Another cult in Turkey - Adnan Oktar and his 'kittens'
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: June 01, 2017 01:38AM

Here is another group active in Turkey.

[www.google.com]

[nytlive.nytimes.com]

Broadly's Three Day Investigation

[video.vice.com]

into the weird world of Muslim creationist Adnan Oktar provides viewers a glimpse at the (heavily-curated) life of Turkey’s “most notorious cult leader.” Oktar got his start in the late 1970s and ‘80s and considers himself and his followers the new face of modern Islam — a clan that includes devout women he calls “kittens” who appear on his television network, A9. In addition to writing over 300 books, he takes credit for introducing his followers to feminism.

“Oppression causes so many problems for their skin and hair,” Oktar is says at the video’s start before his kittens are revealed, all sporting surgically-altered faces, many with bleached blonde hair. Broadly’s correspondent is invited to Oktar’s lavish home, which displays “paleontological evidence that the species did not evolve.” After being heavily made up, she’s invited onto A9, where Oktar and the “kittens” engage in conversation about their beliefs on the misrepresentation of Muslim women. The group adamantly believes that women are superior and Oktar says “perceiving women as a potential threat mechanism is one of the most cruel aspects of traditional orthodox Islam.” That is, of course, before music starts playing and the women begin to dance.

“Here, women are always in front. It’s the best place for a woman to be in the world,” one of the kittens stresses, acknowledging that in America, men and women are still unequal and “many female CEOs earn less than the men.” “Darwin hates women,” another adds.

“To the outside world, their lives seem like a joke, they seem like something that’s an embarrassment, or there for spectacle,” the correspondent says. “But in reality, these are real people and their lives seem to amount to some sort of spectacle for one man, and that’s their cult leader, Adnan Oktar.”

For the flavor of Adnan Oktar’s television program, watch the video below:

[www.youtube.com]

Restraining order issued for cult leader Adnan Oktar after father's plea

[www.dailysabah.com]

Turkish court issued a temporary restraining order against television personality and cult leader Adnan Oktar and a mother of two young women, whose father accused Oktar of brainwashing his daughters.

Elvan Koçak, a Turkish man living in Austria who divorced his wife Gülperi K. years ago for her devotion to Oktar, told a Turkish TV station that his two teenage daughters were brainwashed by Oktar.

In an tearful interview to Akit TV, the 44-year-old father said he has not been able to contact his daughters ?eyma and Bü?ra Koçak for seven months and only recently learned they were in Oktar's entourage. He said his friends notified him when they saw two girls at the ages of 19 and 17 on a live broadcast of Oktar's TV show, among other young women in heavy makeup.

Elvan Koçak said his daughters cut off contact with him and he appealed to the Turkish authorities to help.

The Anadolu prosecutor's office started an investigation against Oktar and Gülperi K. on charges of "deprivation of liberty" and sought a protection order for the father and two women. The court issued a six-month restraining order against Oktar and Gülperi K. and also gave custody of the 17-year-old girl to her father.

Oktar surrounds himself with young women and good-looking men during his programs where he delves into everything from evolution theory to the "British deep state" on his A9 TV. He affectionately calls the young women on his show "kittens." His critics claim that he brainwashes young women and men from wealthy families into joining his cult, a claim he had repeatedly denied.

Oktar, 62, who is primarily known for a series of books he wrote under the pseudonym "Harun Yahya," first made headlines in the 1980s when he was arrested for promoting theocracy. After a court found him mentally ill, he spent 10 months in a mental hospital and, after his release, he kept a relatively low profile. He established a foundation in 1995 and started publishing books on creationism. He became a household name after he launched a TV station in 2011 where his bizarre TV shows made him a favorite topic of internet memes and stirred up controversy. Bordering on obscenity where scantily-clad dancers perform in between Oktar's speeches peppered with religious references, his shows often receive complaints at the country's TV watchdog

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2018 11:42PM by corboy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Human Rights Leaders Arrested in Istanbul - July 7 2017
Date: July 07, 2017 11:23PM

If Mevlana wants you to travel to see her in Istanbul, ask why she
can't come visit the UK and meet with the Knowledge Book work groups.

That way, disciples do not have to disrupt their busy schedules and spend
extra money travelling to Istanbul. Safer, too.

Turkey crackdown: Rights groups outraged by latest arrests

By Selin Girit BBC News, Istanbul

[www.bbc.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2017 11:25PM by corboy.

hand copying a book as method of indoctrination
Date: November 03, 2017 08:03AM

In a group quite different from Mevalana, their members are also
told to hand copy a book written by the leader.

