Current Page: 33 of 261
Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Applejuice ()
Date: November 04, 2018 11:10PM

Please don't use me as an example of financial transparency or lack thereof. I am one person, and do not know or really care what happens with the finances. It's not my money. I have my own money, my own job and live in a different country. I also do not donate the his group. But see no issue if other people want to donate to Mooji. As far as I understand all the money made helps runs the Ashram, and provide more satsang opportunities.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 04, 2018 11:29PM

Applejuice:

Why are you here posting?

You "do not know or really care what happens with the finances"?

Interesting. You don't care what happens. OK.

If you "live in a different country" is anything you post here really grounded in facts observed first-hand. As someone who doesn't care and lives far away from the community are you a reliable source?

Apparently there is no detailed financial disclosure regarding the budget details distributed to contributors. "But you see no issue" with that?

Seems like you see nothing of any substance to critically scrutinize other than the first-hand information provided by ex-members here.

Are you sure that your "job" isn't at least as a part-time online apologist for Moo? You apparently are very concerned with that issue.

And you really did not answer my questions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2018 11:32PM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: happytown ()
Date: November 04, 2018 11:34PM

I am saying that it is not healthy for Mooji to have no peers. Even most spiritual teachers have a partner they would consider an equal.

Date: November 04, 2018 11:51PM

No peers?

Sounds like the group is run like a dictatorship.

It also probably has corporate bylaws and a board. My guess is that Moo runs that too without any meaningful accountability.

Again, someone that becomes an object of worship who is also a dictator would fit the criteria associated with a destructive cult.

Posted by: Applejuice ()
Date: November 05, 2018 12:06AM

rmoderator I explained in my first post that I joined to clear up some misconceptions. I know what happens because I've been around for so long, when he was in the UK and in other countries. But I don't live in Monte Sahaja, therefore events may happen which I have no knowledge about. I was an honest as I could be.

Things like the sexual allegations needed to be cleared up because it has genuinely never been brought up in the community before. And the case studies you presented are obviously fake. There are blatant things wrong with the account. The rest are random comments anybody could make. Another poster even claimed that they live in Monte Sahaja, but gave a false claim that Mooji monitors peoples sex lives. So again don't believe everything you read.

I think I've told you everything I know. You can decide for yourself if you think it's a cult. Either way whats true is that there are no credible reports of sexual abuse, or holding people against their will, or coercing people to leave their families and cut them off from the outside world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2018 12:20AM by Applejuice.

Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: November 05, 2018 12:42AM

Quote:
Posted by: Constantin, October 25, 2018 05:17PM

...Firstly Moo likes to control peoples lives, down to who they have sex with with. And because of this there are people going around to see who is sleeping with who....

Another evidence for Applejuice by Constantin who commented on the high level of sexual promiscuity in Monte Sahaja ashram. Applejuoce do you really believe that Mooji is out of that sexual culture there and Mooji is in celibacy? The hidden sexuality and the "big" love is one of the main product and attraction of Mooji’s ashram. Applyjuice you have even talked us about a beautiful girl with the spiritual name from Mooji, name Samadhi, who got sexually involved with a married man (who has a wife and two childrens) and Mooji was also "involved" in that affair probably...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2018 12:54AM by Horowitz.

Posted by: happytown ()
Date: November 05, 2018 01:43AM

I would also like to hear more about these four concerns:

1. Allowing people to worship him
2. His teaching style
3. Not speaking on worldly events
4. Not taking mental health seriously enough

Date: November 05, 2018 01:54AM

Yes. For example how could "not taking mental health seriously enough" contribute to a suicide?

Posted by: Mara Fiota ()
Date: November 05, 2018 06:12AM

happytown Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would also like to hear more about these four
> concerns:
>

> 2. His teaching style

You didn't ask me but I would like to say something about this, as someone who encountered Mooji's teaching coming from more of a zen buddhist approach (by that I only mean that it was the books I had been consuming, worked with and been aplying, I didn't sat zazen. basically Adyashanti's and Cheri Huber's books).

