Current Page: 14 of 19
David R. Hawkins
Posted by: shimon ()
Date: June 21, 2007 03:40AM

just as many negative reviews of hawkins works are out there, you can find just as many praiseworthy ones. ONes where they praise him and think he is the best teacher out there. So reviews dont mean that much to me, you will find good ones and bad ones. Even for the greatest teachers of all time, like Jesus or Buddha you will find those who disagree with their teachings. But some of the reviews were interesting and right on nonetheless.

Options: ReplyQuote
David R. Hawkins
Date: June 21, 2007 03:42AM

i checked out steve pavlinas forum and i only found one thread on hawkins that was pretty recent. Not much was said and it was a waste of my time. I prefer level of consciousness.org as you have pointed out and this forum. Although I am hoping more people will take part in this discussion. Do you have any other supporters phoenix potter who have anything to say on hawkins, or is it just you, on your own?

David R. Hawkins
Posted by: PhoenixPotter ()
Date: June 21, 2007 06:27AM

Here's more...

[b:406b52aca0]Pure Quackery[/b:406b52aca0], January 29, 2006 By Thomas John (San Jose, CA, USA)
Hawkins states that people in developing countries should be grateful for corporate exploitation. They would otherwise starve, he explains. He also rates WalMart has having extremely high integrity. Never mind the mistreatment of its workers for which WalMart recently paid millions to avoid going to trial. Never mind the exploitation of Chinese labor. Pure quackery, in which there is no verifiable means of testing beyond Hawkins' say-so.

[b:406b52aca0]False Truth[/b:406b52aca0], October 6, 2005 By Elsie Rogers "Elsie" (Newark, NJ)
In a round about way Hawkins implies that if God (Truth) were to speak, this is what it would have to say about all the things he has calibrated. Hummmmm...I say Hawkins calibrations are measurements from his own life filter, from his own perspective and are a reflection of his own self-expression and the life he has lived. Let's say you use the muscle testing technique to test the level of truth of the furniture in your house. Your sofa calibrates at 220 and your dining room chair at 300. What exactly does it mean that one chair has a higher level of truth than another? The relevant question however is, now that you have this information, what are you going to do next?...Hawkins work as it is presented is just another book like all those other holy books that people claim to be the one true Truth. Book in hand, they then go out and justify their actions, judge and condemn others, all with the greatest air of superiority because, after all, they calibrate at a higher level of consciousness then you. And of course a book backs you where the author has calibrated the level of truth of his own chapters...Is it true as Hawkins suggests that Mickey Mouse calibrates at 205 forever?...I myself have been thoughly entertained by it all. His consciousness table aside, some of his other points can be correlated with other wisdom and spiritual teachings. However, the great wisdom teachings of our time say that the highest truth you can know for yourself is the truth you find within. Let your own soul be your guide...don't use Hawkins measurements as your guide, go to the Source yourself...

[b:406b52aca0]Truth vs. Falsehood[/b:406b52aca0], May 21, 2007 By Peter H. Schelstraete "Truthquest" (Phoenix, Arizona)
If you spend a few moments to extrapolate as to what this author's theory really means, you will realize that he must be a quack. I threw his books out and I am dismayed that they are still in bookstores and available on [...].

[b:406b52aca0]wow and I thought there was something to kinesiology[/b:406b52aca0], December 30, 2005 By S. Hall "movie writer" (Provo, UT)
This book reveals the truth about what kinesiology is: bias disguised as objectivity. Don't get me wrong I am as bias-ridden as anyone else, but I admit it where Dr. Hawkins won't. Hawkins takes everything he likes and scores it high (America, the patriot act, Bush's "presidency", Bob Dylan's music, Patrick Henry) and then scores everything he doesn't like low (liberals, the leftist media elite [his words not mine], The Godfather, Arafat, even Star Wars). It is useless to attempt to make simple answers for the difficult problems our human family faces. Amazingly, the percentage of Americans who don't calibrate over 200--if Hawkins is to be believed--is exactly equal to the percentage of Americans that voted for John Kerry (49%). In many places, Dr. Hawkins warns us that the kinesiological method will not give accurate results if it is used to justify one's passionately-held positions. Of course, this rule applies to everyone but Dr. Hawkins. If you believe that America as currently constituted is the best possible culture on earth and that every other culture ranks somewhere below it, then I suppose you will enjoy this book. If, however, you believe, as I do, that the world is far more complicated and colorful than that then pass on this book. I am very saddened by this. I had trouble making kinesiology work for me, but I assumed there was something wrong with the process I was using. Now, of course, this book reveals that the kinesiological approach itself is pure hogwash. Thanks for revealing your true self Dr. Hawkins! I can now move on.

[b:406b52aca0]God is a Republican?[/b:406b52aca0] , August 3, 2006 By Greg Bond "Book Burner" (Los Angeles, CA)
Do not buy this book! Hawkins now thinks Bill O'riley of Fox News is the moral compass of the world. Hawkins used to be a wise old man, but now he is senile and totally lost his mind. Do not buy this book!

[b:406b52aca0]Falsehoods Instead of Truth[/b:406b52aca0], February 6, 2006 By Consciousness Raiser (IL)
I can't believe Hawkins can knowlingly publish obvious Falsehoods as Truth! p.31: How on earth can these "Grazer and Exception" animals calibrate higher than 75% of humans??? p.114: Hawkins' comments on Bill O'Reily make NO SENSE... "the rule of the thumb is that if O'Reilly dislikes a public figure or a "cause", it calibrates below 200 (handy for those who cannot do the calibration technique)" So forget everything Hawkins has ever written based on kinesiology and simply watch Bill O'Reilly!!! p.115: How on earth can 2004 Election Republican voters calibrate at 405 and Conservatives calibrate at 415 - supporting Bush and the unwarranted war on Iraq while peace-wishing Liberals calibrate at only 255?? There are many very questionable calibrations here and I couldn't read any more of this after reaching only page 124. This is a HUGE disappointment...

