Current Page: 60 of 261
Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Whtm ()
Date: December 18, 2018 06:56AM

Eventually I caught on and was on my guard I still fell for it. I wonder if once you become accustomed to trance states it becomes easier to become hypnotized again. Also, with amnesia you could be hypnotized and not even know it. There was the case of that Ohio lawyer who was hypnotizing and sexually assualting some of his clients for years without their knowledge :(.

Sahara71 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Alonzo and Happytown,
>
> I watched the staring eyes video of Shri Moojijiji
> Baba Poo, and I survived unharmed! I think that
> once you know the methods and aims of trance
> material such as this, it doesn't effect you
> anymore?
>
> I just thought that Moo looked silly- his eyes
> were not appealing at all and the whole thing
> seemed pointless and boring.
>
> I don't know if other people have the this same
> experience, once they educate themselves about
> trance induction?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 18, 2018 08:11AM

Anything that gets you to pay super close attention to someone can be used to heighten trance induction.

If a person is in a role of prestige and trust, that contributes. Forty years ago there was a commercial with the slogan, 'When EF Hutton talks, people listen.'

A charismatic cult leader GI Gurdjieff had hpynotic charisma. He began interviews speaking in a hard to understand accent, which forced his visitors to strain their attention to understand him.

Posted by: Heythere1010101 ()
Date: December 20, 2018 06:04PM

Hello, so i am kind of weirded out doing this but i am so confused right now im not really sure what else to do.
About 2 years ago i stayed in sahaja and on a remote campground about 20-mins. away driving distance from sahaja for about 4-5 months. Also i followed mooji to london and ended up staying there for about a month in between. In any case i was going to satsang for about 4/5 months straight.
I first went to open satsangs which is how i ended up on a small campground outside of sahaja.
In a way i feel like i have not by any means gotten away from the environment after 2 going on 3 yrs.
I still partially trust mooji and am confused having already "renounced" the whole mooji scene, and then watched satsang rejoicing and praying i can be there again. The fact is it literally changed my life. Was it good or bad i really dont know amymore.
Okay so i got instantly deep into ashram life in alentejo. The couple running the campsite now christened "little sahaja" were the "hosts" for a large amount of the time. I was picked up from the train station by the male of the couple and was having immediately strange reactions to him, subsequently every time i was alone usually in the car with him i would get VERY weird vibes from this dude. Like domineering and repressed sexual vibes. I actually hated to be alone with him. I am a young female.
Every ride or anything costs a certain amount, they were extremely strict about payment to the point where they began changing the rules for payments for staying on the campground to the beginning of the month, rules "change" very quickly around there. Usually when someone feels like it, because there is literally noone there to argue.
Okay so long story short i had what i would call rapid intense spiritual growth in a short amount of time, however ended up having this vision of becoming one of the devotees by moojis side forever and abruptly left.
Ironically almost exactly after cleaning out my literal life savings and my visa expired.
I have been blaming myself for leaving and for these misfortunes to the point of sickness. Physical and mental sickness and also have absolutely noone to relate this kind of experience to.
For the most part i have told myself i was too attached to money and i deserved to get it all taken away. I used to have a place to live before i went there, i have been sleeping on someones couch for the past 2 yrs. now. And like one of the people who wrote earlier have found it nearly impossible to work, think for myself whatsoever, make rational descisions, and have recently started lashing out very abusively from a place of real hatred to every single person i know.
Even living in this world seems like a chore and i am even starting to feel like im possessed by demonic forces because i cannot differentiate between right and wrong good and evil so on, anymore.
I have never had a problem so much in life as now, ongoing for years. Everything and everyone is completey alien and foriegn. I have continued to have spiritual guidance however just in general, from books or from teachers i like online.
I went to mooji because i have a deep reverence for ramana and papaji whom i had been readibg and studying diligently for years before going. And i actually had a vision of ramana saying "why dont you go and see my son?"
That is mainly why i am so confused because i got the go ahead and i trusted that and randomly made it there. This is why i am believing it is actually all my fault that these horrible things are happening.
I never saw anything overtly crazy going on in sahaja, mostly it is very pleasant, they do have some exercises
like laughing yoga which i felt were very forced and had a weird vibe.
I saw mooji directly out and about several times and yet only spoke to him on two occasions. On one of the occasions i asked why is this so different from the world, i see the world here too, i had gone into some trance or samadhi type of state, while he literally asked me why people didnt understand him, maybe they were too stupid? In a very condisending and agitated tone
I was highly congratulated for that interaction.
Okay so also my friend i made while i was there we ended up hanging out a lot of the time and sort of had crushes on each other, he has been in and out of a psychiactric ward this entire time, going slowly insane and being heavily medicated which is totally disgusting. He was never medicated before going here, or in a psych ward. We are still in communication but dont really know what to say, all he talks about is he has to get back to mooji because hes the only one who can save him.
I am in another type of psych ward of my home town where i grew up, barely being able to function normally and making absolutely horrible decisions out of total confusion and desperation.
So yeah i am in the quintessential sick reality of whatever the hell i dont know, it really feels like a realm of literal hell. Every experience is hellish and tormenting and im living with in the worst possible environment for this circumstance. And you just start feeling more and more hopeless like how am i ever going to get out of this? You ask but NO solution comes unless its back to satsang of course

