Current Page: 30 of 31
Re: Trinity de Guzman - Ayahuasca Healings (WA, USA)
Posted by: liminal ()
Date: July 12, 2017 06:44AM

princecurt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I met a guy who went on a retreat and used this
> stuff. He was completely screwed up by it. Not
> sure he will ever recover.

I'm sorry this happened to your friend.

Can you tell us more about what retreat he was on? Was it through Trinity de Guzman or another group?

My hope is that recovery is possible. Going to a licensed physician could be a first step, to address any possible physical health concerns.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: July 13, 2017 08:35AM

Unfortunately, I believe Trinity de Guzman and Ayahuasca Healings have gotten worse. More dangerous.

Earlier in this thread there has been some discussion of Dylan Guss. At one time, he seemed to know that he needed to break away from AH. Now he is once again fully integrated into the group, given the title "the bridger of worlds". He is a young man and in the past has been drastically overworked by Trinity.

Along with Dylan, listed on the team publicly are:

Shakti Selina Quinn, "the divine mother"
Angelica Mastrogiuseppe, "the sound priestess"
Jennifer Flaherty, "the intuitive"
Paul Diamond, "the shaman"
Trinity de Guzman, "the messenger"

Paul Diamond says he is an ayahuasquero, a Mongolian Buryat shaman,a "Phurba Priest in Nepalese Jhankri Tradition, Houngan Asogwe in Haitian Vodoun and has been initiated into various strands of Taoist, Tantric, Buddhist and Sufi Mystism".

[ayahuascahealings.com]

Prices for the retreats have gone up.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 13, 2017 11:36PM

(Slow shake of head)

In classical music even the most talented musician usually focuses on mastering
just one instrument for public performance.

Exploring the full potential of playing saxophone, violin or piano is enough to occupy a virtuoso for an entire lifetime.

ayahuasquero, a Mongolian Buryat shaman,a "Phurba Priest in Nepalese Jhankri Tradition, Houngan Asogwe in Haitian Vodoun and has been initiated into various strands of Taoist, Tantric, Buddhist and Sufi Mystism.

It takes an entire lifetime to become wise in just one of those traditions.

Sufism developed within the cultural context of Islamic monotheism - there is one God, nothing and no one is ever equal to God, God is the first cause, creator of all.

By contrast, Buddhism posits no belief in God and posits no first cause.

Vodoun, ayahuasca shamanism and Buriat shamanism are each rooted in specific
cultures and specific regions, each with its indigenous plants, animals and native spirits.

To get an idea of what life is like for a Sufi adept in a leadership role,
here is a description of a Sufi leader who was a refugee in Pakistan.

That man was busy from dawn to nightfall.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2017 11:39PM by corboy.

Date: August 15, 2017 12:04PM

Why You Will Never Get a Traditional Ayahuasca Treatment

[chacruna.net]

(Excerpt)

Ayahuasca, Means and Ends

The first difference lies in the role that ayahuasca plays. Locally, it is tool that the healer employs to enter the world of the spirits, channel the chants he receives from the spirits into his healing, and capture information about the illness of the patient and the medicine the patient needs. It often happens that the local patients do not drink ayahuasca, as in the case of the ceremonies run by the Shipibo, who are currently the most popular “shamans” in Iquitos. In the 10 ceremonies I participated in the small Shipibo settlement of Vencedor, on the river Pisqui, I did not see a single patient drink ayahuasca.

In the lodges, everything revolves around the drinking of ayahuasca, which is known as the “Medicine,” capitalized for emphasis. A client may drink it up to six times in ten days, which is exorbitant in local terms. In some lodges they do not adhere to the practice of “diets” (the abstention from sex and certain foods), nor do they give the patients medicinal plants other than ayahuasca, even though those two practices are locally regarded as crucial for an effective cure with ayahuasca.

The Purge and the Visions

The inhabitants of the region refer to ayahuasca as the “purge,” which is a metonymy for the main effect of drinking ayahuasca: the expulsion, through defecation and vomiting, of the “filth” in the patient’s stomach, which is related in turn to his or her bad energies; it is a purge both of the body and spirit. The term mareación (dizziness/nausea) refers to the physical effects of the plant. On a local level, drinkers also seek to have visions but, generally, it is only to discover the cause of the illness the person is suffering from or ascertain whether a relative who is not present in the ritual is or is not well.

For Westerners, the main attraction is DMT, the active ingredient in chacruna, the jungle plant which is cooked with the ayahuasca, and to which the visions are attributed. It is not so easy to see visions; however, the obsession foreign novices have with visions exerts pressure on the ayahuasqueros and, in order to meet their expectations, in some cases, they add another plant to the usual mixture of the ayahuasca vine and the chacruna leaf: toé (Brugsmansia sp.), which contains scopolamine, said to intensify the visions but with possible dangerous side effects.

