research
Posted by: peanut ()
Date: January 06, 2006 11:27AM

i would just like as many answers as possible as to any proof that schizophrenia is an invasion of spirits and not disease of the brain

Options: ReplyQuote
research
Posted by: wickedjem ()
Date: January 08, 2006 01:52AM

have you been told that this is what causes schizophrenia, an invasion of spirits?

research
Posted by: nccg_concern ()
Date: January 12, 2006 06:48PM

To my knowledge, there is no proof or, even, good evidence, to support to the idea that schizophrenia is caused by spirits. It is a brain condition.

The "unsafe" group I am researching right now appears to believe in schizophrenia as being caused by spirits. They also believe in other medically-unsound stuff, some of which IS provable as being wrong, such as Multiple Personality Disorder being caused by Satanic Ritual Abuse (SRA) (SRA is a sham, it doesn't actually exist as they describe it, see: [www.culteducation.com] for clarification on SRA). This group also believes in beings called "NEFILIM", hybrid descendants of fallen angels from pre-Noah's time and human women who escaped the earth using their sophisticated technology and are living on Mars, and occasionally visit the earth as UFOs. In cases like this, it can help to consider the soundness of any other beliefs being used in the same context when evaluating the likelihood of a spirit-caused-schizophrenia assertation being true.

Additionally, you might consider the source of the statement directly; for example, I personally place more value in the medical conclusions of people who succesfully completed all those years of medical school and are still active in the field, as opposed with someone with a masters degree in a somewhat related field who did not in the long-term proceed in his field as a professional and is now primarily a compound-dwelling religious guru.

It will be easier to find "proof" or "evidence" for something that actually exists (schizophrenia as a brain condition) as opposed with something that most certainly does not exist (schizophrenia as a spirit infestation). At this time, doctors do not know exactly what causes it in all people, so one has to look at what they DO know so far and make a decision based on the facts that are available.

Here's a few direct links that could help:

[www.schizophrenia.com]
[www.mentalhealth.samhsa.gov]
[www.nami.org]
[www.chovil.com]

Hope this information has been useful.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.