Lifesteam seminars
Posted by: dwyern ()
Date: April 11, 2012 11:18AM

I have read on this board that Lifestfream does not exist anymore, but it thrives in Jacksonville Florida, Rochester, NY, San Jose CA, and Columbus, OH as well as Toronto . It follows the exact same script as what I have read from Lifespring (aggreemnts, Red and Black game, obessively neat chair rows, sessons til 1 AM, centering, ....).

I have been invloved for a couple of years and have always had a "gut"sense that the local group leaders and recruiters were making money perosnally on the training seminars. I have always been told that only the paid trainer gets paid to lead the weekend, and everyone else is volunteer as they are a not-for-profit. Howver, my "gut" and a few pieces of information make me believe that even though it's a 501 (c) 3, some of the local people who seem to put in 20 hours or wore a week recruiting are making money but claiming to be volunteers.
"
Today I discovered that the woman who is the beloved "grandmother" to our local Lifestream group where I live is listed on their website as "owning the rights" to the seminar. A futher google search associates this woman's name with owning several corporations like "GRowthworks. Inc. " and "Life Results Inc" which have ties in other cities. So she basically OWNS the rights to produce the seminar in our city. She is NOT the facliitator, but rather a lovelable grandmotherly volunteer who works out of the good of heart. She always claims that NO one but the facilitator gets paid.

I can't connect the dots financially here. How do I find out HOW the profits get shared by most LGATs? My gut knows that this woman who works like 20-30 hours a week with such tireless zeal recruiting people is making a commission for each recruit or has some other money connection. She is not likely doing it just to "help people lead centered lives" as she claims, especially since she "owns" the rights to LIfestream in our area and other simiar "rights" in other cities, and thus. I assume she is paid a royalty everytime the seminar is presented.

I gave them 3 years of free labor and never complained. I just want to know if I am on target with my guess that she (and others) make a profit, or am I being unfair to them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. So far, I can't find much about how LGATs make money, who gets paid, and where the money goes.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.