onewholelove/Keith Sherwood
Posted by: scotslad ()
Date: April 25, 2012 01:26PM

hi, i wonder if anyone out there can help me to clarify whether onewholelove could be classified as a new age cult or not. Any background information on Keith Sherwood would also be of use, especially his early years as a Psychic teacher.

The present situation:

my wife and her sister have been attending mr. sherwood's seminars for the last ten years the aim of which is to reach enlightenment by easy techniques. They were introduced to him by a channeling medium (who later was exposed as a charlatan) and slipped into his curriculum without
any close scrutiny of what he was offering or who he claimed to be.
According to articles, comments, interviews and literature blurb on the internet he has claimed in the past to have been 'enlightened' since birth and to have the ability to see 'energy fields' , as well as to easily navigate through a total of 146 dimensions in order to collect missing 'energy bodies' and bring them back to their rightful owners as a form of 'Karmic Therapy'. Sounds crazy - but apparently some people are willing to believe this.

My reason for asking for more information: my teenage daughter has problems at the moment which require psychotherapy, and it has been
suggested that i and my wife combine this with a family or partner therapy. My wife adamantly refuses consider doing this and has demanded a separation instead.

Since mr ks demands the renouncment of all religious beliefs and rituals from his students before taking part in his workgroups i am assuming the he also extends this to psychotherapy which leaves my wife in a double bind situation with her preferring to stay on the road to enlightenment.

regards scotslad

PS. My wife has also been trying to help my daughter by using some of Mr KSs techniques - without success. She also estranged herself from half
of her family shortly after joining Mr Ks's circle (as did also her sister).
PPS. Mr KS has apparently been influenced by the teachings of Gurdjieff - at least one blurb mentions training in the Dom. Rep.
PPPS there is a 65 minute video of Mr. KS in action at an introductory seminar in Graz, Austria on YouTube (Just search Keith Sherwood YouTube).
Mr. KS seems at present mostly to be active in europe, although he has claimeds also be active internationally including in America.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: onewholelove/Keith Sherwood
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 25, 2012 09:52PM

Ten Warning Signs of a Potentially Unsafe Group or Leader

[www.culteducation.com]

The implied penalty -- as in "You are free to choose not to follow the Teachings...but."

Someone who discussed another group with a different leader wrote this in rebuttal to a devotee.

There are many traditions that have the same goal of expanded human awareness, connection with the all-powerful, personal growth, connection with others, lifting the human vibration.

However they do not as a pre-requisite advocate denying all other beliefs or traditions. There is something clearly wrong with that.

It doesn’t matter if Leader X is right or not, because the central issue for any person who is on a journey to real truth is that his truth must take pre-eminence and Leader X is the sole source and arbitrator of whether something is right or wrong.

He does this with his 'philosophy' and he his healing- he offers a false choice. You are free, he says, to believe him or not, but the implied penalty is ignorance, continued painful lifes, disease, world calamities due to the resistance from his energetic truth.

Gurdjieff liked to hint that we didnt have souls and were just meat machines unless 'awakened' by his methods.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.