Current Page: 10 of 14
Re: Uma Inder , Umaa
Posted by: nowthewiser ()
Date: June 05, 2018 12:08PM

It seems they have indeed canceled her, yet still express a lot of doubt about the truth of the accusations. I wonder how many people need to come to them with stories for them to feel confident about their veracity. It brings to mind Bill Coaby and the women who came forth against him. If it was “only 10” (or at this point, I think it may be at least 15 or 20) people who have come forth saying a man raped them...would we question? But because it is a woman, with others who say “she was nice to me,” people question if they might be lying?

I know from the inside that No Mind got complaints from at least half a dozen people. How many does it take?

Narcissists always seem nice to people who are on the outer rings of the onion...or to people who are enmeshed inside the trauma bond.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: neilo ()
Date: June 17, 2018 07:36PM

I think no mind and yoga barn are wise for stopping employing Uma. Listening to the sound recordings of Uma in Be's article is very crazy, just listening to them. The recordings are good evidence to me of what was going on. I'm happy I only had lunch 2 times and wasn't sucked in, it sounds like the target was vulnerable lost people and I am not that. My friend who was in the group and left said it took time for her to get her life back. She's not shocked it has been found to be a cult.
My other friend who is defending Uma and a follower says Be's article is fake news and out of context. Uma is in Europe with followers and not in Bali.
Where theres smoke there is fire is what I think. Also from the little I saw, it felt wrong.
Interested to find out what Yoga Alliance will do. Yoga world needs cleaning up!

Date: June 17, 2018 07:54PM

Uma is not on Yoga Alliance website as registered teacher anymore?

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: June 17, 2018 10:01PM

Narcissists have an instinct for detecting who has power and is worth cultivating.

They are always nice to people who have what they want - or can take away what the narcissist wants. .

A list of people the narcissists are nice to:

* Anyone with money, useful social connections, ties to the media, politics

* Anyone who is famous and who can give the narcissist credibility

* Narsos will go out of their way to woo and cultivate attorneys, lawyers, physicians, anyone who will make his or her organization look good. Recruits with these backgrounds will get flattery from the narso and the narso will not
usually abuse them as horribly as lower level members. As a result, these privileged members will, quite often refuse to believe any reports of abuse - after all the narso was so wonderful to them.

* Prospective recruits. The prospective recruit is a new conquest. Narcissists love making new conquests.

* Journalists who are potential sources of negative publicity. Narsos can charm the unwary journalist -- unless the journalist takes care to do plenty of fact checking.

* Police and other authority figures

* Persons who are on the point of leaving. Narcissists can sense when someone
is getting bored with them, getting disgusted. Narcissists need to control everything and hate it when someone leaves on his or her own initiative. Narcissists want to be the one who reject you and want you to feel as confused as possible when kicked out. So a narso will pick up on anyone who is about to leave, will court the person, make that person feel valued and special and grateful. Then, when the mark is filled with joy and gratitude and newly
devoted to the group, the narso cult leader will suddenly boot them out with no explanation, leaving the person shattered.

I call this strategic rejection.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Date: July 08, 2018 08:15PM

Another complaint and about Uma not being on Yoga Alliance now :

Maybe they can not give lots of information because of legal reasons.

Date: July 08, 2018 08:17PM

Date: July 29, 2018 04:15PM

Uma has a new website ?

www.goingwithnature.com

And she saying she is E-RYT 500 and YACEP still on there in biography and in modules...

But she is not on Yoga Alliance anymore ?

I think I met 2 of the people giving their story on Uma's new website.

Date: July 29, 2018 04:28PM

I just seem Uma has 2 more websites.

www.satyatraining.com

There is the E-RYT and YACEP there too and the Yoga Alliance symbols.

And

www.freethequest.com

is also a Uma website.

Posted by: wts ()
Date: August 01, 2018 08:39AM

this seems just to be not updated, yet. if YA did take away her certifications. however she is still technically a certified Ayurvedic practitioner and what she "teaches" was passed down from the times in the jungle with her former Guru, which doesn't require certifications at all. i predict she will not stop. she'll return and continue settling in Ubud, with primary work field worldwide.

Posted by: wts ()
Date: August 03, 2018 03:31AM

Looks like the forum might still be active too but without the front page intro from U

[svakul.com]?

Current Page: 10 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.