Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Set Free Orange County/Phil Aguilar
Posted by: sfsdkat ()
Date: August 02, 2007 12:18AM

I just want to go on record as saying that Set Free San Diego is NOT run by Phil Aguilar. Phil Aguilar controls Set Free Orange County.

Set Free in San Diego has an elected board of directors made up of not just people in Set Free SD but people from other churches in San Diego and business leaders from the area. Set Free San Diego also keeps meticulouos records concerning people who have participated in their 1 year transitional living and family restoration programs. Their finances are also completely documented, reviewed regularly by the board of directors and a matter of public record.

Please do not confuse Set Free SD with Set Free OC. Set Free San Diego is NOT a cult or dangerous church by any criteria that Rick Ross lists. Unfortunately, Set Free San Diego shares the name because many years ago Phil sent one of his pastors to San Diego to open a Set Free but that pastor, Jon Cabrera, does not run things the way that Phil runs things. Jon has chosen to make Set Free San Diego a legitimate, upstanding church.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 02, 2007 02:28AM

sfsdkat:

So you are saying that Phil Aguilar has no input in this "Set Free" despite its name in any way, shape or form?

How ae the elections conducted for board members?

Is this by secret ballot?

Who votes?

Do they served fixed terms and then run for reelection?

Is there an annually published and independentgly audited budget that discloses in detail all expenses, salaries and compensation?

Where is this information made available and how can your answers to these questions be verified?

Posted by: XLionheartX ()
Date: August 03, 2007 04:13AM

Here's a video of Phil at your church doing what he does.

[www.youtube.com]

You can say what you want, but of the "Set Free" churches that have disassociated themselves from Phil, he won't go near them, and I heard he has made threats of violence against any of their members that "come into town".
So by seeing him sharing your pulpit, I say baloney to you.
You don't have the guts to stand for what is right, so keep feeding the monster Phil your money, and your wives & children.

X

Date: August 04, 2007 03:20AM

Lion Heart
That video is from an outreach at Ocean Beach on Memorial Day where over 30 different churches were represented. The purpose of that annual Memorial Day Outreach is to reach lost people for Christ. Phil Aguilar was invited by a junior pastor of Set Free San Diego to have his rap group come to provide entertainment. Phil took it upon himself to also make that day the so-called "tribal" gathering and invite other Set Free churches.
Are you trying to say that Pastors Jon Cabrera, Miles Johnson, and Harold Brown are gutless? Thay have disassociated Set Free San Diego from Set Free OC. Jon has maintained a cordial friendship with Phil but that does not impact the church because he has a board of directors to whom he must answer.

Date: August 04, 2007 03:24AM

Set Free San Diego does not "feed the monster it's money, wives, or children"
Set Free OC is like our "black sheep" relatives. We love them because they are "family" but we keep an eye on our "money and precious belongings" when they are around.

Date: August 04, 2007 07:54PM

sfsdkat:

You have answered none of the questions I previously asked you in my last post.

And you have offered no proof to back up your claims about "Set Free."

Posted by: Mark Scheiderer ()
Date: August 06, 2007 03:38AM

There's some interesting info on Aguilar in the first chapter - and in other places throughout the book - of this book:

[www.reveal.org]

Date: August 07, 2007 04:55AM

rrmoderator
sfsdkat:

So you are saying that Phil Aguilar has no input in this "Set Free" despite its name in any way, shape or form?

How ae the elections conducted for board members?

Is this by secret ballot?

Who votes?

Do they served fixed terms and then run for reelection?

Is there an annually published and independentgly audited budget that discloses in detail all expenses, salaries and compensation?

Where is this information made available and how can your answers to these questions be verified?

I answered this post previously but I guess it didn't get posted.

Set Free OC does not control Set Free San Diego in any way.

Elections by the Set Free San Diego board of directors are made at their monthly board meetings via the standard "Roberts Rules of Order" used by the majority of businesses in the United States. (Motions are made, seconded or tabled for later discussion, and voted on with either a show of hands or voice vote of ayes and nays.)

There are currently 9 members on the Set Free San Diego board of directors. 4 members are from Set Free San Diego and 5 members are from other churches and local businesses.

I'm not sure how the members terms of service are decided but will ask at the next board meeting scheduled for next week.

There is an annual independently compiled and audited financial statement which details income, expenses, and salaries. There are several CPAs who have reviewed and audit the finances periodically.

This information is available to anyone who contacts the Set Free San Diego Offices and asks to review the public records.

The reason I have all this knowledge is because my husband is one of those board members and I know that he would not serve on the board if Set Free San Diego were controlled by Phil Aguilar. My husband was a respected missionary in third world countries for years and would not allow his reputation to be tarnished by the actions of a ministry controlled by the likes of Phil Aguilar.

Date: August 08, 2007 01:04AM

sfsdkat:

You claim that "Set Free" San Diego has an independently audited financial report that details salaries and expenses and that it is available as a "public record."

Please send me a copy. This should be easy since your husband is a board member.

For mailing or fax instructions--

See [www.culteducation.com]

You admit that the election of board members is done not by secret ballot, but rather by either a voice or hand vote.

But you have not disclosed any details about the board, its duties or powers.

Can the pastor dismiss a board member?

Can the board dismiss the pastor?

What is the length of a board member's term of office?

Please ask your husband and send me a copy of the "Set Free" San Diego constitution and bylaws that govern the orgnaization and detail how it is run.

Until such documentation is received and verified no one reading this thread should accept your claims without proof.

Date: August 11, 2007 02:32AM

rrmoderator
sfsdkat:

You admit that the election of board members is done not by secret ballot, but rather by either a voice or hand vote.

But you have not disclosed any details about the board, its duties or powers.

Can the pastor dismiss a board member?

Can the board dismiss the pastor?

What is the length of a board member's term of office?

Please ask your husband and send me a copy of the "Set Free" San Diego constitution and bylaws that govern the orgnaization and detail how it is run.

Until such documentation is received and verified no one reading this thread should accept your claims without proof.

The board's voting methods are the same as any board's voting methods. I am friends with several CEOs and they have said that the majority of voting by a board is not done by secret vote.

I do not know what other information you want about the board unless you ask me specifically.

The pastor can not dismiss a board member without a majority vote by the board. Likewise, the board must have a majority vote to dismiss the pastor. However, they would dismiss the pastor (with a majority vote) if he were committing crimes or otherwise seriouosly jeopardizing the church.

The terms of service for board members vary but are not usually less than two years.

I am in the process of getting the financial records and By Laws for Set Free San Diego. However, I am currently 4 weeks away from a huge annual fundraiser that I coordinate yearly so things are very hectic & it is difficult to make time for anything else besides the fundraiser. Please be patient.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.