investigations into the content of universal medicine
Posted by: gillweir ()
Date: June 10, 2012 07:18AM

On the previous thread for universal medicine I mentioned interest in exposing the lack of esotericism in these teachings of Serge Benhayon. The moderator suggested starting another thread and so I have. I recognise that many on this forum have no interest in esotericism and it itself is open to criticism; this is fine though those involved in this organisation think this is what they are learning. Multiple layers of critique of his teachings may reveal much to those involved, those questioning involvement and those untangling themselves from the indoctrination process. Disciplines such as sociology, psychology, Chinese medicine and more all need to work to counter the impact of the many erroneous vies generated from this organisation. Perhaps also a more comprehensive critical assessment could go ahead?

I think if we read the soulful doctors article on what is esoteric or not we can all say that is nice but it does not take into consideration the history of the development of esotericism. The esoteric schools started by Orpheus in Greece, Pythagoras in Crotona, Tantras of Tibet, the golden dawn tradition, the rosy cross etc all required qualified students to learn esoteric doctrine. We must ask when considering this line of thought what esoteric credentials do the students coming to Serge and he truly have.

If we add the following to the understanding of the word esoteric or esotericism we are incorporating historical factors rather than using just a literal interpretation of the dictionaries meaning:

• Esoteric relating to the inner realms, the seven planes of perception in western esoteric traditions. In trans Himalayan occultism the physical plane we know so well is described as an effect of these inner realms. Trans Himalayan occultism should be thoroughly investigated by those considering listening to anything that is claimed to be esoteric by this organisation.
• Veils within books that are written esoterically. This does not mean the use of esoteric concepts such as the root races or the astral plane but actually veiling information within certain stanzas and sections of content. Alice Baileys books contain many symbolic stanzas.
• Ear whispered truths (esoteric teachings) that come from a qualified teacher to a ready student. It is quite clear that not every can learn at the same level as we all know of students in high school surpassing the norm and those unable to pass the expected standard.

A remarkable thing Serge has done is observe physical plane phenomena such as surfing and label it as esoteric or not. You may want to read again dot point one now. Well of course it is not esoteric it is an effect of inner plane activity according to esoteric doctrine. Why focus on something so myopic I don’t know. However esoteric investigation into something such as this may involve consideration into the devic substance (grades of matter) and the individual’s subtle vehicles such as the astral body and mental body. Can we expect that those who listen to this uneducated man are going to categorise certain everyday physical activities into being esoteric or not?

His one dimensional platitudes contain very little that requires any sort of consideration. Instead of negating the usefulness of orthodox teachings a person with esoteric awareness incorporates them into their investigations. An event can be considered from multiple domains of thought both esoterically and exoterically. Is it not ignorance to ignore empirical evidence and not utilise it?

There are many more topics to explore along this line including prana (the five vayus), and the causal and etheric body. I hope this thread helps in some way and maybe more will follow.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: investigations into the content of universal medicine
Posted by: John lazuras ()
Date: June 18, 2012 04:26PM

Thanks Gillweir for your words on UM.

I contribute to the thread on UM but also hope you are able to post more on your knowledge of this poor organisation on this page so i can gain a better understanding of the group.

I have struggled to read a page on one of Serges books so my knowledge on Esoteric comes from what i can read and understand on these sites.

regards

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.