Indigo and Crystal Children
Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: May 23, 2006 11:21PM

kath
Acid Reindeer
I got an e-mail from a man with Asperger's who said that he had never met anyone who regreted having Asperger's. this information surprised me, actually. you can make of that what you will...

Those with aspergers often have co-existing depression or anxiety which they would rather be without.

IMHO psychiatry doesn't help with its idea that you can "have depression". feelings have causes. you have a problem that you haven't solved, you have a belief, you have something bothering you in your past. perhaps you have a biological predisposition towards a particular emotion... anyway, belief in the emotion itself as a problem creates a strange loop. so, again, I don't find it useful.

In your next post you say 'change the world, not them' referring to the social model of disability.

change the world in all sorts of ways, to the educational system to the expectations given us by our culture. including the social model of disability.

Can you recommend a good website/messageboard etc where I can try and get a handle on this concept?

up until about a year ago I had some involvment with the antipsychiatry movement, when life circumstances intervened, I didn't have time and never got involved again. (also, I had sort of burnt out on the work involved.) I know of the autistic rights/neurodiversity crowd (who do not intersect that much with the antipsychiatry, funnily, or hadn't back then) though I wouldn't really know what specific sites. do a search on search terms like Aspies, neurotypical, spectrum, and some will turn up.

anyway, you can look at a good general introduction to antipsychiatry at MindFreedom or Dr. Paul Breggin's site. Antipsychiatry.org had a site which has subsequently gone down. the Scientologists have an organization called the CCHR, which despite the involvment of Thomas Szasz, I consider Scientology no real alternative. you can also look at some of the links at the Wikipedia entry on antipsychiatyr.

I can see how it can work for physical health by providing wheelchair access etc and for learning disabilities in providing more time for exams, but can't get to grips with how it would work for mental 'disability'.

you set up schools geared towards children with a particular style of learning. fast, slow, linear, non-linear or whatever. don't expect everyone to learn the same way and at the same pace. pay attention to what sensory channel they primarily use (according to Neuro-Linguistic Programming theory) and tailor to that sensory channel. for instance, I learn well visually, not so well by listening to someone speak.

Posted by: barabara ()
Date: May 24, 2006 04:58AM

[b:bcb8731ffb]Indigo children:[/b:bcb8731ffb]

They supposedly have certain characteristics, but IMO, these are the natural characteristics of most children who have not yet been "socialized".

The present model of training for small children may be effective in keeping them under control in the classroom, but is it really a good model for raising happy and productive members of society?

Our present methods are inadequate at best. Staying the course (spanking and slapping as discipline, viewing rebellious children as "spoiled brats") and opposing change are silly and reactionary.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 24, 2006 08:32PM

Let's try to keep this thread on topic and not stray too far off the stated subject focus.

Also, let's be nice.

Posted by: shakti ()
Date: May 25, 2006 12:28AM

barabara
[b:0d2d05c413]Indigo children:[/b:0d2d05c413]

They supposedly have certain characteristics, but IMO, these are the natural characteristics of most children who have not yet been "socialized".
The prese.

Much of what you say I would agree with. Our school systems are not well equipped for special needs children, kids who learn at a different place, kids who learn better outdoors, kids who learn better while using their hands. I would also agree that corporal punishment is a bad thing.

HOWEVER, that social critique by no means encompasses what the Indigo cult leaders are suggesting: that what we are seeing is the birth of a "mutant master race" with a new generation of children with special powers who are superior to others and here to show us the way. If you do not understand the political implications of such a philosophy, I would urge you do to some reading about the history of the Third Reich. I would also urge you to some research into the personal history of the following three New Age gurus who are close to the Indigo movement: Neale Donald Walsch, Il Chi Lee (Dahn Hak), and James Twyman. Google "Neale Donald Walsch" and "Hitler" together and see what he thinks of him.

Date: May 25, 2006 12:45AM

Shakti:

That's the first I've heard of those connections; thank you for posting them.

In that case, I would say that the phenonema goes far beyond issues of child-rearing, and is undoubtedly far more nefarious than most of us realized.

I wonder why no one wrote about this before?

I did google Neale Donald Walsch and Hitler, and found many links, but nothing very credible, or offensive, for that matter. The fact that he is connected with Itchi Lee is disturbing.

Do you have any links about the "master race" aspect of the indigo children theory? most of what I read was written by the interpretations of christian fundamentalists about Walsch's ideas.

Date: May 25, 2006 01:21AM

An article on gifted children speaks about the dangers of the indigo child movement.

[www.geniusdenied.com]

Posted by: kath ()
Date: May 25, 2006 03:50AM

[i:6f9b8963b8] Hitler went to heaven. (35)

Because Hitler did nothing wrong." Hitler simply did what he did. (55)

. . . The mistakes Hitler made did no harm or damage to those whose deaths he caused. Those souls were released from their earthly bondage. . . . No one who has experienced death ever mourns the death of anyone. (42)

Hitler was created by you. He arose out of your Collective Consciousness. . . The consciousness of separation, segregation, superiority – of "we" versus "they," of "us" and "them" – is what creates the Hitler Experience. The consciousness of Divine Brotherhood, of unity, of Oneness, of "ours," not just "yours/mine," is what creates the Christ experience. (55)[/i:6f9b8963b8]

[www.crossroad.to]

So if souls like being released from their bondage, Kool-Aid it is all round:)

Could the person who linked Indigos and Naziism post up some good URLs? This was the only real reference I could find via google.
Love
Kath

Date: May 25, 2006 04:19AM

Any credible links, such as news sources, or anything other than christian fundamentalists?

What exactly is Kjos ministries, BTW? That's whare the link above took me.

Posted by: kath ()
Date: May 25, 2006 07:06AM

they are just quoting from Walsh's book. There are lots of sites with this quote on- mainly born-agains but it's still a quote from the book.

New age sites etc probably wouldn't mention this bit:)
Love
Kath

Date: May 25, 2006 07:35AM

I'm sorry, but I don't see anything on the site linked that even proves to me that these are quotes from his book. Whoever owns the site hasn't even put them in quotation marks.

I'm not trying to defend the man, I just want to see some source that actually shows him defending Hitler, not a few excerpts and interpretations taken out of context and attributed to him.

(He seems to me to be talking about a spiritual belief, not an ideological bias. I don't agree with him, by the way, if these are truly his thoughts.)

Perhaps a site that actually has a page from his book? Or even a paragraph?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.