In Sidi's group, the book cost only $40 USD

[salamibaloney.blogspot.com]

AnonymousJanuary 31, 2016 at 5:19 PM

Listen, I was in Sidi's cult for many years. Here's the deal.

Money,money,money. Go on their website. Look at how expensive the books are. And as a few people have already said, it's regurgitated new age nonsense. Only instead of Xenu it's Mohammed that has all these mystical powers.

Brainwashing. You must copy his $40 book by hand when you join. It's hundreds of pages long.

and

AnonymousApril 1, 2016 at 11:49 AM
Yes! You're right.

Behavioral-Control System Methods Used to Support a Behavioral-Control System

Induced dissociation and other altered states by putting person in mild form of trance (through chanting, repeating affirmations, extended periods of meditation or prayer, etc)

Assignment of monotonous tasks or repetitive activities, such as chanting or meditating, or cleaning or copying written materials or rote administrative work.

read the entire list and more at

cultresearch.org

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2017 08:04AM by corboy.

Another huge book by -- by Adnan Otkar aka Harun Yahya
Date: January 20, 2018 12:26AM

Mevlana has produced her hefty tome, "The Knowledge Book."

Strangely, another wealthy and eccentric Turkish sect led by one Adnan Otkar, has its own Big Book. Is there a connection between the two groups?

Or is it just a cooincidence that the respective leaders enjoy creating immense tomes?

[balkanist.net]

"The Atlas of Creation" by the "Madhi of Armani", Harun Yahya aka Adnan Otkar weighs about 12 pounds and is 800 or so pages long.

(Otkar's sect)t has produced more than 300 books to date, including the 800-page pinnacle of anti-evolutionary scholarship, the Atlas of Creation. A promotional video for the masterwork alleges that the book’s release had “the impact of an atom bomb”: According to a “scientific” study, before the atlas was published, a full “90 percent of Europeans believed in evolution”. Since the Atlas of Creation has been made available in nine different languages, “only 10 percent of Europeans still believe in Darwinism”. Real facts. Watch the entire promo video below.

Though the volume weighs about 12 lbs. (5.4 kg), Harun Yahya and associates decided to ship it, completely unsolicited, to the United Nations, the US Congress, and numerous biology departments at universities around the world, including the Imperial College London, Utrecht University, the University of Chicago, the University of Barcelona, UC Berkeley, Brown, and the medical school at Columbia University.

Kevin Padian, a Professor of Integrative Biology at UC Berkeley, was one of the lucky recipients who came to work one day and found a copy of the hefty book waiting for him. “In our country we are used to nonsense like this,” Dr. Padian said of the United States. Several of his colleagues also received the Atlas of Creation, and were all “astonished at what a load of crap it is.”

[www.youtube.com]

If he sees a picture of an old fossil crab or something, he says, ‘See, it looks just like a regular crab, there’s no evolution,’” he said. “Extinction does not seem to bother him.”

Re: "The Knowledge Book" Is it a cult?
Date: January 20, 2018 12:41AM

Vedia Bülent Çorak, Mevalana, The Knowledge Book

It is very clear that dealing with the book takes an immense commitment.
Many would contend that reading the Mahabharata or the Greek Scriptures or the Hermetica of Hermes Trismegistus would also entail such a commitment.

[www.bigbanglife.org]

This book purportedly exists to help with the next crucial phase of our planetary evolution. How then could I not be interested? The book has been translated into 15 languages, so apparently I’m not alone in my interest.

The enormous purple tome that is, The Knowledge Book was introduced to me eighteen months ago by my very wise, consciousness-seeking (and finding) friend, Robin, who is a dedicated proponent of its message. It was dictated to a human being commencing in 1981, from The Golden Galaxy Dimension, a galaxy far outside the realm of the things we know of as galaxies. The method used was something called, Light-Photon-Cyclone – unknown as yet to our planet – from the Alpha Channel that was directly over Anatolian Turkey at the time. Am I losing you yet? Stay with me. I realize how it sounds.images