This bias towards visions and DMT clashes with the ethnographical evidence of local use. The terms most widely used for the medicinal brew—ayahuasca (in Peru and Brazil) and yajé (in Colombia)—refer both to the vine and to the brew itself, whether or not it contains chacruna. Some ethnic groups only cook the vine, without any additives, like the Tucano Oriental, the Marubo, the Achuar and the Matsiguenga. The latter’s word for the vine, kamarampi, means “the medicine for vomiting.”2

Date: December 09, 2017 09:56AM

We Asked a Veteran Peruvian Ayahuasca Shaman About Dumb Tourists

[www.vice.com]

Ayahuasca Tourism Is Ripping Off Indigenous Amazonians

Some groups are pissed about the influx of Westerners visiting the Amazon to dress up like the indigenous people and bastardize their rituals.

[www.vice.com]

Crappy Ayahuasca Shamans Can Kill You

[www.vice.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2017 10:04AM by corboy.

Date: December 22, 2017 10:04AM

In a discussion of new wave gurus, such as Bentinho Massaro, one
person mentioned Trinity De Guzman and mentioned his or her own reasons for once feeling attracted to the scene.

[www.reddit.com]

–][deleted] 3 points 12 days ago
Used to really dig Bentinho a couple years ago. That was when I was desperately trying to find a story for what was happening. Same kind of affection was there for Trinity De Guzman who was at one point trying to start an Ayahuasca church in the US. They were young guys who, in my eyes, were in on this mass Awakening that made some people special.

I was desperately trying to find a story to be special. So there was an exchange from wanting to be special for the sake of my talents or ambitions to wanting to be special for having discovered some great truth.

There was also a sneaky kind of envy with regards to Bentinho and Trinity because it had been an ambition to also launch out with some sort of preaching. I wanted to sell it, badly, and my image of being a light worker right along with it. It was something not only to make myself feel special but to sell others on my sense of being special.

Then, feeling guilty for my own ambition, I grew annoyed with Bentinho and any of the other younger guys (like Infinite Waters and GoldJacketLuke), stewing in a strange hypocrisy.

Anyway, it seems to me that Bentinho, Trinity and others like that are still trying to figure themselves out in this whole thing. There's a personal story still playing out. There's a personal story playing out for anyone who buys their products. This is the same (and I'm guessing, don't take my word for it) for anyone who buys into the specialness of someone else.

There's such a beauty to not being special, to being no one in particular, to getting so lost in the character that there isn't a sense of self. That's the stuff that sells, because, despite what the awakening story is, we didn't come here to realize we've always been here. We know that. That's why it feels like remembering. We came to forget who we are.,,,

Date: May 05, 2018 09:54PM

The Bizarre Murder Case of a Revered Ayahuasca Shaman

[www.vice.com]

Peru Prosecutors Say Canadian Killed by Lynch Mob May Have Shot Ayahuasca Shaman

[www.vice.com]

Posted by: JosephSmith ()
Date: December 03, 2018 10:18AM

It's worth mentioning that Ayahuasca Healings (Trinity de Guzman's group) is an affiliate group of the Oklevueha Native American church. I made a thread called "Oklevueha NAC death toll" with an overview of ONAC's illegal practices. Trinity's group is just a fraction of what is going on.

I used to be a member of another ONAC affiliate. Definitely a cult. Glad that I left.

princecurt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I met a guy who went on a retreat and used this
> stuff. He was completely screwed up by it. Not
> sure he will ever recover.

He can recover. I was part of an affiliate group that did similar things. I'm not sure if I'll ever get over my old thinking patterns, but he can get get better. Trust me. It's a matter of time till something goes wrong and he snaps out of that. At least that is what happened to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2018 10:21AM by JosephSmith.

Date: July 16, 2019 10:49AM

Trinity is still at it. He's married with children now and uses that fact as part of his ongoing sales and branding.

He says that his Ayahuasca Healings venture in USA never did earn DEA permission. That they have not heard from the DEA since November 2016.

Trinity de Guzman penned a lengthy "humble confession". It's b.s. He pretends to apologize to the people that he has ripped off. But the "confession" is actually a long long sales manipulative pitch.

[web.archive.org]

Trinity is still selling unsafe ayahuasca retreats in Peru. He also sells "post retreat coaching".

Gabriel Ng continues to be an enthusiastic promoter.

Marc Shackman now works at a sketchy drug resort in Hawaii.

One of the many red flags about these folks is that they all extol the supposed virtues of constantly being in "bliss". No thank you. This sets up unrealistic expectations and instability. Along with priming people to be easily persuaded and manipulated.

Date: September 01, 2020 06:20AM

According to Ayahuasca Healings’ pseudo-messaianic figurehead, Trinity de Guzman, there is a deep cleanse happening right now to karmically pay for the pain and suffering we humans have caused and brought upon the planet.

“The Corona Virus is a necessary purge of what is no longer in resonance,” Trinity wrote in a recent email to his followers. “As these souls return back to the Source, those who are left have the choice to continue in our old ways, or to create a DRASTIC re-evaluation of all that is important to us and all that drives and motivates us.”

This purge, Trinity wrote, will identify those who are willing to be part of “birthing a New Era” and shows the “NEED for us to do the work we are doing.” While it’s not entirely clear what type of “work” he’s referencing, in particular, Trinity has spent more than a few years working to craft an image of himself as some type of “plant medicine” guru.

[www.psymposia.com]

This entire article is worth reading, including mention of our work here.

Trinity's former partner Marc Shackman's occupations now are real estate, cannabis, and New Age tourism.

Current Page: 30 of 31

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.