Current Page: 29 of 31
Re: Trinity de Guzman - Ayahuasca Healings (WA, USA)
Posted by: liminal ()
Date: October 24, 2016 12:59AM

Some reported good experiences down there. But two people — Sulastri de Andrade, who hosted some of Trinity's retreats, and Clifton Thomas, who attended one — says they were a mess.

For one thing, the leaders were inexperienced. One was living in a tent before Trinity took her in, another was a street performer, playing music in the town plaza with a group of "hippies," Sulastri said, and another was a "Rambo Kung fu shaman" — just some young tough guy who knew Tai Chi.

Sulastri said it was downright irresponsible. A guy passed out the day after a ceremony, and Trinity's crew didn't respond well. "Clearly what [the sick guy] needed was to go to the hospital due to altitude sickness, low sugar and fatigue," Sulastri says. But Trinity and his crew didn't do that. "He was writhing on the ground and they were beating drums over him."

Trinity maintains they did the right thing — that what the sick guy needed wasn't glucose and oxygen, but spiritual help.

"Each of us has our own unique healing ability," Trinity adds, "whether it's sound healing or invocations or performing reiki" — a pseudo-scientific energetic massage. "We were working with our angels."

Cult leader or religious savior? This pro-drug exile is being called both.

via [forums.ayahuasca.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 24, 2016 09:36PM

The problem is not just the drug in question; it is the kinds of people attracted
to the profits to be made from selling both the drug and its alleged mystique.

The original custodians of ayahuasca refuse to glory in its powers and refuse to profit from it.

With this attitude and the refusal to profit from ayahuasca, there was no incentive to offer the plant except as needed within its community.

As soon as finaancial transactions and public careers and bragging rights are tied to ayahuasca, it is no longer in its original context. Ayahuasca is now in the kind of context that will attract opportunists.

Date: January 06, 2017 11:49PM

In recent videos Trinity tells us that he has ended a relationship and that this is a good thing. He says he is in northern Thailand. I suppose if we asked him how he affords all this travel, he would claim that he "manifested".

I'll paste in below a copy of some of his text rhetoric that is posted with a video. I'm not able to sit through a half hour Trinity video but I do note that he is working on growing a mustache and soul patch. Perhaps Trinity is updating his image, perhaps trying to look older and more hip.

How to Receive - The Secret To Manifesting All You Desire In Life

"All you have in life is what you believe you deserve. Nothing less, nothing more"

How to receive... This is the ultimate question. There is nothing more important than being able to expand your capacity to receive in life.

In today's video, we go in-depth and answer this question, of how to receive the life you've always dreamed of.

But the real question is, why do we have such a hard time receiving? Where do we have blocks to receiving in our life? And ultimately, how can we expand our capacity to receive?

There are many tools that I share with you in today's video, to teach you how to bring more consciousness to your receiving, so that you can have more of all the things you desire in your life. Whether this is money, that job you want, the relationship you desire, or more joy, love and freedom in your heart, this all comes down to your capacity to receive.

We are taught in society that "it's better to give than to receive" but is that really true? We look at this in depth, and bring light to where this comes from, and if this really serves you and supports you in your journey.

Do you stop others from giving to you? Do you feel uncomfortable when others try to give to you? Do you reject gifts from others?

Our job is to consciously open ourselves to receive, again and again, and in today's video, I share with you why you may have these blocks to receiving, and what you can do, today, to start expanding your capacity to allow all that you want to come to you.

This is truly the path to the life you dream of, your deepest purpose and joy in the world.

This is all familiar territory for Trinity. He continues to beat the drum of "The Secret", "Law of Attraction", "manifesting".

Date: May 11, 2017 03:14AM

So I take it. Trinty and his friends took our money and got rich. Now the rest of us are still yet to get an experince

Recent post from Facebook group "Ayahuasca Healings is not legal and fraudulent practitioner warnings"

Date: May 11, 2017 03:26AM

Some quotes from [www.justanswer.com] concerning Trinity de Guzman's company Your Highest Truth Healings Inc. DBA Ayahuasca Healings:

I purchased a retreat in Peru.
12 days before I was to leave I received a video blog update stating that the clinician that was going to be conducting the retreat was no longer and it was going to be moved to a different location which was still undisclosed.
Hence, this was no longer anywhere near what I had originally purchased.