[b:406b52aca0]A little Truth and alot of falsehoods[/b:406b52aca0] , September 1, 2005 By Byron T. Jacobson (Minneapolis Mn)
As a praticioner of Applied Kinesiology, I want everyone to know that I know of no authority in the field that would agree with either his method or interpetation of his results. Kinesiology is not a lie or truth dectector, thats ridiculous. You can not predict the future or cards or anything else and no one but Dr Hawkins thinks you can. I have been practicing for 20 years and the first thing you tell people not to do, is what Hawkins is doing with it. Its unethical,unreproducable and is influenced by his bais. He is doing a great diservice to what can be a very useful and accurate methodology. Just not the way he is using it as a fortune telling machine to back up his right wing politics. I have really liked his nonduality teachings but this book is really outrageous and I wonder if we are on the verge of having an American Reverend Sun Young Moon. He certainly fancys himself as being the new Jesus Christ.I just wish he wasnt slandering kinesiology to prove his point. I cannot recommend this book to anyone.

[b:406b52aca0]The Path to the Dark Side[/b:406b52aca0], September 10, 2006 By Bryan Ellis (Seattle, WA United States)
I don't know how it happened. Whether he was threatened, bribed, or just accepted a super offer from the dark side. However it happened, this guy has lost his way...I think its probably a good idea to take what this guy says fron now on with the proverbial grain of salt

[b:406b52aca0]don't bother[/b:406b52aca0], February 25, 2006 By truthseeker (wyoming)
Mr Hawkins lost me with this book. I and my spiritual group (12 of us total) calibrated things that we found in the book and we came up with very different results. Since we are raging liberals, well, we have concluded that this method that we believed in, simply does not work! Obviously, Mr. Hawkins affected the results of the calibrations in his book with his conservatism. This is sad. I think it may be better to just pray, meditate and use your intuition. Don't bother buying or reading the book...

[b:406b52aca0]so sad...[/b:406b52aca0], February 25, 2006 By EZook (denver, co)
I really wanted to believe this testing system worked but I had misgivings because I always seemed to get the answers I wanted. When I finished this book, I realized that was true. Dr. Hawkins has created and calibrated his truth. If he were liberal, he would have calibrated a liberal truth. I am an independent when I vote, sometimes I go left, then right, or middle of the road. However, it was clear to me that this book was mostly false. If you are conservative you will love this book, if you are liberal, you'll hate it. If you are intelligent, you won't even read it.

[b:406b52aca0]Conflict of interest [/b:406b52aca0], March 21, 2006 By Alexander Pepper "In Wonderland" (Rochester, NY United States)
After learning that the Hawkins foundation received a generous donation from the Republican Party my suspicions were validated. Unfortunately, we have all been duped into the "inner development" syndrome. We all want answers to questions of reality. What a better deception for those who wish to rule the world! Have you noticed the lack of a mass public outrage for any injustice, lately? The power elite has sufficiently dumbed us down into selfish mental masturbators. We are all vibrant creatures endowed with many gifts. Emotions are a wonderful tool for self expression. We are able to create and destroy with them. Kinesiology has it's basis in gut feelings. Don't you sense that something is wrong in the world? The movie "The Matrix" is a wonderful metaphor regarding the influence of how just a few awakened individuals can transform a society into a quest for liberation. We've been asleep too long... Its time to take the "red pill"... Peace

[b:406b52aca0]Buyer Beware![/b:406b52aca0], December 7, 2005 By J. Larson (Albuquerque, NM)
I have admired David Hawkins and use his scale of consciousness in my psychotherapy practice...The book, Truth vs Falsehood, is filled with False and misleading conclusions! Hawkins has strayed from the purity of Power vs Force and offered contradictory suggestions in this work. These false calibrations are carefully woven into many true and insightful observations. The reader must be VERY discerning...If killing others is never supported at higher levels of consciousness, then capital punishment is contradictory to true social evolution, as Hawkins points out in Power vs Force. Aggression through war is thus never a meaningful solution (using force) for global evolution yet Hawkins supports and jutifies the United States' Iraqi intervention. Hawkins also goes so far as to support George Bush's policies as having high levels of consciousness, even though those policies and actions are founded on falsehood and personal agendas, not the greater good of the American people. Hawkins has twisted his levels of consciousnes and orientation of the testing to suit a political agenda..."Truth vs Falehood", has taken a giant step backwards as it pretends to be objective when it is not. This is most dangerous for the student of the work must now take a very enlightened state of mind in order to evaluate the book's conclusions. No longer can one simply trust the accomplished writer's authority and seek to learn through osmosis. Test the conclusions in this book against your own understandings and recognition of truth.

