Current Page: 8 of 14
Re: Uma Inder , Umaa
Posted by: wts ()
Date: December 18, 2017 05:47AM

Thank you for further insights, analogy and context. It hits the spanner in the head that : yes, what about our confidentiality?
And more importantly what about Nina's own psychological history and trauma, from abandoned issue triggered by disowned of father and early losses, issue towards other women that probably stems from her own deep resentment towards her step-mother, causing her to operate and thrive from domination and control out of her own insecurities. I've witnessed how she tries to mind manipulate, create drama and talk down on women. I refer her as Nina now because Uma is the biggest false ID there is in this. The way she has chosen to behave, even now continue to do so, its clear Uma is far too fragile to deconstruct at this point, and the expressions outlet of her own original hurt are and have been harmful. Why has there been no investigation or questions about her "original hurt"? Because you can beat traumas out with societal exodus with a guru for 7yrs? I am certain there have been many other recipients of tantrums, demands, control and drama that "makes your head spins" both in and outside of the group. For the loyal defenders, there are many faces of Uma, just because you haven't seen them personally, doesn't mean they don't exists or these things didn't happen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nowthewiser ()
Date: January 07, 2018 12:58PM

I think you hit the nail on the head, wts, that “Uma is the biggest FalseID of all.”

Also of note is that she welcomed doubt, hate, skepticism, criticism, etc...as long as it didn’t get too close to poking at that FalseID of hers. Then it would be labeled as “unclean,” projection, the student’s own inner workings being projected on to her “clear mirror,” etc. Classic narcissistic deflection tactic, gaslighting and turning it all on the accuser.

There was no investigation into her “original hurt” because she had “gone all the way” and that was that. Start to question that in earnest and you’d be dissected for hours.

I’d really love to hear from anyone that’s been around her more recently. Part of me thinks it’s oossibke something has changed, maybe she’s toned it down or gotten wiser about how she presents herself. But from all I hear & read about NPD and especially traumatic narcissism, they tend to only ey worse not better with treatment.

I also still find it amazing that the cult members couldn’t fathom that it’s more than one person that saw her as a cult. Clearly from all the engagement on this thread...more have seen this truth about her. And more will continue to.

Date: January 07, 2018 01:09PM

Also, jh, wow to what you posted. Really highlights the whole process of induction perfectly.

And Corboy, spot on when you say “
If former disciples have revealed highly sensitive information about themselves to Uma, could this possibly contribute to lingering anxiety, even terror after they have severed all social contact with Uma?“

I know that they exposed some of this information on the FACT thread to try to “expose his character” (the one person they thought was behind the FACT exposé.) One thing I observed in the cult was that everyone has horrendously shitty parts to them that will come out if you put them under enough pressure. Uma said that this was the repressed parts, “beasts” even, that come to be tamed by the “master” (her). That it all comes out because of the magical “magnified field” of Uma herself. In actuality....this is the human mind under trauma.

I also began to see that the kundalini movements that people were experiencing were almost certainly often actually brain trauma.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: January 08, 2018 06:23AM

" Uma said that this was the repressed parts, “beasts” even, that come to be tamed by the “master” (her). That it all comes out because of the magical “magnified field” of Uma herself."

When small children (and not so small children) are unsupervised, look how often bullying ensues.

Philip Zimbardo's Stanford Prison Experiment demonstrates what happens when
people are randomly assigned to either dominant role or submissive roles and then
(key ingredient!) are socially isolated cut off from the norms that govern
conventional behavior, which includes limits to nasty behavior.

Zimbardo's subjects were informed in advance that they could leave at any time. All of them forgot they were free to leave.

A visit from an outsider (one of Zimbardo's graduate students) ended the Prison Experiment earlier than anticipated. The graduate student was horror striken
by the condition of the subjects and forced Zimbardo to understand that matters had gone too far.

In the actual study, Professor Zimbardo's former graduate student (and future wife) Christina Maslash confronted him and said that by taking on the role of prison superintendent, he had become indifferent to the suffering of his participants. He then realized that she was right and announced that he would end the experiment the next day

[www.prisonexp.org]

Sounds like Uma's minions can create social isolation. Add in a belief system that states that Uma is infallible and that she cannot be judged by conventional rules of ethics--- its a recipe for trouble.

Date: February 21, 2018 12:16PM

Infallibility blamed on "our own unclean projection to the mirror" is a safe shield. I was asked if I ever really looked into her eyes and see her. The answer is yes, I see fear, rage, self-importance, an escapist story-teller. It's insulting the way her students continue points fingers back, really unwilling to consider and process the other reality she had constructed and fostered.

Date: February 21, 2018 12:44PM

If you believe Uma should not be certified to teach by Yoga Alliance, please share your experience and reasoning to grievance@yogaalliance.org.

Date: February 21, 2018 12:48PM

Also, FACT is still accepting complaints about her: support@familiesagainstcultteachings.org

Date: March 08, 2018 04:02PM

I am afraid if I give specifics, this information will be out and will jeopardise the safety of the people she has exploited. Can you please message me, if you have gone through the process yourself how it works.

Question about "Aranya"
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 08, 2018 10:27PM

It is alleged that Uma has an herbal company called "Aranya" (see quotation below).

* Is Uma Inder trained to select, purchase and prescribe herbs?

* If she sells herbs, are the sources of her herbs from reputable sources?

If you are an Uma Inder disciple,

A Are you free to take charge of your own
medications, your own diet?

B Can you keep those decisions private?

Or -- if you are an Uma Inder disciple,

Does Uma Inder question you about your diet?

Does Uma Inder demand that you disclose confidential information about your health status and psychological history?

Has Uma Inder told you in writing that what you say to her she will keep confidential?

Has what you tell her in private kept confidential?

Does Uma Inder require you to follow her dietary advice

Does Uma Inder require you to abandon your own medical advisors

Does Uma Inder require you to abandon medications prescribed for you by health care advisors other than her, or those recommended by her?

Are you required or pressured to purchase Uma Inder products?

Are you free to continue using other products or must you purchase and use Uma Inder products to the exclusion of others?

Are you scolded or punished if your health does not meet Uma Inder's standards?

In addition, ex-students claim to have been exploited by Uma Inder, compelled to devote their time and money strictly for Umaa’s benefit, under the guise of it being “all for [them].” These ex-members state, for example, that they worked to organize yoga retreats, take care of her property, and run her herbal company called ‘Aranya’, all for no compensation of any kind in return except for “spending time with [Umaa Inder]” and under the threat of mental and emotional violence if they did not comply in order to stay connected to the group.

To read more about these allegations, please visit our website: [ow.ly]

If you have any relevant information to share, either positive or negative, please contact us at: [ow.ly]

[www.familiesagainstcultteachings.org]

Posted by: neilo ()
Date: March 22, 2018 11:07PM

I observed mostly from distance, only sat for meal 2 times with group. I knew people in the group who I will check are ok. I always thoughts there was hypnotism going on. The information here is shocking. Hope people are careful.

Current Page: 8 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.