beings Will Awaken, Will You Be Amongst Them?:
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2019 03:03AM by Horowitz.

Posted by: clearvision ()
Date: January 11, 2019 12:18AM

happytown wrote : "Papaji also set himself up without any sense of being legitimised."

Yes! A big part of this picture that people seem to miss is that Papaji is a highly questionably "guru". He made a big fuss out of meeting Ramana Maharshi briefly... (drive-by enlightenment!)

Those that study Ramana know that he authorized no-one to teach self-inquiry, and was adamant that there was to be no lineage in his name.

Therefore! this strips Papaji of any claim to lineage (overt or inferred) He is often mentioned as "a direct disciple of Ramana Maharshi". This is just trying to ride on Ramana's coattails..

Papaji declared to Andrew Cohen, "you're enlightened", "you're the one I've been waiting for", and "your eyes are like Ramana's" etc.

What Andrew then did, and became was off the charts abusive. Just read this! [www.integralworld.net]

Therefore!!! Papaji showed terrible judgement, and discernment in declaring Andrew "enlightened". If Papaji was legit, he would have seen these latent traits in Andrew in a split second.

To me the biggest myth in this "Mooji" scene is the deifying of Papaji... It makes Tony (Mooji) seem like there's a legitimacy to his enlightenment. He then fluffs this up by kissing photos of Papaji as he passes them, and having his followers sing about Papaji etc. therefore entrenching the myth even more.

Tony just has Narcissistic Personality disorder:

Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance (sitting on a throne having your feet kissed, while people sing to him that he's "the King", "the Master")

Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration (He himself sells not one, but two photo's of his own "lotus feet" on his website. He's surrounded by people fawning over him, fanning him, wiping his forehead for him, putting his shoes on for him, standing with arms folded in prayer as he enters and leaves etc.)

Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it (the Papaji myth here...)

Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior (watch any satsang video)

React with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make themselves appear superior (read the first hand comments on this forum of him yelling at people etc.)

Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious ("I am my Master's highest teaching", "I am the living prescence of Ramana Maharshi" (yikes!) Just read any of the comments from "insiders" on this forum about his behaviour "off camera")

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: January 11, 2019 12:28AM

Here's some perspective.

Most people would be very embarrassed, even horrified, if plucked from
a crowd, put on a podium, and given the adulation Moo expects as his due.

Think how many of us feel bashful if the center of attention at a surprise party or when people gather and sing "Happy Birthday".

Most of us are a little bashful when treated this way. M

Many people are shy when asked to
give an acceptance speech.

Repeat, most people would run away and hide if they knew they'd be pulled out
of a crowd and given the treatment Moo accepts as his due.

So, ask ourselves, what person wants and accepts being treated this way, day after day, week after week, year after year?

English monarchs receive their crowns in a coronation ritual, but that ritual is very, very different from the Mooji treatment.

The monarch swears an oath making him or her accountable to the law.

For the text of the oath go here:

[www.royal.uk]

Moo is accountable to no law, no God.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2019 04:13AM by corboy.

Current Page: 61 of 261

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.