[b:406b52aca0]Hawkins Descends Into Delusion & Misuse Of Dowsing[/b:406b52aca0], January 4, 2007 By Jed Shlackman (Miami, FL United States)
Dr. Hawkins first book, Power vs Force was interesting and presented a useful way to dowse using kinesiology. However, he began to venture into misapplication of this method, and has now gone off on a tangent where he seems to wish to delude himself into thinking he has developed a fool-proof way to judge the level of consciousness of any entity, concept, or construct and the truth or falsehood of any statement. There are serious logical, philosophical, and practical flaws in his work, and his attempt to quantify matters that aren't quantifiable leads to meaningless data that probably matches the bias & beliefs of those carrying out the muscle tests. This book is a good example to present to show how people can deceive themselves and misuse muscle testing and dowsing techniques...much of what Hawkins presents in the book is utterly meaningless and invalid...Hawkins explores issues about media, politics, religion, spirituality, history, philosophies, healing arts, entertainment, and more, and reveals his own gross ignorance on many matters. He seems unaware that many of the people he trusts in politics and media are professional gangsters, liars, and two-faced sociopaths. He has a negative view of conspiracy theorists, many of whom are genuinely determined to find the truth and don't resort to Hawkins' misguided shortcut attempt to identify truth. Hawkins also fosters confusion with his description of his muscle test method, as it really has little to do with applied kinesiology, but is a form of dowsing where the muscle is directed to remain weak or strong in lieu of muscle response moving a pendulum or rod...For now I'd encourage Hawkins to recognize...many conservative politicians and pundits are corrupt frauds, and the overall maturity of consciousness in America is not greater than the rest of the world.

[b:406b52aca0]Very Disappointing!![/b:406b52aca0], March 8, 2006 By Dr. Jay (Orange County, Ca)
I'm a big fan of Power vs. Force and was looking forward to this latest offering from Dr. Hawkins. Big disappointment!! I stumbled upon this wisdom within the body a few years back and have used it in my chiropractic practice since...the most important thing that I have learned while using this method daily for years is that you will get what you are looking for. If you are not careful in your questioning - you will get the answers that you want or expect. Single blind studies don't cut it. Try double blind tests - Bush doesn't come out looking as good as Hawkins would like us to believe & 2nd hand smoke is detrimental to our health. Dr. Hawkins, in my opinion, has fallen into this trap with this latest book.

[b:406b52aca0]How does one tell the difference?[/b:406b52aca0], September 14, 2005 By PathFinder "Allen" (Pennsylvania)
Here is my review in Hawkins-speak (and a bit tongue-in-cheek). cal. 350 (Acceptance)...I have serious issues with his presentation of the veracity of this 'well-established science of consciousness', the 'scientifically derived and objectively organized facts' he proclaims to reveal. His 'science' is the result of his own doctoral thesis and no other research. However, Hawkins presents his work to the lay reader as though it were universally accepted in the scientific community, when this is far from true. By International College of Kinesiology (ICAK) standards his work is totally unacceptable, as a previous reviewer and AK practictioner has pointed out. If I accept TvF as absolute truth, I can find a way to rationalize almost all of the calibrations. But realizing the singular quantity of the studies, (read NOT SCIENTIFICALLY VALIDATED by replication), one may question some of them. Examples: High Fashion > EMT's, Environmentalism, Hatha Yoga Pepsi, Coke > Green Tea Bush position (early Iraq war) = 460 (intellectual excellence) You see, maybe there was a triage benefit of establishing a U.S. presence in the heart of the Middle East...then again, considering the results, maybe the plan wasn't up to intellectual excellence. Really, this glaring misrepresentation of science at the heart of Hawkins' material casts a pall over all his teachings of this supposed Absolute Truth...

[b:406b52aca0]In search of truth[/b:406b52aca0], September 28, 2004 By Donald A. Shake "NeonDon" (The Jersey Shore)
I have been told that it's good to listen to those who are searching for truth and to avoid those who have found it. In the case of this book and its follow-up "I", I would say that these are a good example of such a saying...Although there are several yellow sticky flags poking out from the page edges of both "Eye" and "I", which will draw me again to a particular thoughtful point, my impression after reading these books is that Mr. Hawkins would rather not have been born a human. Do you remember how the Data character of Star trek and the Andrew character of The Millennium Man were an "android that would be man"? Then you will understand what I mean when I say that this author is a "man that would be android". It bothers me that he has something so strongly against being human. This makes me doubt his agenda toward me as a human. It also bothers me that he so completely surrenders his analytical abilities to an unseen entity. God's TRUTH, as read through the muscle spasms of only the most innocent among us--Ask a question, push against someone's outstretched arm, get the truth! I don't know about you, but this... making me doubt my own decision-making ability bothers me a whole lot. If Kinesiology becomes the next religion, I hope I'm not around when it happens...

[b:406b52aca0]Seduction[/b:406b52aca0], August 9, 2005 By Elephantschild "Chris" (Paris)
Mr. Hawkins' book gives a very seductive account of what it might be like to live the awakened life. However, the more I learn about Mr. Hawkins (the origin of his Ph.D for instance), and having listened to some of his on-line talks, the less I respect what he writes . Net-net, I won't buy anything else he does or endorses.

[b:406b52aca0]Can Truth be known? Through kinesiology?? Hmm.. [/b:406b52aca0], June 11, 2005 By I. Dimov (Tempe, AZ USA)
...But in my opinion it is not an efficient tool for serious spiritual seekers because it leads away from the internal spiritual investigation that takes place with efficient methods of Pranayama for example, and promotes an external, or sensory, method - Kinesiology, in attempt to provide knowledge of something not registered by the senses - our own awareness, our sense of self, the substance of self. Assertions like there hasn't been a way to tell "truth of falsehood" ever before this method was developed make one think what great teachers of the past and present like Krishna, the Buddha, Jesus, Paramahansa Yogananda and many more of which the author obviously heavily borrows, were teaching at all if not just that - the ultimate method of transcending the sensory limitations of knowing the real. A further contradiction can be observed in the "Question and Answer" section where the author when asked if breathing techniques, diets, seclusion or similar ascetic practices are necessary or helpful / sorry for not having the book at hand to quote directly/ in assisting the expansion of consciousness, nullifies his previously shared statement in the book: "need for my own withdrawal in a small town for several years in order to deepen the "Presence" in meditation" with the answer: "absolutely not" and gives a Zen like explanation of the "being in the silent now is all that's necessary" sort, which further mystifies the exact science of motion of nervous energy in the human body...I do not recommend this book to anyone that is looking to taste knowledge of the Self firsthand, because it points in the contrary direction - the sensory world and relativity...But again those who are thirsty to understand how and why the ancient science of sense-introversion, practiced from all spiritual icons of humanity through the centuries works, may look elsewhere.