So with these two fairly popular teachers I've mentioned,
i would say with Zen in general,
you INCLUDE everything in your practice and in your contemplation. From the get-go there is NO DIFFERENCE between the Personal and the Impersonal. Transcendence is not seen (and not talked about)as to be "higher" than Immanence.

What I've always understood from this (and took a huge amount of inspiration and joy from) is that EVERYTHING is already sacred, just as it is, and not to forget that, and not to miss that. And surely, first of all, you have to really SEE that.

The Heart Sutra talks about this insight:

“Oh Shariputra,
Form is no other than Emptiness
Emptiness no other than Form.
Form is exactly Emptiness
Emptiness exactly Form.
Sensation, Conception, Discrimination,
are likewise like this.

I've always loved that about Zen, the concreteness of it, and I find it really relaxing to START from a philosophical viewpoint that emphasizes that you'll never really land anywhere at all.
"Oh, so you've found the Absolute / the Self/ The Unborn??
That's very fine and dandy, but how are you living it?
In which ways are you hiding from life?What are you afraid of? What are you rejecting?And why?Where are you still fixated? What do you still believe that you "know"?Sure, there really is no Time, but what's your problem with Time?"

From the Sandokai:

“To encounter the absolute is not yet enlightenment.”

Granted, it is a big fucking deal. The biggest, truly "unimaginable" deal.

ANd ALSO.
We musn't get stuck on it.

This is, the way I see it, incredibly important, not to mention healthy, and an exercise of humility. (And life will have it's ways to pull us "down" from the Absolute anyway. if I may use adverbs of location at this point)

Now Mooji's emphasis is in remembering our Isness, the ungraspable unlimited un-nameable Absolute identity.
His teaching style is I would say,rather EXCLUSIVE; so, a Neti-neti approach (you come to what you are through seeing what you are not) coupled with a theistic frame and the Guru/disciple dynamic.
For this to work, some pre requesites have to be in place, the most important of all being
- you have to implicitly trust the guru.
This means that your nervous system has to be comfortable enough to engage with a dynamic where you will do what you are told. This is the particular form of surrender that this path entails (and surrender is INDESPENSABLE in any kind of real attainment/recognition/shift). It is talked about as a grace in itself,this trust; grace being that element that the human didn't produce, that was just available mysteriously

Now everyone is different and not everyone will "gel" with this kind of path. Or maybe not for now, but will later.

I have to say I don't think it makes any sense to ego shame; it is just very foreign to what I've seen to be true, and helpful, and practical. Most people are already incredibly self judgmental. It takes a lot of skill to transmit that fundamentally there is nothing wrong with anyone or anything, while at the same time encouraging you to relaxedly inquire into what you are believing is wrong. And it takes a lot of courage and sincerity on the part of the student at times. And for some people a TREMENDOUS amount of it

So Mooji's style might suit us, or not so much, at a particular time. To expect his humanity to be "perfect" at all times, or the teaching to never ever fail, is to set ourselves for disapointment.The human element will be there.
What he ultimately is, what YOU are, is perfect, because it is not original or new, just IS

Compare Moo supporters vs those worried abt Moo
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 05, 2018 07:01AM

FYI, ever since the Moo discussion got lively, the view count has zoomed upward.

Just for today view count for the Moo discussion.

November 4 69,182 4:32 AM PST

November 4 69,520 1:11 PM PST

To help new visitors to this discussion, posts from Moo supporters and posts from those worried about Moo are here presented in two catagories.

Readers are invited to compare and contrast the two groups.

Moo is a regarded as a teacher.

A teacher is known by the quality of his students.