I emailed the retreat company with no answer upon refunding me. I then did more research on this company and discover that they have been scamming people And holding these retreats illegally there are several accredited articles as well as video blogs some former employees stating as such. As well as a Facebook support group for people who have been scammed by them.

I then email the company back because I was not getting any phone calls returned stating what I had found and that if I did not receive any correspondence I would contact an attorney.

Then I did receive an email back sitting I would be refunded fully in 5 to 10 business days yesterday was the 10th day. I sent an email that morning telling him I would be expecting the money at the end of the day otherwise I would have to pursue this further and I didn't receive an email back .

So that I had sent another email upon which the owner once again did tell me that they would refund me but it was going to take another 5 to 10 business days and if I could be patient.

Basically saying they didn't have the money and if I were to go into dispute I wouldn't get my money back because of the disclaimer of canceling a retreat with in the allotted amount of time.

Quotes from reply:

You do have an issue here. You have a case for breach of contract and also for unfair and deceptive practices and they are trying to bully you regarding not suing them. If they fail to provide a service contracted for and then make substantial changes to the terms of the contract as you specified above, they are in breach of the contract and you are entitled to sue if they refuse to provide your refund.

The problem is that if they are in Canada which is where their actual location is it seems, to sue them you would need an attorney in Canada to do so

If you charged this by credit card, this could be your best recourse because you can call the credit company and report this as fraud and ask the credit card company to do a charge back

Ayahuasca Mystique "Capitalism at its crudest".
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 06, 2017 10:22PM

[www.highsnobiety.com]

Bruce went home with a feeling of anxiety. He was fixed now. Right? Everything was better, no? The missing pieces of the puzzle were all in place, surely? Of course they were. That’s what happens when you drink ayahuasca. Except that Bruce quickly realized it wasn’t all better.

He felt fantastic for two weeks: light, airy, free of anxiety, his internal monologue had quietened. He felt at ease with himself, but going back into his everyday routine he encountered the same problems that drove him to drink ayahuasca in the first place. So he went back another dozen times searching for The Solution.

And he would encounter many of the same people again and again and again. New ones would come, then they would return. Probably because, like Bruce, they were chasing a blissed-out state of Nirvana that they had been promised by other ayahuasca acolytes.

And I’m not exaggerating here, aya devotees speak about the drug in the sort of absolutist hyperbole common to religious fundamentalists. Think Christian televangelists only softer, more hippy-like, less fire-and-brimstone and more infinite love. Yes, it’s fairly benign, but there’s a soft fanaticism to it that makes Bruce wary.

Now this is Bruce’s problem with the ayahuasca community: they so desperately want to believe in all this New Age spiritual nonsense, that they have to tell other people loudly and forcefully that yes, this is The Answer, just so they can drown out the sound of their own cognitive dissonance. There’s an unspoken fatwa among ayahuasca drinkers that denounces this sort of critical thinking. It’s very cultish and cults have little time for dissidents.

Bruce doesn’t think they’re bad people, they’re just misguided and desperate to validate something that gives them a feeling of security in a terrifying world. But by doing this they set other people up for disappointment. And there are some truly desperate people that seek out ayahuasca ceremonies.

What’s often overlooked is that ayahuasca powers an entire micro-tourism industry

[www.theguardian.com]

that has sprung up in the Amazon. Opportunistic shaman prey on naive Westerners for cash and compete with each other by sometimes using dangerous ingredients to create ever-stronger brews that will reel in customers that want more bang for their buck. People have died as a result.

[www.mensjournal.com]

This isn’t magic, it’s capitalism at its crudest.

