Arianism
Posted by: fulajay ()
Date: January 16, 2007 05:29AM

i saw a post reply on this in another thread and thought i would ask a few questions.

i read up on Arianism on a few different sights just to get a slight background in it. and now i have some questions, hopefully somebody would be interested in giving their opinion.

why would Arianism be considered heretical in the christian faith? i see that some points are a bit on the fringe, but i would hardly view them as heretical. personally, i view the figure of christ seperate from embodiment of God so by proxy i would be considered in an Arian faith?

it just seems to me that alot of what we have in our nation, is a large group of people worshipping christ as god instead of God himself. just my opinion, im not preaching ;).

anyway, anyone else who knows more about the subject care to input?

peace,
fula

Options: ReplyQuote
Arianism
Posted by: admmre ()
Date: January 16, 2007 07:54AM

Hello fulajay,
I think you might be referring to my post in another thread.

I would like to know the same thing. From what I gather, their belief is that Christ was created, and not always. I think they have a good point, and I'm not even sure if it goes against the trinitarian belief.

Hope someone sheds a bit of light on this one.

Adam

Arianism
Posted by: kath ()
Date: January 16, 2007 12:21PM

admmre
From what I gather, their belief is that Christ was created, and not always. I think they have a good point, and I'm not even sure if it goes against the trinitarian belief.

Adam

Yes it does contradict trinitarian belief, because Arians believe Christ was created by God the Father. That is, God the Father is superior to the son.

To some christians this means that "a fundamental issue involving the integrity of the Gospel was at stake: whether God was really in Christ reconciling the world to himself."
[mb-soft.com]

But I wouldn't know about that.

Jehovah's Witnesses are in effect Arian, you can see here that they do not believe in the Trinity. [www.beliefnet.com]

"Belief in Deity
There is one God Almighty--a Spirit Being with a body but not a human body. There is one God and no Trinity.

• Incarnations
Christ is Lord and Savior, but not God (Jehovah) incarnate, not a God-man but inferior to God, not part of a Godhead. He was a created spirit being, God's only begotten son, sent to Earth as a perfect human."

Hope this helps :)

Arianism
Posted by: fulajay ()
Date: January 17, 2007 12:57AM

kath
admmre
From what I gather, their belief is that Christ was created, and not always. I think they have a good point, and I'm not even sure if it goes against the trinitarian belief.

Adam

Yes it does contradict trinitarian belief, because Arians believe Christ was created by God the Father. That is, God the Father is superior to the son.

To some christians this means that "a fundamental issue involving the integrity of the Gospel was at stake: whether God was really in Christ reconciling the world to himself."
[mb-soft.com]

But I wouldn't know about that.

Jehovah's Witnesses are in effect Arian, you can see here that they do not believe in the Trinity. [www.beliefnet.com]

"Belief in Deity
There is one God Almighty--a Spirit Being with a body but not a human body. There is one God and no Trinity.

• Incarnations
Christ is Lord and Savior, but not God (Jehovah) incarnate, not a God-man but inferior to God, not part of a Godhead. He was a created spirit being, God's only begotten son, sent to Earth as a perfect human."

Hope this helps :)

ok thank you for that. helps to lighten up a few areas.

i find it interesting that so many faiths are clumped into Arianism, even islam is considered an Arian faith and yet i find islam (non-radical) to be closer to true christianity then that of what we see today. along side of buddism & certain aspects of TAR (traditional african beliefs). anyway, i think i might be delving a bit deep and will catch some flack.

also i find it very interesting that prior to the councel at nicea the majority of people at the time who would be considered christian were following arianism.

thank you so much for your thoughts! anyone else?

fula

Arianism
Posted by: malleeboy ()
Date: January 17, 2007 05:21AM

The trinitarian problem with arianism, is that you appear to end up with a main God and a demi-god Jesus. (You have to deal with verses indicating that Jesus helped create the universe, and appears to invest him with certain characteristics that appear to be devine.)

The early church struggled with the relationship between the Father and Jesus for several centuries. Arianism is just one the proposed solutions to the seeming contradiction of a people who wanted to be monotheistic but deify their leader.

I don't think the majority of Christians at the time of Nicean council were Arian, I think the majority view ran along the lines that the Bible doesn't get into such specific arguements about the exact realationship between father and son so why should we, just live with the ambiguity.

Don't forget Nicea included some representatives from churches outside the Roman Empire but several other church groupings from outside did not attend. (eg Ethiopian and Nubian) The council and/or Emporer were never in a position to enforce anything upon the church as a whole.

Re: Arianism
Posted by: seecloromsPop ()
Date: October 19, 2011 08:15AM

WHY BELIEVE.... OKEY NOW I AM TELLING YOU GUYS THAT I AM ANGEL CAME TO EARTH TO WAKE YOU GUYS UP.. WOULD YOU BELIEVE ME OR CALL ME NUT CASE.. PROBABLY A NUT CASE...

YEAH THAT SIMPLE... JESUS CAME AND GONE.... WHAT IS LEFT .. IS PEOPLE'S OPINIONS... SOME PAPERS....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.