[b:406b52aca0]Could Have Been Better[/b:406b52aca0], February 21, 2003 By "irishmic7" (Santa Clarita, CA USA)
...this book got me worried. In a post Holocaust world, even the staunchest Christian should be at least a little concerned about how Jews are portrayed. ...Mr. Hawkins lists the entirety of the Jewish Bible at a level between pride and courage by giving it a rating of 190. Then, with little explanation, he states his personal belief that the Bible would be far more truthful if the Jewish Scriptures were removed in their entirety. This statement is appalling. ...most leading biblical scholars rate the level of textural integrity of the Jewish Scriptures far higher then the integrity of the Christian Scriptures. If Hawkins other theories were not so intriguing I would have thrown my copy out long ago. My only hope is that Mr. Hawkins will publish the research discoveries leading to his low ranking of such important spiritual documents along with more drawn out explanations of why he feels that these scriptures should be expunged in their entirety from the Bible...

[b:406b52aca0]A Neocon Hiding in Professor's Clothing[/b:406b52aca0], June 1, 2003 By Raymond Carlson "key89" (Redwood City, CA USA)
Having read the first two books in the series, I was frankly shocked upon opening "I", the third in the series. While I was expecting the book to be helpful, deep, and insightful, as the first had been, I found the author's position instead to be rigid, dogmatic, and contrived. Ironically, he repeatedly admonishes all opinions and points of view being merely "positionalities". Yet between book one and book three his own points of view seem to have calcified with a rigidity that would turn off any eclectically-minded individual. In fact, I wonder if he is at all conscious that the name of the latest book, "I" may be more revealing about his own personality than about states of consciousness. Furthermore, instead of staying within the bounds of the subject matter on which he claims to be an expert, he ventures into realms about which he is apparently painfully ignorant. For instance, he dismisses as public hysteria the very real environmental threats we are all facing (p. 65). Witness this quote, "The prevalence of a disease reflects the publicity given to it and the inviting `deep pockets' of some demonized industry (e.g. fast food)." In other words, this man, himself an M.D., refuses to even consider that perhaps the content of fast food may be at least part of what is poisoning us. The book is rife with other examples of where the man, who repeatedly rejects "positionalities," whom I would expect to instruct others to question authority, argues for "authority" as something necessary and desirable in order to keep society from descending into chaos. He even weighs in on the "under God" issue with the flag, opining that removing those two words undermines the authority of God, from which springs America's power. The obvious question is why anyone who claims not to be dogmatic would so righteously insist on the use of the word "God," which so many find odious and an obstacle to understanding their own higher nature. Hawkins' answer: "Understandably, therefore, the elitist feels `uncomfortable' with any reference to God. (Lucifer refused to acknowledge the sovereignty to God through pride and greed for power.)" So anyone who doesn't feel comfortable being bludgeoned by that word is an elitist. Less than a quarter of the way into the book, he was vehemently defending the Bush Administration's post-September 11th policies, leaving me to wonder if this man is perhaps just another Neocon with a quasi-religious belief system to numb the minds of the masses so he can further his agenda. He says, "The hatred of the United States by others stems solely from envy." This is the type of thinking I would expect from narrow-minded politicians, not learned individuals pontificating about consciousness. His analysis of emotions such as anger and fear seems similarly one-dimensional, all the more puzzling given his claim of expertise in the field of consciousness. The number of times he dismisses valid emotions by using the word "narcissistic" to describe them says much more about David R. Hawkins the man than it does about consciousness itself. The experience Dr. Hawkins' describes of finding "enlightenment" was apparently not a gentle one. His near-death experience, by his own description, blew his circuits, after which it took years for him to learn again how to use his body. The irony here is that, whatever he thinks his experience of "enlightenment" did for him, it did not remove the most objectionable and rigid aspects of his personality. I would not recommend this book for studying consciousness. It's dogmatic approach will likely create more confusion than clarity in the minds of the readers.

[b:406b52aca0]Quack, Quack, and more Quack the(Trilogy)[/b:406b52aca0], February 25, 2005 By Peter H. Schelstraete "Truthquest" (Phoenix, Arizona)
The basic concept observed by the author is untrue. It would be great if it was true, but its not. I was going to attend one of his seminars in Sedona, Arizona so I ordered all his books after hearing his underlying testing technique used by the Power of Intention author, Duane Dyer. When extrapilating his conclusions, I realized the technique, if it were true, would make me a fortune in Vegas, I decided to check Quack.com to see if his theory held water. Unfortunately, it doesn't. You can make a lot of money using the technique, but you have to sell books to do it. If you buy the book and you feel like you don't understand much of what he is saying, there is a reason for that, but don't assume that its because you lack intelligence or understanding. Not using an adequate double blind from which all is hidden (a pun on the title), was the downfall of the underlying research. Also, anyone who uses "Who's Who" as a reference raises a red flag in my opinion. I love it, the author even rates his own books using a flawed rating system: "Power vs. Force" rates a 850 and "Eye of the I" calibrates at a 950" I didn't see any real professionals recommending his work on his book, did you? I bought his books, shame on him, but at least I didn't pay go to his seminar. 950! in a pig's eye!

