Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The New Tantra
Posted by: revenant75 ()
Date: March 23, 2016 10:09PM

Are there any known accounts of experiences of this cult and its leader Alex Vartman ?

Mainly active in Europe,they promise enlightenment through tantric sex and are a for profit organization,or Neo tantra school as they call it.

www.thenewtantra.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The New Tantra
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 24, 2016 04:02AM

[www3.telus.net]

According to this source, Vartman was also known as Sanford Perret, originally from Australia.

Posted by: Misstyk ()
Date: March 24, 2016 11:09AM

A for-profit organization promoting sex? Is that a fancy term for prostitution? I wonder if they're limiting their locations to countries where prostitution is legal.

That's pretty much what Diamond Way Buddhism does (Ole Nydahl)--teach enlightenment through tantric sex, but he calls it Buddhism, and technically, I don't think Diamond Way is a for-profit organization, though Nydahl certainly has prospered materially from it. Hmm.... maybe the vice squad should investigate.

Date: March 24, 2016 10:08PM

One Taste, associated with the Morehouse group (Victor Baranco and Nicole Daedone),
offers something similar.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2016 10:20PM by corboy.

Date: March 31, 2016 08:01PM

Vartman a.k.a.Perrett claims to have studied with David Deida and others, but never was certified as a tantra teacher or master. There are ex-student reporting psychological harrassment, violation and even rape at TNT events. No formal indictments have been made yet.

Posted by: Misstyk ()
Date: April 02, 2016 07:21AM

Please keep us posted, OP.

I found their website. It looks like there's no spiritual component at all, it's about teaching tantric technique, or "advanced sex", as the leader calls it. If things are getting out of hand, it sounds like the leader doesn't have any teaching or rules or precautions to ensure that things don't get out of control. There are people who give tantric sex workshops in the US, but as far as I can tell, they're well-managed, respectful of personal boundaries, and so on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2016 07:30AM by Misstyk.

Posted by: Magica ()
Date: November 03, 2016 11:30PM

I can confirm that The New Tantra is a cult.
It is very clear after 3 years as a student and now when I have studied the cult dynamics.

Alex Vartman, or Sanford Perret that is his real name is a full blown psykopat.

Studens report about sexual abuse in his team. Deep violations and traumas. He is now changing his strategy from beeing this harsh asshole to a smiling fasade.

This man is extremely manipulative. And he is playing a advanced game with all his studens.

I heard that all the women in his team got burned out at one moment... That is a BIG warning sign in my oppinion.

Date: November 04, 2016 10:53PM

Friends, there is a discussion of an entirely different "tantrik" instructor
here:

[forum.culteducation.com]

This other discussion contains URLs to many useful articles by Matthew Remski, who publishes in Elephant Journal and on a fine new site called Decolonizing Yoga.

The thread also lists advice on what to look for if making a retreat, especially far from home.

Good luck.

A key insight we found in this other discussion is that some troubled teachers zero in on exactly those of us who have the greatest difficulty finding and using our voices when our boundaries are breached.

Date: November 05, 2016 07:20PM

He's not a credible teacher by any account then.

I did see some reports in the ex-TNT facebook group where ex members can report their abuse issues and also heard that Alex Vartman has now retired from teaching ( indefinitely) in order to 'develop new TNT courses'. Maybe that's a good thing...

Date: November 05, 2016 09:08PM

A well managed retirement augments mystique.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.