Current Page: 47 of 261
Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: November 15, 2018 10:46PM

i yam what i yam and [amoreiras.info],

Mooji’s Media Ltd do not pay any taxes (online or here} and invest money back in Monte Sahaja ashram and in neighborhood properties and lands (Canstantin commented here or in Moojibaba reflects on the culture at Sahaja the Ashram 2016 video) including the Beautiful Sangha apartment in Albuferie resort (Krishnabai email online and here the [amoreiras.info]. Mooji and his crew operates a normal real estate business and they should pay the tax like everyone..
Anyway, I have a huge doubt about investing any money in this region at all, special in Monte Sahaja ashram and the land around: it's very hot in summer about 40 C, dry land, bushes everywhere, deserted farm areas, very dusty, windy, no water for a bath, limited water for washing, no real showers for everybody, dried toilets, no drains, no air conditioners, no heating in winter for everybody, some fog and mist from ocean in winter, no direct train/bus connections. Including; Mooji's cult is present, Mooji's photos, blessings, worshipings, and spying atmosphere everywhere.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 16, 2018 01:43AM

To whom it may concern:

Psychiatrist Robert Jay Lifton wrote a paper published at Harvard titled "Cult Formation" within which he defined a destructive cult. In my experience almost all definitions of destructive cults intersect with Lifton's three criteria or core characteristics. In my book "Cults Inside Out" I propose that Lifton identified the nucleus for the definition of a destructive cult.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Lifton explains:

"Certain psychological themes which recur in these various historical contexts also arise in the study of cults. Cults can be identified by three characteristics:

1. a charismatic leader who increasingly becomes an object of worship as the general principles that may have originally sustained the group lose their power;

2. a process I call coercive persuasion or thought reform;

3. economic, sexual, and other exploitation of group members by the leader and the ruling coterie."

Here are the questions that must be asked to determine if a leader and his or her group has become a destructive cult.

Has the leader become an object of worship?

Is the leader meaningfully and legally accountable to anyone through bylaws, an elected board, etc.?

Or is he or she essentially a totalitarian dictator who actually rules over the group?

Does the leader have undue influence over his or her followers? This can be seen objectively when followers act consistently against their own best interests, but consistently in the best interest of the group and its leader.

Does the leader use his or her undue influence to exploit people?

Has the leader hurt people?

It's not about what the group believes, but rather about how the group behaves.

It's about its structure regarding checks and balances that provide for meaningful accountability and financial transparency.

It's about the group dynamics that systemically produce harm and/or abuse, which then subsequently generate a repeated pattern of complaints.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2018 01:53AM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: November 16, 2018 02:13AM

Mooji’s real estate business in the area of Monte Sahaja ashram (from [amoreiras.info]) tax free:

i) Vela da Vinha: [valedavinha.com]:
Located 5 km from Monte Sahaja, Vale da Vinha offers an ideal environment for those of you who wish to stay in the field of the Sangha. With 6 hectares of beautiful nature in the bottom of a quiet valley,Vale da Vinha offers an ideal environment for…,
ii) Mooji Sangha Bhavan: [www.moojisanghabhavan.org]
Mooji Sangha Bhavan is the sister land of Monte Sahaja. It is located in a beautiful valley about 5km from Monte Sahaja. Mooji Sangha Bhavan is wholly in service to those who strongly feel a heart connection with Sri Mooji. The ashram energy is…(the original (first) Mooji ashram)
iii) Little Sahaja: [www.littlesahaja.com]
The only purpose of Little Sahaja is to provide for Beings who are drawn to Moojibaba’s pointings and presence. Little Sahaja is located in a beautiful and quiet valley. You can have a nice walk to Monte Sahaja through the eucaliptus forest.…
iv)Sahaja Bhavan: [sahaja-bhavan.webnode.com]:
Arupas place, Sahaja Bhavan got it´s name and blessing by Shri Moojiji in January 2016. You are very welcome to this quiet and beautiful space surrounded by fields, trees and storks as your neighbor. With a wonderful view to the mountains you are…
v) Beautiful Sangha Apartment in Albufeeira ocean resort: Cerro Mar Albufeira CERRO MAR – ALBUFEIRA Located on top of a hill overlooking the ocean is situated this beautiful, private apartment of 80m2. Sri Mooji stays in this apartment whenever he is in the Algarve and it has been a retreat for some of the Mooji Sangha…

The apartment in Albuferia ocean resort is too far from ashram (no charity mission-purposes) and may be actually for Mooji and his young babes. It must be taxed as well.

Dear sangha members/visitors/followers in Monte Sahaja, please do not work in (i-iv) areas for free as an ashram’s landscaper rather use only the apartment in Albufeira ocean resort in (v) for free with your girl/boyfriend you met in ashram….

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2018 02:18AM by Horowitz.

