Tim Folzenlogen 1994 Violence by Hyun Jin Moon,Rev Moons Son
Posted by: Mooniesmess ()
Date: December 27, 2012 06:03AM

Now here is a letter written by Tim Folzenlogen in 1994 to Rev Moon regarding the violence he experienced from Hyun Jin Moon.
[howwelldoyouknowyourmoon.tumblr.com]
----
THESE ARE A FEW QUOTES from the main letter.
--
He then walked over, put his face close to my own and said “What was that piece of shit that you sent to my wife?” (This was the first I realized that Jun Sook was his wife.) I told him that it was something I wrote which was honest and sincere. He then punched me in the side of the head, knocking me off the chair and into the wall. He then proceeded to kick me in the ribs. I stood up and said “I’m outta here. I didn’t come here to be beat up.” He yelled at me to sit down. I told him I would sit down if he treated me with respect.
--
The gist of his lecture (as hard as it might be to believe) was that a life of faith is not supposed to make sense. He seems to think that the True Family can do no wrong and that our (we fallen people’s) responsibility is to unquestioningly follow. He wants us to be robots. He said that my writing makes people think, which causes them to have doubts, which makes them question True Family and so, obviously, I am Satan. He said that I had to promise him that I would stop writing. I told him that I would stop sending my writing to the True Family, but that the other people on my list were my friends. Brothers and sisters. How could he ask me not to have conversation? I told him that give and take was how I grew. I told him that I didn’t know how to stop thinking.
----
Finally, he sat directly across from me with our knees touching. He asked me if I do Pledge Service every Sunday at 5 AM. I, honestly, said no. He then smacked me, extremely hard, in the left ear. I could immediately tell that he had done serious damage to the inside of my ear. I told him so. He told me that I still had another ear. I told him that I had to go see a doctor now. He asked me which was more important: a doctor or the Kingdom of Heaven? I told him that, at this time, a doctor was. I left the room.
--
I went directly to the Ossining Police Department and asked them if there is any time limit on filing an assault charge. They said no.
--
I then went to a local clinic and waited an hour only to be told that they couldn’t help me because the doctor was booked that day.
--
I then went back to New York and saw my own doctor. He said that I was very lucky, that I had a lot of trauma inside the ear but that he didn’t see any perforation. He gave me a couple of shots and two prescriptions. As I write this, I still have ringing in my left ear and cannot hear so well out of it.
--
Not that it should make a difference, but I was putting in eighteen hour days on MFT when Hyun Jin Nim was five years old. I try very, very hard to be True as I understand True to be. My relationship with God is the most important thing in my life.
--
Not once did Hyun Jin Nim ask me a question in which I was free to answer with any kind of elaboration. He never gave me a chance to tell him who I am or why I don’t do Pledge every Sunday at 5 AM. On neither occasion was I able to leave my presentation behind. In his eyes, seemingly, members only exist to be told what to do, or to be judged.
--
I am absolutely furious (righteous indignation; not resentment) about this situation and so many others like it that seem to go unquestioned by anyone. This kind of abuse of power and position is shameful and has no place in the Kingdom building process. We can’t build the Kingdom with force. Fear does not create unity.
--
I want this situation to be addressed in a way that will assure that it will not be repeated again.
--
I want an apology from Hyun Jin Nim and I want him to stay away from me and my family. No “hunting me down” thank you, as I will most certainly continue to think and express. If anyone thinks that my writing is wrong they need only point out to me where I err. I will be more than happy to meet with anyone to discuss anything.
--
I want him to keep his hands off my personal business dealings as they have got nothing to do with him. If Dumonde Fine Art (a branch of his business) wants to stop acting as the shipping agent for my paintings (from which they make money) I am more than happy to take over that aspect myself.
--
I want my status as a member in good standing of the Unification Church publicly understood.
--
I want to be financially reimbursed for my doctor bills, phone calls to my lawyer and my time which was wasted in going to Ossining.
--
I sincerely hope that all this can be satisfactorily resolved outside of the courts in an expeditious fashion.
--
I await a reply.
--
Sincerely,
--
Tim Folzenlogen
--
Tim was never answered. He sent this letter out to several leaders and influential members of the Unification Church. None could counsel him or answer him or simply respond.
--
This violent behavior is not unique of Hyun Jin nim at all. This is not an isolated case.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.