Date: December 20, 2018 06:23PM

Also i tried contacting 3 different people from sahaja 3 different times with no response.
At private ashram meetings things got very weird too, mooji would start to pit one thing against another until people were defending him and the ashram. But even the satsangs were a bit odd amd there seemed to always be a formula about them, someone would speak out against something and then the whole entourage would chime in defense.
Someone mentioned the young man who spoke out about the ashram in an earlier posting during a silent retreat. He said "i watched your videos on youtube for a long time, and now that im here, although i can see how this can help people, i can also see how it creates as many problems as it solves".
Zenji, the man who brought the young man to speak was thoroughly admonished by mooji and visibly shaken, by being associated with someone who had just said this. I was in that satsang after the young man left the audience was chiming in about how "dangerous" or evil he was and how people like that should not be allowed in.
So yeah there was an us against them mentality for sure.
I was also working on a team, if you go to sahaja you are worked as much as possible. I worked on a team mostly in the blistering sun for about 6 hrs every time i went there, again congratulated for this. Alentejo is extremely dry and the sun is strong. I was able to keep up but i think my health is severely suffering now, i cannot bring myself to go to a doctor as i am too scared.

Date: December 20, 2018 06:26PM

But hey i still worshipped his image every day and thought i was in a highly enlightened state

Date: December 20, 2018 06:29PM

I think the fear to speak about this comes from the sense of, hey nobodys getting hurt, moojis not a bad guy kind of thing. And i have seen first hand being a good guy, so its kind of a morality issue, like dont cause problems if noones doing anything wrong. But what did i do wrong is what i want to know

Date: December 20, 2018 06:32PM

Thanks for this forum by the way i have been following it for a while but always feel like im betraying mooji and go back and forth between satsang

Date: December 20, 2018 06:48PM

People were unquestioningly at odds there, but i learned a lot just from the music, spiritial activites and the way the community interacted, and worked together, i met many genuinely kind & honest people. That part of it really changed me for the better, seeing how simple and beautiful life could be, when people are willing to cooperate with one another. but once your back to the society of greed competition and hatred its really disturbing. Also it feels now like "society" is just another cult, a harsher and more brutal version of any other cult. I am probably under 10× more pressure now than i had been there, under the cult of modern society. So thats confusing too like hey, there was weird stuff there, but this place is REALLY messed up. Noones even trying to look out for the common good. And people in modern society constantly pressure you to be some way or another, honestly there is really no difference between some cult and the cultish ideals, classism and expectations of modern society. Actually there is no difference whatsoever.

Date: December 20, 2018 06:58PM

Now im going off on a tangent but modern society is also a dangerous cult being responsible for tons of suicides mass shootings and bombings of innocent lives, who the hell cares if someone wants to start a peaceful commune cult? Why not write an entire forum about just the us gov.?

Date: December 20, 2018 07:01PM

Regular society being so disturbing is probably the reason most people end up in cults

Current Page: 60 of 261

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.