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: November 16, 2018 04:14AM

Wombat,

The points I made in my previous post were for the benefit of i yam what i yam, who was worried about me getting into dangerous territory regarding defamation laws. Xivoparig claimed Moo was a rapist and a fraud, so if anyone is going to be sued for defamation, it's most likely going to be Xivoparig.

All I said was that the Moo Foundation seem to get a bit creative with their accounting ( which is not necessarily illegal.) Being accused of being a rapist is a much more serious matter and out of the two accusations, I think being a rapist would be the most likely to procure an allegation of defamation.

That is all I meant by listing those particular comments.

While we are on the topic, I am well aware of defamation laws. I write everything I do based around my own experiences with this cult and I do so without malice. The fact that I post frequently is no indication of malicious intent. I am simply trying to warn the public about this cult.

Where I have discussed things other than my own personal experience, it is to question and explore what other people are saying on this very forum, or else to draw attention to comments which are already freely available in the public sphere on other internet resources.

Where other information comes to light, that is not freely available for anyone to read, I refrain from commenting on it publicly.

I would have to question why you return again and again to a forum that is so at odds with your own deeply held beliefs?

Date: November 16, 2018 04:29AM

I yam what i yam,

Being hypnotised over the Internet by a cult, without your consent, is not the same kind of thing as watching 'Saturday Night Live' and realising that you wasted your time with something that was meaningless.

It is a different scenario.

One is entertainment that failed to entertain.

The other is an exploitative cult that breaks down people's identities, subjects them to thought-reform, violates their human rights and extracts money and free labor from them, all the time abusing them psychologically.

Thank you also for confirming that in your opinion Moo runs a cult!

Of course it is a cult and the public have every right to be made aware of this.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 16, 2018 04:38AM

Wombat is here as an apologist.

Ironically, some years ago he was here at this message board complaining about a group seeking help and/or some feedback and solace.

But apparently now he has moved on to another questionable group and has become an apologist.

Groups called "cults" frequently threaten to sue people that critically speak out. They don't seem to understand that free speech is a two way street.

Five groups called "cults," including Landmark Education, have sued the Cult Education Institute. All the lawsuits were dismissed. None went to trial. All the lawsuits accomplished was they drew more negative attention (media) to the groups. One was subsequently shut down by a state attorney journal. Another was raided by the FBI and its leader is now in jail waiting for trial on criminal charges of "sex trafficking."

In my experience many "cult" leaders are sociopaths, some psychopaths and all seem to be rather narcissistic eog-driven individuals. The more they get the more they want and so on until in many cases they get into trouble.

Date: November 16, 2018 05:48AM

Hi Horowitz,

Thanks for all the info on the Moo Foundation's real estate business. I can't quite work out where they are listing all the income from rent on these properties?

I suppose the rent collected could be tax free, since they are a registered charity and housing people in order for them to attend Satsung would presumably come under the heading of 'benefitting their spiritual and moral wellbeing'?

The mind boggles!

I will have to go back over their financial papers.

Posted by: i yam what i yam ()
Date: November 16, 2018 07:03AM

I don't think it's yet been established that Mooji "extracts money" from anyone.

The prices charged for 5-, 7- and 10-day Mooji retreats are very reasonable. They are considerably cheaper than the yoga retreats I see advertised, yet involve far more people to run.

You can buy stuff from the Mooji shop if you want, but we're not talking thousands here.

What we don't know is whether the inner and middle circle includes some "whales" who have been tapped up for heavy donations. Maybe that's the case. Perhaps they like to give, thinking of camels and eyes of needles, and perhaps also they're encouraged into it. But this is something we simply have no information about.

All we know right now is that people can choose to go on reasonably-priced retreats, buy CDs, or some comparatively cheap items from an online shop. We don't know any more than that, because if there are people who've given more, we've never heard about it. So in the absense of any information to the contrary, I don't think we can infer that there is any financial coercion or pressure to become a large donor.

Posted by: alonzo ()
Date: November 16, 2018 09:16AM

Guys, you are off track with this one. I lived at sahaja for a long time and know first hand the properties in question were all bought by Mooji followers. A couple in particular were owned by people even before Mooji moved to Portugal. Some of these followers want to be close to Mooji so they bought property, I myself considered doing this. They indeed use these properties for the benefit of Mooji, the furthering of satsang and to make money for themselves but this is all legitimate and you will hurt your cause if you make a big deal of this. Sure, they are misguided to be involved with Mooji but everything I know about these properties are privately owned and above board.

Date: November 16, 2018 12:29PM

Thanks Alonso,

What you describe makes perfect sense. I could not see how these properties were connected to the Moo Foundation on paper.
If you don't mind, can you tell us a bit more about your time at Monte Sahaja?

Thank you.

Current Page: 47 of 261

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.