Current Page: 27 of 261
Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: SadGame ()
Date: October 26, 2018 02:32AM

@Constantin

thank you for sharing some of your experiences with Moo and at Sahaja.

First of all i hope you are doing ok yourself, as i know that even just this process of coming to grips with the desillusionment can be quite confronting, it is for me. Having followed Moo for probably around 8 years, i had never been very devotional by nature myself and consider myself to be very critical and an independent thinker. Still i have developed significant blind spots and illusions, which i think have been made possible by mechanisms of thought reform that are at play in moo's dealings.
To acknowledge my own faults and lack of discernment is painful enough, but i notice that having to let go of a blissful degree of trust might even be more challenging.

Secondly, you are helping us all to understand, and acknowledge whats wrong with moo.
Your report that he is controlling people's lives to the point of who they are having sex with is really shocking to me.
having people go round checking on this to me seems really outlandish, but it corroberates the allegations that there might be wiretapping and other forms of monitoring going on in and around the ashram.
These practices have been brought up in connection with former osho sanyassins being in moo's inner circle now, and since you also mention him wanting to emulate osho... i wonder if that might be true

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2018 02:34AM by SadGame.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: happytown ()
Date: October 26, 2018 02:38AM

The toxic power dynamics of oneness

[meaningness.com]

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: October 26, 2018 05:43AM

Hi Constantin,

I'm glad you came forward to share your story with everyone here. I think it will be helpful for those who are considering leaving the Moo cult.

That's really weird that Moo wants to know who is sleeping with who, within the cult compound. Why would he want to know something like that? It hardly makes any sense....

Unless...

Moo wants to know which female members are available for him to seduce himself! That could one possible reason. Of course, we just don't know the exact reason, yet. I'm pretty sure more information will come to light.

There is one conversation on record, which I posted a link to ages ago - where a young female devotee reports that Moo asked her to have sex with him.
Moo is reported to have said:

"Hush, this is fine. This is fine, guru share love with many."

The female devotee alleges that Moo is in multiple sexual relationships with various members of his inner circle.

Then there is the fact that if you look at the Satsung video material, you do see a lot of attractive young women making goo-goo eyes (tranced-out eyes!) at Moo.

And we know that plenty of gurus have been implicated in the sexual exploitation of women throughout the ages. Not that we should jump to conclusions! Of course we must not.

I posted a link to an article in the The Gardian a few days ago, where a guru in Thailand has been accused of multiple counts of sexual manipulation of female devotees, in association with mind-control and hypnosis.

I am just putting together a few interesting points. It's enough for me to be very, very, suspicious. If you were a concerned parent of a teenage girl who joined this cult, I think you would have cause to worry. That's all.

Date: October 26, 2018 05:55AM

Steve Hassan offers advice in his chapter entitled "strategies for recovery":

"People can leave a mind control group in any of three basic ways: they walk out; they are kicked out (often in a very burned-out condition, both psychologically and physically); or they are counseled out."

Hassan, Steven. Combating Cult Mind Control: (p. 271)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2018 05:57AM by happytown.

Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: October 26, 2018 09:56AM

Quote:
Re: Mooji a cult? new
Posted by: yourinlove ()
Date: October 24, 2018 10:26PM
...For me, it started getting weird during the 2017 Rishikesh season, when the Invitation technique was created. He started repeating himself and saying the same things over and over in every satsang...

Mooji shows the guidance (at this video record 2:20)) on a piece of paper to prepare the audience on questions, that Mooji asks during the Invitation to the Freedom-excesses. Everybody (500) in the audience in Monte Sahaja receives this copy of paper to know what to answer in advance. Everything is simply prearranged and nobody speaks and answers the questions directly from the true Self during the Invitation technique. Mooji and his team want to trick out the YT‘s listeners and to make a huge spiritual impression, but it's only foul play from the both sides.
[www.youtube.com]
on G+/Moojiji with 64 members

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 27, 2018 08:02PM

One of the secrets of totalitarian people management is to identify and
break up (disrupt) friendships.

