Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
evidence against damanhur
Posted by: investigator ()
Date: May 20, 2009 11:53PM

Hi all I like to investigate these new age organizations and groups. I have found some interesting information over the years. Anyway I found this deleted blog from a damanhur survivor. Apparently it was deleted but you can still find the website in google cache. I saved the information to my hard drive too since it was deleted from wordpress to preserve the information. What are your opionions on the Damanhur organization by the way?

You can find the google cache in this link Damanhur Witness google cache

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: evidence against damanhur
Date: May 21, 2009 03:44PM

Hi again is anyway able to read italian and translate the focus.it and cesap.net website for us?

I found this online:

and to finish...

In Italy there are two forums that that have been talking about Damanhur now for over a year. One run by the Centre for the Study of Psychological Abuse www.cesap.net and one by the popular science magazine ‘Focus’ www.focus.it (Community – ‘Noi e le sette’).
It is very difficult to leave Damanhur once you are in. The indoctrination and psychological conditioning is very strong and as you aptly say in the video, it is like living in another world. Citizens cannot relate to normal everyday life. They live in a Falco generated Sci-fi fantasy, believing that he is the reincarnation of the god Horus, that they are hosting aliens in their body, travelling in time during their sleep and rebuilding Atlantis on a parallel plane of existence.
Falco has had sexual relations with over 40% of the female members of the community. He takes women away traveling at weekends in million Euro motor homes on ‘magic journeys’ and calls it ‘ritual alchemy’. Citizens are not allowed to reveal what happens on the journeys and the sexual abuse has been going on ever since the community was established in the 70’s. He is now having sexual relations with the young daughters of his founder members. All of this information can be found in the testimonies of the ex-Damanhurians posted in the Italian forums.
Damanhur is no utopia it is a cult... in Italy everyone knows this.

Source
Quote Source

Posted by: free@last ()
Date: May 22, 2009 08:44PM

I'm glad someone is posting about Damanhur. Their facade and PR is very good I think. I have been there as a visitor and even with my knowledge about cults and mind control techniques I walked away thinking that it wasn't a destructive cult because of the way they elected representation and worked in and ran successful businesses. And the artwork they did in the caves is magnificent.

Even so, the vibe I felt was culty enough that I knew that I could never live in or be involved with Damanhur.

I'm glad that ex-members are speaking out. I speak Italian and will read more. Don't have time to translate right now but maybe I can look into translating some excerpts in the near future.

I don't agree that everyone in Italy knows that Damanhur is a cult. After I went there I visited many friends in Italy, even one from Turin (which is nearby) who didn't even know Damanhur existed. Of course, this was in 2003. Maybe there has been extensive press coverage of it in Italy since then.

Posted by: verita ()
Date: May 23, 2009 04:52AM

A lot has happened since 2003 and although your friend may not have known about Damanhur I can assure you that many Italians are aware of it. Ask people who live in Canavese and they will soon give you their impression.

It is important to understand that no one visiting Damanhur as a guest or journalist will ever see the true story. You have to go there and live it to know how it really works.

Damanhur's electoral system is a farse. Everyone follows the voting indications of Falco (the leader) or they get punished by the School of Meditation. He chooses the candidates and everyone votes unanimously for them. In 2006 there was an occasion when certain citizens voted contrary to his indications and they were all suspended from their initiate groups. One spiritual pathway was abolished because so many of its members voted for who they wanted and not who HE wanted.
Democracy does not exist in Damanhur Falco decides everything and owns everything including the Damanhurian bank and the shares in the property coops. All that Damanhurians own is enormous debts because they are paying and guaranteeing the home loans for the houses that he is the legal owner of, thinking they belong to everyone. The amount of financial scams going on would make your hair stand on end. He gets away with it because in Italy corruption is rife and the legal system is ineffficient and incredibly slow.

Many Damanhurian businesses are now failing for lack of customers (there is a general boycott locally of all things Damanhurian) and the high overheads they have at Damanhur Crea. It has become an economic black hole instead of the wonderful cultural center the artists had hoped it would be. Debt means control and lack of mobility and Falco likes his initiates working round the clock and strressed beyond endurance, that way they don't have the time or ability to think for themselves. He can then do all the thinking for them.

Damanhur is a cult make no mistake about it, cleverly disguised on the outside and highly manipulative on the inside.

