Scientology destroys lives - great-grandson of founder L R Hubbord
Posted by: SeekingTruth ()
Date: July 27, 2012 11:03PM

Great-grandson of 'conman' L Ron Hubbard claims Scientology was destined to destroy Tom and Katie's family just like his own]

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
PUBLISHED: 22:02, 26 July 2012 | UPDATED: 00:09, 27 July 2012

Jamie DeWolf, the great-grandson of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard, has come out with new explosive claims against the church, claiming it is nothing more than a 'well-funded psychotic beast' that 'destroyed' his family, and Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' marriage was just the controversial religion's latest casualty.

The Bay Area resident is the grandson of Ron DeWolf, L. Ron Hubbard's eldest son who changed his name after he rejected both his father and his teachings.

The Church of Scientology lashed back at DeWolf, calling him a 'self-promoter' and insisting that despite his blood line, he knows nothing about the controversial religion.

====

Sidebar:

Family: Jamie DeWolf, left, the great-grandson of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard, right, has come out with new explosive claims against the church

Trend: He says that the church's influence undoubtedly lead to the break up of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' family as well

====

'Scientology is basically a pyramid scheme that sells secrets and they sell them under the guise of self-help,' Mr DeWolf said to CBS.

'Tom Cruise is another victim of the mirage that my great-grandfather created around himself.'

He says that the church is so demanding, so unforgiving, that he is putting himself in danger just by agreeing to speak on camera.

'Scientology is toxic; it's a poison and it's destroyed everyone that it's come into contact with it.'

Although he's never met her or her ex-husband, he believes that Katie Holmes didn't understand the full force of Scientology's grip on its members.

'I think that Katie Holmes, like anybody else introduced to Scientology, was shown the first couple of levels and it looked tantalizing,' he said.

'The more she saw behind the curtain the more horrified that she probably was.'

Saying Katie Holmes was lucky to escape, he said that Tom Cruise, the church's 'golden mascot,' would never be so lucky.

'He's as deep as you can possibly get into Scientology,' Mr DeWolf said. 'He's probably going to die a Scientologist. I don't believe he could leave even if he wanted to.'

====

Sidebar:

Controversy: He claims that the church is nothing more than a 'well-funded psychotic beast' that 'destroyed' his family

Legendary: Mr DeWolf, a performer and filmmaker, said that he never met his great-grandfather, pictured, because when he was growing up, Mr Hubbard was in hiding at a top secret location

====

Drawing on his own painful family history, he believes the religion lead to the stars' shocking divorce announcement.
'It's impossible for me to believe that Scientology was not a factor in their break up,' he said. 'This is a religion, an occult, that views itself - and Tom Cruise views it - as something that must take over the world.'

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes did not return the MailOnline's request for comment by deadline.

Mr DeWolf, a performer and filmmaker, said that he never met his great-grandfather, but refers to him a 'portly red-headed charismatic lying con-man pseudoscience self-help author.'

Mr DeWolf blames Mr Hubbard for breaking up his family, claiming that the church and the man 'destroyed and devoured' his loved ones' lives.

His mother, Deborah Kennedy, never spoke about the religion she was born into.

====

Sidebar:

Critic: The Church of Scientology lashed back at DeWolf, calling him a 'self-promoter' and insisting that despite his blood line, he knows nothing about the controversial religion

Family: The Bay Area resident is the grandson of Ron DeWolf, L. Ron Hubbard's eldest son, pictured left holding Jamie's mother, who changed his name after he rejected his father and his teachings

====

In 2000, he did one a one-man show about the church and his family's secrets that caused quite the stir.

'Every family has a black sheep. On my mother’s side, our black sheep was a shepherd that enslaved his own flock,' Mr DeWolf said to a crowded audience at a performance.

He called his great-grandfather 'The king of the cons. A man who made himself a messiah, even though he never called himself a god.'

'Scientology is toxic; it's a poison and it's destroyed everyone that it's come into contact with it.'
Jamie DeWolf

After the video was uploaded on YouTube and accrued a few thousand views, Mr DeWolf says members of the church began to watch him.

'Within two to three days Scientologists were at my door with fake cover stories claiming that they were performers doing a show with me. They had people following me, they were on me immediately,' Mr DeWolf claims.

The vocal critic refused to be silenced, however, and has repeatedly spoken out against the church.

The Church of Scientology refuted Mr DeWolf's claims in a statement to CBS.

'Despite his public representations and self-promotion, Mr. DeWolf is not knowledgeable about the Church of Scientology or its founder,' said spokesperson Karin Pouw.

====

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Scientology destroys lives - great-grandson of founder L R Hubbord
Posted by: solea13 ()
Date: July 29, 2012 05:48AM

Thank you very much for posting this information. I would not have known about this fascinating development. I was able to share it with my social network. It's great to see this man speaking out against the "church" he's courageous.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.