[b:406b52aca0]Physician Heal Thyself! Has Hawkins always been a Neocon?[/b:406b52aca0] , February 10, 2004 By Durk Krieger (Walla Walla, WA (USA)
We here at SOME OF THE ABOVE NEWS were much looking forward to quoting from Dr. David Hawkins' latest book - I, REALITY AND SUBJECTIVITY - as we had so often quoted from the previous two books of his trilogy. But I had the same shocking experience as the author of the other review here on Amazon.com who also gave the book ONE star, as we have. (I would have given NO star, if that were technically possible!) Was Dr. Hawkins temporarily insane when he wrote this book? Or has he been somehow co-opted? Or is he a victim of the vagaries of Alzheimers? OR WHAT! Spooky, to say the least...and with a very definitely sinister feeling to it! For those who are as shocked and saddened as we are at the loss of this once challenging and innovative mind: a consolation is that the "perennial philosophy" which he was so good at describing from his own (must we now say "alleged"?) experiences, can be found in the writings of numerous authentic sages, such as Ramana Maharshi, the Radhasoami (Sant Mat) people, Kabir, and such a wealth of others; as well as a miraculous renaissance of contemporary enlightened and enlightening writers all around us today...

[b:406b52aca0]FROM THE SUBLIME TO THE RIDICULOUS:[/b:406b52aca0] , February 12, 2004 By Myra M. Jackson (Seattle, WA USA)
Take Dr. David R. Hawkins - Please! Even as the Straussian "Neocon" regime in Washington DC begins seriously to unravel into well-deserved public humiliations and threatening prosecutions - the ghastly "spiritual" fraud, Dr. David R. Hawkins, appears with his brazen defense of the Bush regime's all-out push for a fascist takeover of our country! The first two books of his trilogy were a sublime mish-mosh of many of the spiritual insights of some of history's greatest spiritual (not religious) traditions - mixed in with fascinating descriptions of his own spiritual experiences, near death experiences and (so he has claimed) his development of spiritual healing and other abilities.On the jacket of this book and elsewhere it is claimed that, "This masterpiece like the other books of the trilogy, has already received 'five-star' reviews...." (Let us notice the "five-star reviews" surrounding us here and remind ourselves just how much they are worth! In the trade they are known as "booster reviews," and usually can be identified by their fawning and uncritical style.) Dr. hawkins claims to have invented a simple method, which he calls kinesiologic testing, that "for the first time in human history, demonstrated a means to discern truth from falsehood." (P. 443) But guess what: people who don't get the same results from this testing, THEMSELVES test below the magic 200 score, which HE has determine means that they are not "integrous." Hey, Papal infallibility ain't got nothin' on us. And I'm sure you will be happy to hear that he has tested this very book itself, at: 999.8 ! Missed perfection by just two-tenths of a percent! Go test yourself, Doc.

[b:406b52aca0]Dr. HAWKINS JOINS THE RELIGIOUS WAR HAWKS[/b:406b52aca0], February 23, 2004 By Sarah Chase (Tacoma, WA)
With the last book of his trilogy, Dr. Hawkins comes out as one of the very things he criticizes in his writings: the religious warriors. Giving his full support to the Bush/Neocon war party, he lets the world know that he is no different from the fundamentalist Christian and fundamentalist Moslem sects who are presently manipulating the world into one global fascist state.

[b:406b52aca0]Spiritual Ax to Grind[/b:406b52aca0], March 19, 2004 By "jamesthejust" (Phoenix, AZ)
Certain "spiritual" people contend that it is just fine to be politically ignorant and negligent - and that this in fact makes them even more "spiritual." Yet these same people usually would not say it is a good thing to be spiritually ignorant and irresponsible. I contend that spiritual and political progress and maturity go hand in hand. You can't have one without the other. Dr. Hawkins is one who consistently devalues citizens' political responsibilities in his writings. Yet in this 3rd volume he finally comes out as a rabid far right-winger. Now that he has done so, neither he nor his followers should be surprised that people will respond to his political teachings, just as they would respond to any other mortal in a democratic society. Telling his critics that they should "look within" and implying that they are just too danged low on the spiritual scale to understand His lofty writings, etc. is not the least bit convincing.

[b:406b52aca0]Please read Wikipedia article on Hawkins before buying[/b:406b52aca0], June 14, 2006 By M. Burton
Suggest clicking on the relevant footnotes and taking a look at the results of sincere efforts to verify kinesiology listed in Wikipedia article, and also considering Hawkins' story outlined in Wikipedia. Non-dualism is an inspiring and profound point of view on life. The best book on it have found is I Am That, transcripts of taped dialogues between a brilliant non-dualist spiritual teacher and his visitors. I Am That is understandably heading toward 100 mostly positive reviews at Amazon, average review is five stars. Nothing else on non-duality that I know about has even come close, if this be a reasonable way of evaluating how much help a book's readers feel they have received. Blessings on your way!