A Turkish woman named, Vedia Bülent Çorak known as, Mevlana, by those divulging energies from the Golden Galaxy Dimension, and said to be the reincarnation of Persian poet, Rumi, who died in the 12th century, was the focus of this dictation. Much the way Muhammad was chosen to scribe the content that would become the Quran, as directed by the Angel Gabriel, so was it channeled to Mrs. Çorak, who I can’t help but mention bears an uncanny resemblance to the lovable, Mrs. Doubtfire. The book is understood to be a compilation of all of the wisdom embedded in all of the existing sacred texts, including the Old and New Testament, The Quran, Buddhist Sutras, and The Vedas, among others. And when I mean wisdom, I mean, coded knowledge in this case, downloadable to the reader through technological means beyond the current ability our heads have to wrap around such things. This coding is indiscernible in the text – one that when read it might be hoped would produce a Eureka moment or two in a cognitive sense and frankly doesn’t all that often. But, from experience I do find that there are passages that pop out as if to say, “We see we’re losing you. Stay with us, we’re here”, and I find myself taken aback by a moment of pure thought as it appears transferred to my consciousness. Every once in a while, I find I actually even understand – however fleeting that moment might be. Words are completely inadequate to describe what unfolds, but it’s safe to say that it’s less about cognizance and all about consciousness, and that fact bucks description any day of the week.

Back when my friend first mentioned it to me, she felt me out by giving me a photocopy of one of the chapters in the book, called instead, fascicules, – a kind of litmus test routinely offered to newbies to see if one is attracted, or even repelled by the material – the latter indicating a fit not quite ready to be made. Now, I like a good read and I’m fairly voracious about finding one, but the first fascicule read-through wasn’t what I expected. I persevered nonetheless – the possibility of a life-helpful download baiting me as reward. I’d been advised to read every word thoroughly, so I read it out loud to be sure I didn’t cheat a bit and breeze through places when the going got rough, which in truth, it did. I was told that one must try to focus and not miss words, as at times the sentences might not always make sense, or the grammar isn’t what’s consider right, and even the spelling of the odd word is different. I didn’t know what to think, but I wasn’t turned off either. Fascinated, definitely.

Soon thereafter, I acquired the actual book and began to read a fascicule a night, which took some determination I’d have to say. I was pretty much alone in the endeavour, except for cheering sent from afar by Robin for my attempt. Unlike a good book that won’t let you put it down, the Knowledge Book felt like a slog many times and I would get so far; then put it down for a while only to return when I felt that I could handle it again. Eighteen months later, I’m still three quarters of the way through a first read, one meant to be read again and again in readiness for higher and higher frequencies custom-coded in an ever-expanding download. Unexciting as this sounds, I realized soon in that I’d have to work with it as if I was reading code, which under normal circumstances I wouldn’t be caught dead doing.

And things started happening. Deeper layers in m

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2018 12:43AM by corboy.

Posted by: Alex45 ()
Date: January 31, 2018 01:55PM

Everybody seeks knowledge for the same reason: to find happiness. Because knowledge is the light in the darkness. When there is light, how can there be darkness? Therefore, when one wants happiness, one should look within, for happiness is not found externally.
With this in mind, one can be more on guard against all the harmful pseudo forms of knowledge that bring one only deeper into darkness. It is not with the mind one can know but rather with the heart.

Posted by: happytown ()
Date: January 31, 2018 05:40PM

Alex45, assuming what you wrote is serious:

1. Everybody seeks knowledge to find happiness.
- Do they? Or do happy, and sad, people enjoy exploring the world and its knowledge?

2. When there is light, how can there be darkness?
-Any non-dual type will tell you that light and darkness co-create each other. By mentioning light, you've created the idea of darkness. Is this perhaps another spiritual trick? "I've got the light and you're in the dark"

3. Therefore...
-there is no connection between the sentences here, yet you use "therefore"

4. If one wants happiness, one should look within, for happiness is not found externally
- So what? "Keep quiet"? Why are you posting on forums then? Is it your job to "raise the vibration" or something?

5. With this in mind, one can be more on guard against all the harmful pseudo forms of knowledge that bring one only deeper into darkness
- With what in mind? And don't you mean the heart? I'm certainly feeling more on guard

6. It is not with the mind one can know but rather with the heart
- So stop critical thinking, and embrace an emotion-based intuition that is rootless without external sources of input and authority(guru, group etc). For example "I feel deeply in my heart that Alex45's comments are rooted in a delusional spiritual arrogance and immaturity. The words just have a smell to them that real truth doesn't have. You can argue with me, but not this sense I have in my heart. The heart doesn't lie". Only someone with authority in a spiritual hierarchy would be able to get away with this. Otherwise you can simply say "Happytown's just projecting. He's mistaken his heart for his mind".

Date: January 31, 2018 10:37PM

Inspirational slogans are all very well, but we are looking for something different here.

This thread was started by 'gradient'who was very worried for the well being of a friend who became involved with this "Knowledge Book" group.