Date: May 30, 2009 05:02AM

If you are looking for information in ENGLISH from former members of Damanhur visit this site:

www.damanhurinsideout.wordpress.com

There you will find translations of some of the key posts that have been posted by former Damanhurians to Italian sites over the last two years. The site is regularly updated.

Posts from:
The forum of Ce.S.A.P, the Italian Center for the Study of Psychological Abuse - www.cesap.net
The community forum of Focus magazine entitled 'Noi e le sette' - www.focus.it

Posted by: free@last ()
Date: May 31, 2009 09:14PM

Thanks Verita, for posting the link to this site. Very interesting! I'm on a deadline on a translation job and couldn't translate anything yet, glad to see it's already been done.

Damanhur Inside Out

from the site's opening article

Martin Luther King said “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter” and what happens to the lives of the people who get caught up in Damanhur matters. The world needs to make a truly informed decision about this Community. The fact that a great many people believe in it, is no guarantee of its truth.

You certainly cannot rely on the British or American media to give you an accurate picture. Film makers and journalists have all been taken in by its superficial glamour, efficient marketing and completely indoctrinated PR staff. Just look at what the Daily Mail has come up with! No English language journalists have ever managed to see through the façade and publish their findings. British author and journalist Tobias Jones came near to it in his book Utopian Dreams but merely poked fun at the system without seriously dissecting the darker side of its Italian heart.

One thing that makes me very angry is that they are manipulating people's love for art to gain support for an exploitative cult. It's interesting that when I was there the guides said nothing about the working conditions of the members who dug out the tunnels in the mountain, although they did say that it was all done by without machines i.e. with pick axes and buckets.

The truth about Damanhur needs to be spread far and wide. Italians and others in Damanhur need our help and support.

Date: June 10, 2009 10:38AM

Hi guys I found some of the posts verita was referring to and we can translate some of it using google translate. The translation is a little jumbled up and jibberished, but it is still readable.

Here is the link

Damanhur Focus.it forum links in google translation

Date: June 10, 2009 11:04PM

Hi Investigator

I just tried the automatic translation service on the focus site. It is more or less readable and better than nothing but the Focus site with the exception of three or four main threads does not carry the most important information.
The www.cesap.net site is the one to concentrate on.

The new www.damanhurinsideout.wordpress.com site carries good translations of the main cesap and focus posts and recent daily postings. I recommend that people read there first before they try to tackle the hundreds of posts on the Focus site, many of which are just smoke screens written by Damanhur's PR office....

The damanhur inside out site at wordpress is being updated almost daily.

Date: June 11, 2009 03:36AM

Hi verita thanks for your efforts on behalf of all of us from The United States! I actually looked at cases of Damanhur extending its tentacles into the USA and associating with other newage groups. Here is a quote example of the ringing cedars newage group hanging out with Damanhur in the USA. Do you know who Crotalo Seasmo is? Anyway I am glad this information is being posted on the net, because it well probably alert my fellow countrymen interested in these groups from being tricked into joining them.

Quote Source
RingingCedars quote
Greetings dear friends:

A very successful potluck gathering and presentation by Crotalo Sesamo and Shama from the Damanhur Community gave many attendees some powerful ideas and insights on Damanhur's spiritual, artistic and community development. It has been internationally recognized as a model of sustainable development. Damanhur is well known for having build the currently known largest underground temples -- The Temples of Humankind.

Many of the Anastasia book readers and eco-settlers for Shambhala-Shasta were both inspired and illumined better on just how truly special Anastasia has been and will be to the entire ecological and intentional community world. My personal viewpoint is that Damanhur represents the pinnacle and the highest spiritual and material achievement of the technocratic world using the current paradigms, knowledge and technology to date. It is incredibly GREAT but for the fact there are still no Spaces of Love.

We look forward to a long and beneficent relationship with Damanhur.

Much love to one and all,
Rolando

Date: June 11, 2009 04:10AM

Hi Everyone

I am sorry to say that it looks as though we have lost the damanhur inside out site. Wordpress have suspended it.

Perhaps they have recieved a mass mailing of complaints from a certain quarter.

When I can get in touch with the site makers I will let you know what has happened.

Meanwhile there is always the google automatic translation service.

Not even Damanhur can have that removed!

p.s. Hi Investigator ...your post appeared as I was writing...Crotalo Sesamo is a Damanhurian ambassador. He specializes in Damanhurian seminars on Atlantis and setting up damanhurian centers in the US, Croatia and Austria.
A Crotalo is a rattlesnake in English....need I say more? (all Damanhurians take animal names once they are full members of the community)

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.