[b:406b52aca0]Be Your Own Guru[/b:406b52aca0], September 25, 2004 By Torino Michael Iori
I love the fact that the reviews for this book are so extreme: in the 19 previous reviews it has garnered either 5 or 1 star(s) - nothing in between. I also think it's very interesting that the reviewers that have panned this book tend to be people who are fans of the previous two books in the trilogy. (Something people who gush about this book should acknowledge and perhaps take a moment to absorb.) Yes, I'm a huge fan of Hawkins work, and have been greatly influenced by it. And yes, I also have some issues with his work. (Especially, when he makes statements that so obviously express a neo-conservative positionality, whose biased content are only surpassed in shock-value by how clearly they stand in stark relief to everything else contained in his work.)...Let's not expect Hawkins to be perfect - he's not! And although his written work is MUCH less riddled with errors, inconsistencies, and contradictions than one finds in his audio/video library and in-person appearances, it's not perfect either (contrary to whatever 'conclusive' calibration is splashed across the cover). If you have read and studied the first and second books in this series ('Power vs. Force', and 'Eye of the I'), and don't have a problem with the 'fact' that (among other things): the calibration of the kinesiological test itself is 'only' 600 (not 1000); no other 'spiritual' or religious text or document that we know of calibrates at the level of 'absolute truth'; Mohammed - as well as other prophets, sages, and gurus - can attain consciousness levels into the six and seven hundreds and then drop to below 200; and that what is 'true' on one level of consciousness is not true - or even relevant - at another. Then you shouldn't have any problem accepting that this book - however incredible and brilliant and important - is written by a 'spirit-incarnate' (human being) and is therefore subject to the same limitations of all things human - it's not perfect! Which I actually believe to be a 'good thing'. It helps to keep us from deifying the messenger (well, at least some of us). And hopefully encourages us to take responsibility for our own 'radically subjective experience of reality' -- which, by definition of 'radical subjectivity', is not suppose to correspond exactly to anyone else's. Don't buy your dogmas ready-made off the shelf... (Not a substitute for owning your spiritual quest and unique path to enlightenment.)

[b:406b52aca0]Two Authors?[/b:406b52aca0] , March 27, 2007 By Lee and Steven Hager at www.oroborusbooks.com -
After reading "Power vs. Force," "The Eye of the I: From Which Nothing is Hidden" and "I: Reality and Subjectivity," one may question whether David Hawkins' doppelganger has insinuated his dissonant views into these works. Hawkins' stunning spiritual insights are often marred by an obsession with calibrations and his use of kinesiology to discern levels of truth and spiritual attainment. Rather than seeing the calibrations as a means to an end, Hawkins sadly appears to have made them an end in themselves, which confuses his message...But, as with all spiritual books, it is the responsibility of the reader to go within and discern for themselves what will carry them further along their path, and what will hinder them...Lee & Steven Hager are the authors of Quantum Prodigal Son: Revisiting Jesus' Parable of the Prodigal Son from the Perspective of Quantum Mechanics

[i:406b52aca0]Instead of treating his readers as people who want to understand and encouraging people in general to learn his system as he did in Power vs Force, [Hawkins] explicitly tells readers to abdicate their responsibility to seek truth for themselves…we are simply supposed to accept that what the author says is valid because HE claims to have "higher consciousness" than we, the readers, should dare to presume that we have…The arrogance is breathtaking. And offensive. And it is also based in the political philosophy of Leo Strauss which advocates explicitly the use of deception so that the masses may be controlled more easily by an elite of supposedly wiser (i.e. wealthier) beings. Seen in this light, the omission is not an "error" but rather the hallmark of a Straussian philosopher…Truth really does make you free, and helps prevent going down a lot of garden paths based on the false information. And if someone is directing us down such a garden path, it's probably safe to assume that the purpose of such misdirection is not for our benefit. Lying tends to lead to cheating and other abuses. And my distrust of this author increased as I went through Truth vs Falsehood, and discovered how he was using the hierarchy of superior-consciousness individuals to twist the facts, and to take away from the reader any responsibility to think for himself.[/i:406b52aca0]
Mary-Sue Haliburton,
[peswiki.com]

David R. Hawkins
Date: June 21, 2007 01:57PM

I've confirmed that Hawkins' lawyers were behind the censoring of the Wikipedia article on Hawkins. I hear that Hawkins would not like to be on Wikipedia as it has brought him a lot of troubles. For example, because of the article, Hawkins has decided to delete all reference to “kinesiology” from any and all of his books. I am overwhelmed by his enlightened integrity.

We change the world not by what we do or say, but as a consequence of what we have become. - Hawkins

It is not a matter of becoming but of Being. - Ramana

David R. Hawkins
Date: June 21, 2007 02:41PM

Why would hawkins delete all references to kinesiology in his books? That makes no sense to me. You cant delete all the books that are out there, are you referring to new versions, they wont have references to kinesilogy in them. WHat is going on. Hawkins uses ktesting and calibrations in all of his talks, seminars, workshops, books, videos. AM i missing something here. Please explain more.

David R. Hawkins
Date: June 21, 2007 02:44PM

You said hawkins lawyers got wikipedia to remove his article about him. WHy would the lawyers get involved in that, and isnt that expensive and a waste of money to pay lawyers to get involved in things like this. Who cares what an online article says about him, what matters is what he is, not what some thing online says. This is all veyr disconcerting to me. Does he have an image he is trying to uphold. I am really trying to understand this but it is hard to fathom hawkins involvement in all of this. I thought he was supposed to be beyond images and personas, i thought david died years ago.

David R. Hawkins
Date: June 21, 2007 02:46PM

Phoenix potter you say "you are overwhelmed by hawkins enlightened integrity." are you joking about this or serious. Do you really think he is integrous? Because he wants to delete references to kinesiology, that makes him integrous. Is he admitting it is all pseudoscience by doing this? Should we all dismiss kinesiology too, because hawkins is too. ANd is he really, I still see him using it and referencing it in the lectures.

