EsotericFreedom Blog about Sharon Gans Cult Removed from the Internet
Posted by: lutetium ()
Date: July 19, 2012 03:04AM

I was quite amazed to note that an entire thread on the Cult Education Forum was removed. The thread in question was titled:

"Re: Gans/Klein Cult have Critical Blog removed from Internet" The thread was started by sar on 6/15/2012.

I have no idea about the contents of the posts that were were deleted by the Rick Ross moderator but I am aware of the events surrounding the removal of the esotericfreedom blog from the internet. The only post that remains states:

"The reason that the blog you mention was taken down was apparently because it personally attacked a member of the Gans group.
It appears that the reason for the attack was rooted in a business dispute not relevant to this thread.
This message board is not a place to attack people personally that you are unhappy with in business.
cochineal has been banned from this message board.
And this thread is now closed."

I find it very interesting to note in the above message the comment that the blog "was APPARENTLY taken down because it personally attacked a member of the Gans group. IT APPEARS THAT THE REASON FOR THE ATTACK WAS ROOTED IN A BUSINESS DISPUTE NOT RELEVANT TO THIS THREAD."

Clearly, this evidences that the Rick Ross forum was asked (or received a subpoena) to remove the comments in question. The words APPARENTLY and APPEARS make me think that this forum did not do any research to check the validity of the comments and removed them because of pressure from a cult. To me, this seems really odd if this is a forum for people to speak out openly about cults, that you would succumb to pressure from a cult to remove information. Wow. Not the open forum that I had thought it was.

So, that means that you don't really know if the comments really did attack a member of the Gans Cult but that you assume that they did. Also, you are assuming that that "the reson for the attack was rooted in a business dispute not relevant to this thread". This is an assumption that the Rick Ross site made based (I assume) by pressure from the Gans cult about the comments in order to have them removed.

I do know a little bit about the situation. You have to start with the fact that Google took the esotericfreedom blog down in the first place. I am not really all that surprised that a large corporation like Google would do such a thing. This is America after all, and big business always seems to triumph over the little guys trying to speak the truth. Same as Monsanto or Dow Chemical or any other large corporation that is interested in only making money so their shareholders can make money and damn the environment and the rest of us who are being poisoned...

I am, however, surprised that the Rick Ross site would bow down to the same type of pressure especially since (in my mind) they stand for (or used to stand for) some sort of freedom of speech that allows people who have been victimized by cults to be able to speak out about their experiences. Obviously, this is now in question.

I do happen to know for a fact that the reason the esotericfreedom blog was removed was NOT because there was a business dispute related to the cult. The reason the blog was removed was because it mentioned a member of the group (I use no names here) who is very wealthy and powerful and he didn't like being associated publicly in any way with a cult. Unfortunately, he felt that having his association with the cult spoken about on the internet would undermine his business dealings and his ability to make money (the money used in part to keep the leader of the cult in the luxurious life-style that she is accustomed to).

This has nothing to do with a business dispute. There is no business dispute that is in any way connected between the people who made the web site and the cult. Why would someone who left a cult have any business dealings with that cult???

All it has to do with is exposing members of a cult for who they are. I know that this is a controversial subject. I am not taking sides on this one way or another here. I am just trying to set the record straight. If I can't set the record straight here, where can I do that?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: EsotericFreedom Blog about Sharon Gans Cult Removed from the Internet
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 22, 2012 07:35AM

lutetium:

The thread violated the rules of this message board.

See [forum.culteducation.com]

"Vitriolic posts that personally attack people, will not be tolerated and are grounds for banning the author from this message board."

"Don't post any contact information without specific permission in advance from a moderator. Contact information posted without permission will be deleted."

The posts in question violated these rules and were therefore deleted.

Each member of this message board has agreed to abide by the rules.

Certain members of the Gans group may contribute financially to Gans and support her activities.

But this does not license a member of this board to violate the rules and engage in personal attacks directed against an individual member of the Gans group.

This Web site contains considerable information about the Gans group. And discussion on this message board within the parameters of the agreed upon rules, also remains intact.

See [www.culteducation.com]

None of the information has been removed and it remains intact as long as the posts are within the rules.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.