Noupoort Christian Care Centre
Posted by: Daleen Reyneke ()
Date: June 03, 2011 04:36AM

I believe most people have heard about the contraversial rehab / longterm recovery program center in the middle of nowhere? It has featured on programs such as Carte Blanche and has been in our newspapers many times due to stories of abuse and corruption. I spent a year and seven months there and have a lot to say about this place! I would like to invite others to also speak up - let us break the silence about this place intended for good but that got twisted by evil.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Noupoort Christian Care Centre
Posted by: amybgarvey ()
Date: November 02, 2012 12:14AM

Hello, Daleen!

My boyfriend, (deleted for privacy--moderator), was ordered to this facility yesterday, as a result of a magistrate court suit brought against him by his father. He is bipolar, and though he does sometimes abuse alcohol, it is more in an effort to self-medicate than due to an addiction. I want to appeal, and I have researched the various channels for doing so. My concern is that he does need to be in a long-term treatment facility until his bipolar is under control, but I have no doubt that noupoort is absolutely the worst place in the world for him. I sincerely believe he'd be better off in prison than in this place.

Can you offer any advice or at least some evidence that I can share with the legal aid team I'm working to form? I'm in the United States, so my hands are tied to a degree, but he has put in writing that I am to act on his behalf, so at least that's something.

I am desperate to get him out of this so-called facility, but equally as worried that if no other provisions are made, he'll be out on the streets, left to his own devices with no support or medical care.

Maybe I'm looking for the opportunity to vent and commiserate as much as for advice, but anything you have to offer on the topic would be a tremendous help to me and PH.

Thank you for your post, and I look forward to your response!

Sincerely,

(Moderator note: Message Board rules advise not giving personal emails as contact information.

To protect yours and boyfriend's privacy, names have been deleted.

Confidential messages can be exchangedusing the Private Messaging (PM) function on this message board.

For a situation such as kind, consulation with an attorney is recommended)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2012 03:37AM by corboy.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.