David R. Hawkins
Date: June 21, 2007 03:02PM

shimon
just as many negative reviews of hawkins works are out there, you can find just as many praiseworthy ones. ONes where they praise him and think he is the best teacher out there. So reviews dont mean that much to me, you will find good ones and bad ones. Even for the greatest teachers of all time, like Jesus or Buddha you will find those who disagree with their teachings. But some of the reviews were interesting and right on nonetheless.
I thought they were insightful. The ones that are praiseworthy aren't as reflective. The Buddha welcomed criticism.

shimon
i checked out steve pavlinas forum and i only found one thread on hawkins that was pretty recent. Not much was said and it was a waste of my time.
I thought "Megan" in particular made some good points. Perhaps there wasn't much else on there.

shimon
I prefer level of consciousness.org as you have pointed out and this forum. Although I am hoping more people will take part in this discussion. Do you have any other supporters phoenix potter who have anything to say on hawkins, or is it just you, on your own?
Hawkins has a lot of critics. I have referenced many of them. Most however are too smart to waste their time on this. I felt I had a lot to say, and was aware of many developments that were taking place, so I shared my view. In the end, truth, facts, proof, will never change the mind of the true believer. I hope that some out there still had a shred of common sense and rationality left after being indoctrinated by Hawkins, and it is to them that I wrote. I didn't want the major criticisms out there to appear to be only from "atheists" or whatever label Hawkins wants to put on thoughtful human beings.

I have recently been told that people are assuming that I am a person who I am not, which I find amusing.

But, I have said what I wanted to, and barring any major developments, I don't expect to be writing on here much anymore.

Best wishes.

David R. Hawkins
Date: June 21, 2007 03:12PM

Phoenix Potter wrote: But, I have said what I wanted to, and barring any major developments, I don't expect to be writing on here much anymore.

I guess there is not much more to talk about. BUt I do look forward to any major developments that you share. Thanks for all of your sharing and contributions to understanding hawkins better.
P.S. - I hope hawkins lawyers didnt get to you too, just like at wikipedia.

David R. Hawkins
Date: June 26, 2007 04:52AM

shimon
Why would hawkins delete all references to kinesiology in his books? That makes no sense to me. You cant delete all the books that are out there, are you referring to new versions, they wont have references to kinesilogy in them. WHat is going on. Hawkins uses ktesting and calibrations in all of his talks, seminars, workshops, books, videos. AM i missing something here. Please explain more.
He's deleting all reference to the word "kinesiology" in his new books and possible reprints of old books, but is keeping the practice and in an impressive burst of integrity is now referring to it as simply "muscle testing," I guess in light of Diamond's and Pierotti's criticisms. Rather than giving up his pseudoscience, he's just changing its name. :roll:

shimon
You said hawkins lawyers got wikipedia to remove his article about him. WHy would the lawyers get involved in that, and isnt that expensive and a waste of money to pay lawyers to get involved in things like this. Who cares what an online article says about him, what matters is what he is, not what some thing online says. This is all veyr disconcerting to me. Does he have an image he is trying to uphold. I am really trying to understand this but it is hard to fathom hawkins involvement in all of this. I thought he was supposed to be beyond images and personas, i thought david died years ago.
Hawkins is a litigious person. This has been proved over and over again. I would caution followers regarding disassociating Hawkins from his actions and/or the actions of his business and lawyers.

shimon
Phoenix potter you say "you are overwhelmed by hawkins enlightened integrity." are you joking about this or serious. Do you really think he is integrous? Because he wants to delete references to kinesiology, that makes him integrous. Is he admitting it is all pseudoscience by doing this? Should we all dismiss kinesiology too, because hawkins is too. ANd is he really, I still see him using it and referencing it in the lectures.
Joking. No, I don't think he is "integrous" (I don't even think that is a real word). He is keeping the practice and dropping the term "kinesiology." There is a whole science regarding the words we use to make something more palatable. For example, inheritance tax or estate tax was generally approved of by people until politicians starting calling it "death tax." The words changed, not the practice, and now people have changed their position. There are interesting books out there on this sort of practice of changing words to make something more accepted, too.

shimon
Phoenix Potter wrote: But, I have said what I wanted to, and barring any major developments, I don't expect to be writing on here much anymore.

I guess there is not much more to talk about. BUt I do look forward to any major developments that you share. Thanks for all of your sharing and contributions to understanding hawkins better.
P.S. - I hope hawkins lawyers didnt get to you too, just like at wikipedia.
No lawyers contacted me personally, though they did contact several of Hawkins' critics that I am friends with. I would welcome them coming after me, if they felt they had a reason, because then maybe I could generate some press on Hawkins as a result of this and then Hawkins could maybe be officially added to Ross' site, as he requires press articles. Truth I suspect would be upheld in court, if not in Hawkins' fantasy land. And truth is more important than money, of course, as is compassion for the people who Hawkins' apparent narcissism has seemed to hurt.

shimon
just as many negative reviews of hawkins works are out there, you can find just as many praiseworthy ones. ONes where they praise him and think he is the best teacher out there.
This should be a cause for concern. There are many great teachers out there; indeed, clinging and being unable to let go is a part of suffering. Teachers talk about both attraction and aversion as attachments. There is no need to cling to any one teacher; it is Truth that is important, and Hawkins has been demonstrated to lie and appears to suffer from Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Thus, it would be a good idea to look elsewhere for Truth, not as an aversion, but as a conscious and rational and spiritual decision and choice.

shimon
Even for the greatest teachers of all time, like Jesus or Buddha you will find those who disagree with their teachings.
I don't think this works as an analogy with Hawkins. I've come across many who disagree with Christianity, yet very few who disagree with Jesus Christ. Even people such as Sam Harris, who I heard in an interview state that he loves Jesus, and Friedrich Nietzsche respect Jesus, if not Christianity.