All loyalty goes to the leader. Genuine friendship that excludes the leader is contraband.

If ashram management spy on the residents, it can be for these purposes:

Identifying who is friends with whom

Identifying who is trusted and respected by others

Identifying who knows insider info and is getting disgruntled. Such a person may be given special treatment, flattery, persuaded not to leave, and later marginalized.

Identifying who is aggressively skeptical and is trying to get others to leave.

Jesus did not live in an ashram
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 27, 2018 08:08PM

Jesus did not live in an ashram.

In a discussion of an abusive Christian church, someone wrote this. When some guru compares himself to Jesus, go read this.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Many false leaders (spiritual fathers) exercise the seat of authority in a "lordship" type position. They may never openly say this, but the air in their congregation is permeated with a sense of "everyone needs to serve the leader...it's all about the leaders vision...sons need to serve their father's vision."

The problem with this line of thinking is that it is the opposite of what Jesus taught. Jesus said that those leaders who are considered great, are those who serve everyone else. Jesus said that the one who governs the church must become the servant. This does not mean that the governor should require everyone to serve him and build his ministry. It means that the governor uses his power and authority to empower people into their God given callings.

The leader is to perfect/equip the saints for the work of ministry (Ephesians 4:11-13). The scripture does not say that the leader is to perfect/equip the saints for the building up of and work of his own ministry. The saint may be called to be apart of that leaders ministry or the saint may not. That is not the leader's job to worry about.

The leader's job is to obey Christ and the scripture. Serve, perfect, train, empower, and release.

True fathers simply want their sons to succeed, and to go further than themselves.

Posted by: i yam what i yam ()
Date: October 27, 2018 08:37PM

I think the construction of the Christ Chapel at Monte Sahaja was another sign of Mooji elevating himself to Godhead status. As well as symbolising his blasphemous but for some obviously potent confusion of Christianity with Mooji-worship.

At the end of satsang when beautiful women sing Christian hymns to Mooji, like "He's Got The Whole World In His Hands", I felt both repulsion and envy, realising that they were addressing Mooji as if HE were God!

Has anyone here seen Sahaja Express videos? Those are the live videos shot around Monte Sahaja which show Mooji talking to cult-members outside of satsang. (But everything is satsang...). I remember when I was into this stuff finding them really powerful/addictive:

[vimeo.com]

It's so much Mooji's fiefdom, people are in and out dependent on whether he likes their "energy".

Of course, the maddest scenes of cultic devotion from Sahaja Express and the paid broadcasts of silent retreats don't make it onto Youtube...

Date: October 27, 2018 08:53PM

How cults use YouTube for recruitment:

[www.vice.com]

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: October 28, 2018 05:48AM

Thanks for sharing the link to Saharja Express, i yam what i yam.
I watched the introduction...

I see Mooji has been put on the spot to do a 'hard sell' and push people into signing up for these videos, at 20 euros per month for membership. He makes out that there is something very special about this video material and that it is for advanced deciples. (Notice the use of the word 'deciples'....it's all very biblical.)

But if it were really true that people could become enlightened by hearing Moo's simple message... then why would they need to pay to hear a more 'advanced' form of the same message?

Moo is kind of pointing to his simple message now not being adequate for the job of instant enlightenment. The message that you can hear for free on YouTube is no longer enough.... You need to go deeper. You need to pay.

But he can't just ask for money straight up; that would never work. First, people have to become addicted to his trance induction material, by watching The Invitation and all the other free content. Only then, when they realise they are still not enlightened by this so-called instant enlightenment, they will feel the need to go deeper and pay up. Surely, something significant will be revealed, if only they are dedicated enough to sign up!

It's just a very manipulative grab for money. And to think they have the audacity to call the Moo Foundation a charity.

This is not a charity.... It is a cult and it is designed to exploit people.

Current Page: 27 of 261

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.