So far, no one who has been in this group and left the group has come forward
to provide any information about Mevlana, 'The Knowledge Book' and the actual cost of discipleship (social, financial, etc.)

That is the information needed here.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2018 10:52PM by corboy.

Posted by: Lgold ()
Date: March 24, 2020 01:10AM

I have this book, and I did read it all before writing anything. I myself almost fell for it because it does project a frequency that makes you want to believe it! There are dangers in writing it, that is why they assess the importance of writing it within a year. I am not sure if you read the bible, but the bible specifically states stay away from the 6's. I am so thankful I didn't write the book prior to reading it all, because about midway through, this book tells you it is the law of 18, the law of the 6's. This book is what got many celebrities famous, they take the mark and they get famous. How this works is due to the fact that when one writes it, the "giants" of old take posession of one's body. The giants in the book of enoch mean the men of renowned, meaning of high importance, famous, one's which are "great". Once one writes the whole book, the person themself have no control over what took over their body. Their DNA will be completely changed turning them into half nephilim half human. That is why you see the 3 pyramids at Giza and in front of it is a sphinx, many scholars still cannot decipher the meaning of this yet I have come to a conclusion. The 3 pyramids are the 3 6's, and the half man half creature is the sphinx, so the 666 will turn one into half human half beast. This system is the mark of the beast and it is unforgivable to God. They have you write chapter by chapter so you don't know what you are doing and before you know it, it is too late. The book indicates it is your "saviour" your "salvation", yet the bible clearly indicates we only have one saviour, that is Christ. The book also informs you they are the ones who put up the Goergia Guidestones and it tells you this is the New Wolrd Order. This is serious and I recommend you do not write the book. Those who write the book are completely taken over by the dark forces. That is why you see some severe allegations about celebrities and what they do and it sounds disgusting but it is no longer them, it is something in them which causes them to do certain rituals which are horrid. In the Book of Enoch it states "And when men could no longer sustain them (the being in them) the giants turned against them and devoured mankind. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood." You will eventually have no control over your own self. If you did write one chapter, you will know I am right when I say I am certain you felt things happen to your body. The book even indicates that they will be doing gene transfers to your body and you will feel it. I have over 20,000 hours in ancient scripture studies and biblical studies, so I do not say this to you lightly, I hope you take what I said to heart. I hope you and your friends do take this advice.

Posted by: Lgold ()
Date: March 24, 2020 01:57AM

I want to just paste what I told someone else..so here it goes...

I have this book, and I did read it all before writing anything. I myself almost fell for it because it does project a frequency that makes you want to believe it! There are dangers in writing it, that is why they assess the importance of writing it within a year. I am not sure if you read the bible, but the bible specifically states stay away from the 6's. I am so thankful I didn't write the book prior to reading it all, because about midway through, this book tells you it is the law of 18, the law of the 6's. This book is what got many celebrities famous, they take the mark and they get famous. How this works is due to the fact that when one writes it, the "giants" of old take posession of one's body. The giants in the book of enoch mean the men of renowned, meaning of high importance, famous, one's which are "great". Once one writes the whole book, the person themself have no control over what took over their body. Their DNA will be completely changed turning them into half nephilim half human. That is why you see the 3 pyramids at Giza and in front of it is a sphinx, many scholars still cannot decipher the meaning of this yet I have come to a conclusion. The 3 pyramids are the 3 6's, and the half man half creature is the sphinx, so the 666 will turn one into half human half beast. This system is the mark of the beast and it is unforgivable to God. They have you write chapter by chapter so you don't know what you are doing and before you know it, it is too late. The book indicates it is your "saviour" your "salvation", yet the bible clearly indicates we only have one saviour, that is Christ. The book also informs you they are the ones who put up the Goergia Guidestones and it tells you this is the New Wolrd Order. This is serious and I recommend you do not write the book. Those who write the book are completely taken over by the dark forces. That is why you see some severe allegations about celebrities and what they do and it sounds disgusting but it is no longer them, it is something in them which causes them to do certain rituals which are horrid. In the Book of Enoch it states "And when men could no longer sustain them (the being in them) the giants turned against them and devoured mankind. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood." You will eventually have no control over your own self. If you did write one chapter, you will know I am right when I say I am certain you felt things happen to your body. The book even indicates that they will be doing gene transfers to your body and you will feel it. I have over 20,000 hours in ancient scripture studies and biblical studies, so I do not say this to you lightly, I hope you take what I said to heart. I hope you and your friends do take this advice.

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.