In truth, there was only one Christian, and he died on the cross. - Nietzche

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ. - Mahatma Gandhi
Conversely, the criticism against Hawkinazis is not that they are so [i:8b2de9a20a]unlike[/i:8b2de9a20a] Hawkins, but that they are so much [i:8b2de9a20a]like[/i:8b2de9a20a] Hawkins.

Just one example, here is what Paterson wrote:

This article still gets more feedback than almost any other article on EnergyGrid. Most of the emails are from Hawkins' supporters, incensed that someone should be so dismissive of their teacher and his philosophy. I firmly believe that Hawkins' calibration worldview is religious fundamentalism disguised as science, and the nature of the criticisms I receive bear this out: specific points and objections are not discussed, but rather the disciple, in the spirit of his teacher, rants on about my ignorance and my low calibration… all classic fundamentalism.

Having learned the hard way that it is a complete waste of time trying to talk reason with a fundamentalist, I no longer bother to reply to emails from Hawkins' supporters, for their authors are almost invariably not after mutual understanding but symbolic annihilation of anything and anyone that opposes their ideology. Only one single Hawkins supporter has shown me any level of politeness, but by the time I received his email (just a month ago, thanks Jon) I had had so much time wasted that I declined the invitation for yet another "debate".
[www.energygrid.com]
Culties actually make a very common and fallacious argument recognized by all cult experts, that criticism of their guru can be explained away as Jesus was also criticized. This is simply a false analogy. I am personally not aware of anyone criticizing a teacher such as Ramana Maharshi, though if there were such a criticism, I would not try to hide it, judge it, or "calibrate" it out of existence. If teachers get criticism for any reason, for the most part it is worth listening to, in my opinion. Spiritual teachers must be held to the highest of standards as they place people in the most vulnerable positions of trust that perhaps exist and involve [i:8b2de9a20a]eternal salvation[/i:8b2de9a20a]. When a teacher has been found to lie or omit information to induce that trust, or to as Hawkins put it “make use of positive transference,” it is worth examining. Hawkins in particular is already a medical doctor, which gives him a position of trust not afforded to most in our society. Then to need to add the self-styled "Sir" and diploma mill "Ph.D." to his name just indicates his affliction with NPD in my opinion (for example, "Has a grandiose sense of self-importance; e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements" [culteducation.com] . This ironically is also a definition of "ego" that Hawkins is supposed to be teaching people to transcend).

shimon
Is anybody else out there reading these threads on hawkins? Dont you have anything to contribute or ask about or discuss about hawkins.

There is over 24,000 views of this thread, and yet very little discussion about hawkins. THere has to be some ex followers of hawkins or those who are questioning him on this forum.

I want to read other peoples views on hawkins. Anybody willing to share?
Apparently followers think that this thread is too "non-integrous" to participate in (a convenient way of keeping their deluded belief system intact by not having it subjected to scrutiny). See [www.culteducation.com] .

To demonstrate the evolved, astounding, and superior integrity of his followers, please consider the following recent occurance.

A Hawkinazi came on this forum under the name "Gemini" and posted ten essentially irrelevant posts just so they could gain private messaging privileges to spread rumors about myself in an attempt to discredit this thread. "Gemini" posted under "The Secret" thread [board.culteducation.com] .

[b:8b2de9a20a]Gemini[/b:8b2de9a20a]: Want to know how to make God laugh? Tell God your The Secret plans!

[b:8b2de9a20a]PhoenixPotter[/b:8b2de9a20a]: Gemini is a follower of David R. Hawkins and has been private messaging lies about me to discredit the factual information on that thread about Hawkins.

[b:8b2de9a20a]question lady[/b:8b2de9a20a]: When a Hawkins devotee thinks something is nutty, you know it's [i:8b2de9a20a]waaay[/i:8b2de9a20a] out there.

[b:8b2de9a20a]Rswinters[/b:8b2de9a20a]: In my opinion Gemini has been up and down, back and forth, in and out, and every other way you can be with not making rational sense in posted messages so far.

I personally have no idea what Gemini is trying to say in message posts.

It seems as if there is a very tricky underlying devisiveness at play in them though.

I advise for there to be extreme caution with messages posted by Gemini.

Does anyone else pick up this underlying deviseness in Gemini?

I have a gut feeling that Gemini is here for argument sake alone.

[b:8b2de9a20a]rrmoderator[/b:8b2de9a20a]: Some people attempt to gain private messaging access by posting ten nonsensical or seemingly pointless posts.

[b:8b2de9a20a]Rswinters[/b:8b2de9a20a]: So what is done with those who are doing this slimy tactic?

[b:8b2de9a20a]rrmoderator[/b:8b2de9a20a]: When I receive complaints that they are abusing the private messsaging feature they are banned.
I sent two messages to "Gemini," invited him to participate in this thread, and received no reply.

For the record, any Hawkins followers are welcome to speak their minds here. Please challenge anything and everything you want, but don't go behind people's backs with your [i:8b2de9a20a]ad hominem[/i:8b2de9a20a] attacks in an attempt to discredit facts with your superior "integrity." Challenge anything you want about Hawkins openly. I actually believe in freedom of speech and democracy as some of the values that make America great, even if your guru does not.

Welcome!

Current Page: 14 of 19

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.