Here are the posts from pro Mooji-ites

Mara Fiota

[forum.culteducation.com]

Wombat

Applejuice

Jerkchicken

Here are the posts from those perturbed about Moo. xivoparig claims first hand experience, as does bringinthecat and StartingOver.

bringinthecat and StartingOver both claim to have been at Monte Sahaja.

xivoparig (Reportedly followed Moo on tour and witnessed disturbing things. After xivoparig posted, the Moo thread view count skyrocketed and we had our first visits from...energized Moo supporters.

bringinthecat (visited monte sahaja did seva work there)

Date: March 30, 2018 05:59AM

I went to mooji's ashram in 2014 for a few months. I was doing seva there on their building projects, building a new temple. I had a good time and got a lot out of it.

reading all this had brought back a memory that I feel I should share though, because it bothers me in retrospect. About the woman referenced as mooji's ex. We were gathered for one of the many spontaneous satsangs that take place there. About one hundred people were there I guess. It was a different feel, like something bad had happened. It was about some disgruntled student who had written an angry letter. It felt a bit uncomfortable, but the general vibe was that the student had got it wrong. It was about getting people's opinions on what had happened. It had a sort of tribunal feel, but whoever wrote the letter wasn't there.

towards the end, this woman identified as mooji's ex on this website got up and started shouting at him. It was awkward and sudden. She was very upset. I recall Mooji wafting his hand at her and saying "you were too attached".

anyway it's on tape and there were about one hundred people there I am sure. I remember at the time thinking that people are going through things in this ashram environment, and it can be very challenging. And of course mooji was a sage and not to be mistaken with a regular guy.

But four years on, and now especially with this #metoo movement always in the news, I had to reassess and speak up, albeit anonymously. In what other area would a sixty year old man leaving his partner for a much younger woman be accepted as being for her own good because she was too attached? It's ludricous. It'S weird how it seemed acceptable.

I know this is all hearsay, but as I said, it was all recorded in front of many witnesses.

StartingOver (Identifies as a longtime Mooji supporter who spent 'quite a bit of time' at Monte Sahaja')

Date: March 31, 2018 07:25PM

I was a long time supporter of mooji and spent quite a bit of time at Sahaja. As someone who was very close to Mooji and the Sangha I can tell you that sahaja is actaully wiretapped to record and monitor phone calls and conversations on the land. Mooji has spies there and uses them to give him info on those visiting which he uses to pretend that he knows what they are thinking. His old security who spent years with him is terrified of him. I recently has a conversation with him and really felt bad for the guy. It seems Mooji really screwed up this guys life.There is definitely a cult around him. I left him with my dignity barely in tact but I am very greatful I was able to escape as many are still there and not so fortunate. I really feel bad for alot of the people I know there as they think he is some God. Little do they know he is tricking them and using there vulnerabilty as a means of entrance into their minds. something has to be done to stop him. There is a documentary on Netfilx about the osho scandal, oddly enough spme of those people who were with Osho are now with Mooji. Really fucking scary.

StartingOver also wrote:

Date: March 31, 2018 07:03PM

Found this on Reddit

[www.reddit.com]

I recently posted a statement I found online regarding Mooji

[www.reddit.com]

and an incident that happened at Sahaja and I see that it was deleted. With all due respect if we as students follow someone we have the right to know every aspect of him to be able to truly discern if he is right for us or not. I have seen many post that have been deleted by you guys that were seemingly making very valid concerns in regards to Mooji. I honestly am starting to become suspicious as to why their is a big effort to hide anything that paints Mooji in a negative light especially since he is suppose to be above all of this anyway. I would really appreciate a response and not a deletion. My text followed the guidelines of this reddit so i am really confused here. What is really the deal with Mooji and why are you guys blocking information about him? I never wanted to believe the rumors about him but one can only wonder why criticism of him is not allowed.

Corboy note: in response a CEI discussion board member zizlz wrote:

Date: April 02, 2018 08:56PM

Meanwhile on [reddit.com]

[www.reddit.com]

the moderator keeps deleting everything even remotely critical of Mooji or the cult surrounding him. Recently someone made a post addressing this censorship, and of course that post was deleted by the moderator as well. Here's an archived snapshot of it: [archive.is]

Happytown -- started this discussion about Moo. Thread was available when xivoparig arrived reporting worries.

Horowitz

Sadgame

Sahara 71

Simplyput

i yam what i yam

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2018 08:09PM by corboy.

Current Page: 33 of 261

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.