Current Page: 3 of 14
Re: Uma Inder , Umaa
Posted by: jh ()
Date: October 19, 2016 04:59AM

corboy you say "distortion of gratitude". this was a really interesting thing which i think was used by uma and then by default the group, people weirdly ended up sounding like uma! the idea of "gratitude", taking "gratitude" and using its concept of power to subtly control people. everyone wants to be seen as grateful, thankful.

i felt that "stay in the gratitude" was used like a slogan as a way to direct anyone away from feeling that things were not resting ok within them. "gratitude" was used like holy, spiritual thing and if you were constantly thank ful of uma no matter what was going on, you were "statying in the gratitude". it felt like a trick being used now looking back on it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Phoenix086 ()
Date: October 19, 2016 05:26PM

Corboy,

You really post insightful articles and helped me put things in context. Which was what I came here for. I have real gratitude for this.

JH,
You are so right, we were supposed to be 'grateful' whatever snipes, disgraceful spats Uma was dishing out. Absolute insanity. It is not a state of a sound mind person who is able verbally and psychologically abuse and attempt to control you, and end it with 'this is a blessing, you should be grateful.' The only way to stop the abuse was submission and acceptance of her spat, all because she is 'magic', with special insights, her critique is her power and gift and it's all for 'love'. Wow. I am happy you are able to look back with more clarity. I hope you find more of your own center, your own freedom. No more submissions and dominance of Uma's corrupt, askewed, pathologic narcissistic 'truth' and 'real'- ness.

I hope more people will come forward. I don't think her redundancy at that yoga studio is enough. She is still out there, active. At her house, and elsewhere, those still blindly followed will provide vessels for her venomous teachings.

How it works
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 25, 2016 09:52PM

Here is another ingredient along with the drip drip drip of fear:

Nostalgia.

When someone we love turns abusive, we keep reminding ourselves of the early times, the good times. We think we need to have a balanced attitude. Part of it is fairness; Anglo American culture values fairness.

And, it is too terrifying to consider that something is going terribly wrong, and that X is not who
she presented herself as being when first we fell in love.

So we keep remembering the "good times" freeze and make ourselves ignore the tantrums or vicious verbal
jabs, hoping the latter are an aberration.

Result is, we, the abused, regard each incident of abuse as an isolated event. We usually assume X is having a bad day, or that what X says is true, it is our fault. We do not let ourselves step back and look at *all* of these abusive incidents nor allow ourselves to recognize a pattern. Nor do we take a look at what a
difference there is in how we felt early on and now, when we are feeling and creeping like scared mice.

When we dare recognize a pattern to the abuse, all too often we have put all our trust in the very person who is abusing us, we are used to looking to that person for advice in sorting things out. Because we've
been successfully romanced into devaluing our own judgement, devaluing or neglecting the friends we once relied on. In the worst situations all or most of our friendships are tied to the coterie surrounding the guru.

Date: November 03, 2016 05:50AM

On her website, www.umaa.info she has written the following... context --> about --> 'pinch of salt' , I think there are so many strange things here…

Talk of not “corrupting another’s” (truth). This was always happening! From what I saw, as Uma was seen as “truth”, she would over ride people into believing she was the truth and all knowing. belief you could only get a clear truth from Uma. Like you say Corboy, “what X says is true.”

That she was saying, as were others in the group, that she was the “source of their awakening.” I saw people get humiliated if attention veered away from Uma as “source”, I questioned it myself too.

She talks about an opinion of her being an “unacceptable experimental way” and I think that is an important point, I do not feel she is qualified to work with people in such ways. I do wonder and suspect the true motivations behind her experiments on humans. It comes down to the power dynamics in play, and in this set up, I do think there was abuse of power and I do think she used sacred indian terminology to give her more authority.

Indeed, Corboy, I think it is tough personal work to identify the pattern of what is going on, and then really choose to change it, to let go of what you were led to believe in.

Date: November 28, 2016 06:04AM

The Urban Howl

"Time around Uma tends to upset, destabilise..."

Date: November 28, 2016 10:26AM

Rather heavy and repetitive.

Inspirational beginning.

Lots of verbiage. Final set of stanzas give an ominous message.

If used as a chant, this would probably get mind numbing after awhile, perhaps
make some people very anxious.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2016 10:32AM by corboy.

Date: March 06, 2017 10:19PM

This has been published on another site, Families Against Cult Teachings.

ATTENTION STUDENTS OF UMA INDER (UMAA)

[www.familiesagainstcultteachings.org]

Posted by: nowthewiser ()
Date: April 23, 2017 01:15PM

Oh wow, I know this woman. I'm glad and not surprised to see that she's turned up here on this forum. It seemed like only a matter of time before people started to see that something was amiss with her.

I studied with her for a time. I'm not going to say when or how long, that's how paranoid I am about being "found out," by her or one of her followers. But I got close in enough to see some serious shit. I fortunately was able to stay mostly on the sidelines...I knew something wasn't right about what she was doing. All in the name of "love," of course.

Look, here's the thing. Her giant personality on some level loves this "persecution," it fulfills her Jesus-martyr personal mythology. It adds to the mystery. People "just don't understand her" because she is "Truth" in a world of "falsehood," she's the truth amongst lies, anyone who doesn't "see" her is just full of toxicity and lies and isn't willing to wake up to their reality. It's a perfect set-up that makes her untouchable to the ones who believe in her.

It's a bummer because I think she does have some good things to teach. Nothing particularly original——some combination of Tantra, shadow work, group processing, radical honesty, Ayurveda, & Yoga. And of course, some trauma-bonding and psycho-emotional abuse to intensify everything. ;)

I saw her routinely humiliating people, and attempt to break up relationships, I heard of some physical violence, too. She got people to give her money and free labor, and one woman even gave her a nice chunk of land. This was all "for them" so that they could get to spend more time with Uma (for "free")...she had them convinced of this, anyway.

Every act was to be seen as a blessing, "all for love," because, after all, she was God, Kali, Shiva, Nature itself, Absolute Love, Absolute Truth, Death, Jesus...seriously. Even when she spat on someone or kicked someone, those were to be seen as blessings.

I think she believes she's doing a really good thing, and I really do think she thinks she's God. And therein lies the rub, and how it ultimately ends up traumatizing people in the end.

I may add more later...for now, I'm just glad to see folks talking about her in this way.

Posted by: wt ()
Date: April 24, 2017 09:02AM

Rumours on Uma

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: wt ()
Date: April 24, 2017 09:04AM

Exposure is happening on 'Uma Inder' Facebook.

Current Page: 3 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.