Survey for Former Members of Cults/New Religious Movements
Posted by: berean635 ()
Date: March 18, 2016 11:49PM

Hello everyone! I am currently a senior at Duke University studying global health and sociology. I was a member of a cultic group for many years. I was able to disaffiliate about two years ago. It was a difficult and confusing process, but I am doing better now. After speaking with several individuals with similar painful experiences and reading many testimonies, I have been inspired to do something to help. This year, I have the opportunity of working on a research project that is trying to better understand the different types of social experiences people have after leaving religious totalistic groups (i.e. cults and new religious movements) in order to find more practical ways to help support people during the readjustment process. I have created a survey to ask about these experiences, which has been approved by the Institutional Review Board at Duke University. This electronic survey consists of yes/no, multiple choice, and scaled questions, and it is open to anyone who is a former member of a cult or new religious movement. The survey will be completely anonymous and does not collect any identifying information. It takes about 15 minutes to complete. The link to the survey is: [duke.qualtrics.com]

If you are someone who disaffiliated from a cult or New Religious Movement, you are more than welcome to take the survey. I would be deeply grateful for your time and participation. I am excited to learn from the data I collect and use it to design research-based interventions in the future. Once again, this survey is open to anyone over the age of 18 who is a former member of a cult or new religious movement, and there are no other requirements. Please feel free to share the link! Thank you so much for your help.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.