Indigo and Crystal Children
Posted by: belle1 ()
Date: January 07, 2006 12:05PM

I was wondering if anyone has any information/thoughts of Indigo and/or Crystal children? The author and metaphysician Doreen Virtue has written extensively about this topic and it is my belief that I have one Indigo and three Crystal children myself.

I have experienced a lot of negative comments from people, telling me that I allow my children to walk all over me and don't teach them any respect, but I am only trying to do what I believe is best for them. I am trying to understand where they're coming from & relating to them as best I can. I believe they have special gifts and a lot of adults simply don't understand- many adults just want to categorise all children together, rather than making the effort to understand about things such as this.

I just wanted to see what other people thought. :?:

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 07, 2006 07:36PM

See [www.culteducation.com]

"Indigo kids" seems to be a subjective belief without any objective factual basis.

Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: January 09, 2006 11:42PM

I can't help but notice that the sudden influx of "indigo children" is proportionately equal to the proliferation of lax parenting and lack of discipline in today's society.

Most parents don't spank their kids anymore; they give them "time outs"...if they even punish them at all. Kids are no longer taught to speak to adults with respect; they can say and do whatever they want because "kids will be kids" and they are "expressing themselves".

IMO, "indigo children" is just a fancy term for "spoiled brats".

Posted by: omaha ()
Date: January 27, 2006 12:03PM

Vigorous spankings at age two to four lead to a nine year old who says please, thank you, and doesn't mouth off to teachers. I guess I'm still stuck in the fifties but this seems quite normal to me.

Posted by: kath ()
Date: January 29, 2006 09:34AM

'Indigo' is a euphemism for a child with ADHD, as Doreen Virtue clearly outlines in her book 'The Care and Feeding of Indigo Children.'

I don't agree with corporal punishment myself, but that's a different matter:)

Love
Kath

Posted by: barabara ()
Date: January 30, 2006 04:22AM

I read up a little on indigo children, having read these posts.

It seems to me that there might be a danger in leading a child to believe that he is "special", as in having a special mission here on earth.
As far as "Indigo" children" go, they could have ADHD, or just be reacting to the artificiality and constraints of a restrictive, sedentary education and society. They could be getting too much sugar.

I doubt if they need to be slapped.

Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: February 01, 2006 09:48AM

belle1
I was wondering if anyone has any information/thoughts of Indigo and/or Crystal children? The author and metaphysician Doreen Virtue has written extensively about this topic and it is my belief that I have one Indigo and three Crystal children myself.

I have experienced a lot of negative comments from people, telling me that I allow my children to walk all over me and don't teach them any respect, but I am only trying to do what I believe is best for them. I am trying to understand where they're coming from & relating to them as best I can. I believe they have special gifts and a lot of adults simply don't understand- many adults just want to categorise all children together, rather than making the effort to understand about things such as this.

I just wanted to see what other people thought. :?:

Indigo kids are said to be extraterrestrials that we can recognize with their blue “aura”. They will survive the apocalypse that is due to arrive in the year 2012. The founder of these beliefs, Lee Carrol, is said to be in contact with an angel named Kryeon and he says he is bringing his message to earth. Lee Carroll sold 25 millions of his book about the topic. The danger is that this will certainly make these children go completely crazy if they ever believe this fairy tale. IMO, parents who believe this crap are completely irresponsible.

In France, the group "preventsectes" is taking this very seriously. An article was published recently in Le Nouvel Observateur, one of the most respected magazine in France. See:

[www.prevensectes.com]

Sorry. It's only in French.

Posted by: Toni ()
Date: February 02, 2006 11:28AM

:roll:

Posted by: Lifestyle ()
Date: February 10, 2006 01:27PM

Read [www.selectsmart.com], check out the links and read the discussion board too.

Posted by: zaflon ()
Date: February 13, 2006 12:43AM

Indigo and crystal children? Please! This is just total new age twaddle and an excuse for children who should have an ASBO (anti social behaviour order) slapped on them.

These kids are in for one HUGE shock when it's time for them to function in the real world of adults.

Z .
. .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.