Current Page: 2 of 13
Indigo and Crystal Children
Posted by: bellinghamsailor ()
Date: March 16, 2006 12:52AM

I am disapointed but not surprised at the number of numbskulls who immediately start talking about spanking and corporal punishment to make children subject to THE WILL OF THE PARENT. The lack of beating does NOT lead to spoiled children, BUT beating a child DOES lead to any number of problems later in life including second-generation child abuse. Virtually all child abusers were abused as children. Other pathologies are related to child abuse - sado-masochism, suicide, and a wide varity of adult chronic psychotic states. Even a few spanking or slapping episodes as a child can lead to adult neurosis. Next time you feel "compelled" to slap your child, ask yourself, "do I want this child to carry this all their life"? When I hear people say "I was spanked as a child and I turned out OK", I think..really?

However it is also important to address the issue of "out of control" children who are usually neglected. They usually do not have a stay at home parent that is providing them the instruction it takes to learn to function within an adult world. It is important and HARD work raising children and a mother and father both working 40 hours a week can't do it. :(

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: March 16, 2006 01:39AM

bellinghamsailor
I am disapointed but not surprised at the number of numbskulls who immediately start talking about spanking and corporal punishment to make children subject to THE WILL OF THE PARENT. The lack of beating does NOT lead to spoiled children, BUT beating a child DOES lead to any number of problems later in life including second-generation child abuse. Virtually all child abusers were abused as children.

Nobody was talking about beating and child abuse, and no one in their right mind would argue that child abuse is a good thing. There is a BIG difference between a beating and simply administering 1 spank or slap to stop a young child from doing something. Let's face it: a child under age 5 can generally not be rationalized with or talked out of doing something they shouldn't do. Sometimes the only way to communicate to a small child that they are doing something wrong is to physically restrain the child, physically pull them away from a particular object or other person, or give them a quick slap.

"Indigo Children" and their ilk are spoiled children who have never even had an adult tell them the word "no".

There is a video going around on the internet of a young boy having a temper tantrum who is beating his sibling, his mother, and his father. I mean, seriously punching and kicking! And the parents just curl up into a ball while the kid is doing this! Obviously those parents are of the same mindset as you that any type of physical action on THEIR part towards the child is "abuse". Is that the type of child-rearing you would prefer? It certainly isn't working well in that family.

Date: March 16, 2006 01:45AM

This is the video I was talking about, showing the consequences of raising children with absolutely NO physical punishment:

[www.ebaumsworld.com]

Posted by: bellinghamsailor ()
Date: March 16, 2006 02:51AM

There is NOT a BIG difference between a beating and administering 1 spank or slap to stop a young child from doing something (they ARE the same). Children under age 5 CAN be taught without giving them a QUICK SLAP. That is unless you are an adult that has not received the parenting necessary to learn how to parent a child. An adult slapping a child comes from a compulsion to act violently in the face of frustration or anger. It is an emotionally retarded state that is almost always the result of having been "man-handled" as a child. The use of the word "QUICK" confirms compulsion, ie there is no consideration of the act, it happens mechanically.

Anyone who slaps a child should seek counseling. Anyone who sees a parent slap a child should confront the parent (I have several times). It is the responsibility of all adults to ensure that little people are not slapped around. Being a parent does not give you license to hit your child! Can you hit someone else's child? Can you hit an adult? Of course not! SO STAY WITH ME - CAN YOU HIT YOUR OWN CHILD? NO! Can you be reported to CPS for hitting your child? Yes.[/i]

Posted by: Towest3 ()
Date: March 16, 2006 03:39AM

>>>>Anyone who slaps a child should seek counseling. Anyone who sees a parent slap a child should confront the parent (I have several times). It is the responsibility of all adults to ensure that little people are not slapped around. Being a parent does not give you license to hit your child! Can you hit someone else's child? Can you hit an adult? Of course not! SO STAY WITH ME - CAN YOU HIT YOUR OWN CHILD? NO! Can you be reported to CPS for hitting your child? Yes.[/i]<<<<

I have 4 kids. You are missing iportant point here; Slaping or hiting child is not only to stop or prevent dangerous activity, important purpose of slaping is to make kid to REMEMBER worning and CONNECT dangerous activity or bad behaviour with phusical punishment. I see some parents using verbal (intelectual) method to "explain child something is wrong... From the side it is looking like real mind abusing much worst than quick slap in some situation.

Posted by: Lifestyle ()
Date: March 22, 2006 09:36AM

I looked at the video (linked above) and you can see that the father hit the kid first and that caused things to go downhill from there. The parents shouldn't have been in his face when he was obviously out of control with frustration and anger and unable to hear a word of their yammering anyway. They shouldn't have allowed him to use them as a punching bag either. He needed a time-out, and the parents needed parenting classes, fast.

ADULTS are labeling kids as "indigo" and making up lists of traits to identify "indigos" and other "new child" groups that would fit anyone, kid or adult, ala the PT Barnum effect. Kids labeled as ADHD are said to be just misunderstood, that they are really gifted children who are just frustrated with systems that don't work. People can oppose this IDEA without calling for corporeal punishment of children, especially not kids with ADHD. I oppose this movement, for one reason because it's making people like some people on this thread lash out at kids and call for them to be hit. I don't believe physical punishment teaches anything but violence to kids. Adults are the ones making this stuff up, not kids.

Date: May 09, 2006 03:56AM

Have a barf bag handy when you view this site:

[www.indigomoms.com]

Posted by: f0rTyLeGz ()
Date: May 21, 2006 03:03AM

Gulab Jamon: Indigo Children" and their ilk are spoiled children who have never even had an adult tell them the word "no".
Prove it!

You are talking about yourself, your belief about corporal punishment. You also expose us to YOUR notion that "children NEED punishment (you might say "discipline"), in order to be decent respectful citizens. That's all BS. You have no idea what you are talking about, and havent done a minute's research into the issue. I mean what is a "spoiled child?"

Posted by: barabara ()
Date: May 21, 2006 07:48AM

A previous post had this link:
[www.selectsmart.com]

As the New Age movement grows from marginal to mainstream, we need programs for New Age consumer protection. We must caution educators and parents about, and object to, programs with paranormal underpinnings, like the Indigo Child and Brain Respiration, which are fervently marketed to private and public schools. We need age-appropriate critical-thinking skills programs in education, starting in the early grades. [b:055d365934]We must educate ourselves and our children on the scientific method of inquiry, how to evaluate studies and spot pseudo-science and pseudo-scientists.[/b:055d365934] We must help our children to develop radar to detect and avoid deceptive New Age profiteers - no matter how noble their stated cause.

Good advice for anyone who doesn't want their child to be prey for the cultists.

Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: May 21, 2006 10:07PM

kath
'Indigo' is a euphemism for a child with ADHD, as Doreen Virtue clearly outlines in her book 'The Care and Feeding of Indigo Children.'

what makes ADHD and better descriptor than Indigo Child, then?

Current Page: 2 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.