Abusive Churches
Posted by: Ashley ()
Date: October 28, 2003 11:12PM

Pastor Henry Wright...A More Selfish Way!

I like others who have been used by so called "Men of God" to foster their own personal gain am leary of getting involved in "church" again. I have a heart to serve but I do not want to participate in enabling an abusive leader. Too many well meaning children of God are easily manipulated by these sick leaders and form dependencies on them. It takes alot of courage to leave due to the shunning and lack of support.
I pray for Pleasant Valley Church of Thomaston Ga and pray for the leadership to be humbled and get right with God. Henry Wright is not God!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Abusive Churches
Posted by: notperfectyet ()
Date: February 05, 2012 02:57PM

well, it depends on how you go in there to any church.....if you go in lookin' for any and everything aside from God you will be disappointed.......I had a friend who was so sidetracked when she went in that she couldn't get past the sound desk which she was attracted to a guy there and after she dated him a couple of times she was disappointed that he didn't give her any attention and every time I saw her I would hope that she would snap out of that fog she was in and go straight in and worship and praise God and stay focused on Jesus, but she let her flesh get the best of her and it almost totally ruined her and I had to break ties with her....I broke away from House of Prayer.......it was ok at first, but after a while that spirit operating in that church was creepy and I do not regret getting out of there and to this day my older son is not happy at how I kept jumping from one ministry to the next. It was not by choice, if anything seemed or appeared to be a little bit off I wouldn't stay there at that particular ministry too very long...... I don't believe there's a perfect church, a perfect pastor........the gift of discernment is critical to have when checking any church out........

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.