The point of this whole rant isn’t to try to put people off of ayahuasca or insult the people who worship it – not at all. Bruce thinks it certainly has its benefits and would recommend it to everyone. Bruce just thinks that there’s a lot of vested interests out there trying to sell easy answers to complex problems, and too few people scrutinizing their hyperbolic claims.

Ayahuasca is almost certainly not going to magically make all of your problems go away. Neither are anti-depressants. Your psychiatrist is not your Fairy Godmother. We live in a transaction-oriented culture where we’re taught that if you buy this shoe you will feel cool. If you wear this perfume you will feel sexy. If you take Zoloft you will be fixed.

Life is much more complicated than that. That’s what they won’t tell you, because how do you sell someone an easy solution to complication? This is something that needs to be shouted loudly, clearly and often. Some problems can’t be solved, only managed. And accepting that is often the first step in moving forward.

Date: July 07, 2017 06:03AM

An example of how unsafe these events can be:

Ecuador: Shaman Found Guilty In Death of U.S. Citizen During Ayahuasca Ceremony

On June 8, 2017, a judicial court in Macas, Ecuador found shaman Miguel Chiriap guilty of culpable homicide in the death of U.S. citizen Leslie Allison. Leslie who was 35 years old at the time of her death is described by many as a “ray of light” and a “free spirit”. She attended an ayahuasca ceremony tour that was to last from January 12, 2016 through January 25th, 2016. However, on January 14, 2016, during the ceremony she became seriously ill and she subsequently passed away.

Leslie Allison’s death was initially reported as an accident and a result of a bad reaction to ingredients in the ayahuasca. An autopsy revealed that Ms. Allison actually died from a broken neck due to “severe blunt force trauma”.

[latinamericacurrentevents.com]

Originally, Leslie's death was reported as accidental, the result of a poor reaction to the herbs and other ingredients in the ayahuasca, or perhaps a heart defect. However, during the autopsy by Dr. Katherine Pacheco, it was found that the cause of death was a broken neck due to severe blunt force trauma. Additionally, Leslie had sustained massive bruising over her body, including bruising of the lungs, and a nearly two-inch open wound to her chin.

According to a witness, no medical attention was sought and the organizers did not call authorities to report the death immediately. The time of death was approximately 10:00pm Thursday per the autopsy and authorities were contacted Friday. Instead, her clothes were changed and body moved to a hidden area. Suspicious of Miguel Chiriap, the only person present with Leslie at her death, investigators interviewed and charged him with culpable homicide.

[www.prnewswire.com]

Date: July 07, 2017 10:10AM

Trinity apparently is currently operating out of Peru. Trinity markets ayahuasca events with El Camino Sagrado in Peru. Participants have to be members of Trinity's "Ayahuasca Healings Church" in order to attend.

The US Dept of State has this caution concerning ayahuasca tourism in Peru:

Ayahuasca tourism is increasingly popular in Peru, but poorly regulated. Be aware of the risks involved. While popular media highlights its use as a spiritually liberating or medically beneficial agent, many users have reported severe/negative physical and psychological effects from using this powerful hallucinogen. Participants in ayahuasca tours have reported being physically or sexually assaulted, or robbed.

[travel.state.gov]

Trinity is also working to go into the cancer quack business:

Is There A Cure For Cancer?

The government and pharmaceutical industry has been
LYING to you. Discover the truth, click the button below:
Click Here "I Want To Know More" »

Since 2007 a proven cure for cancer has existed.

It has been tested on over 1000 patients in Germany, with over 80% healing success with almost every type of cancer. (lung, prostate, cervical, breast, skin, liver, thyroid, etc)

Enter your name and email below to discover what it is, how it works, and how you can bring your body back to balance & wholeness,
easier than you think.

[trinity.leadpages.co]

Date: July 08, 2017 03:06AM

Trinity's description of a tantric center he attended in Thailand:

“Life changing in so many countless ways. One of the greatest things I've ever done for myself, after 10 years of walking the spiritual path and experiencing retreats from around the world, is meeting Maha Siddha, and attending their retreats. I've attended 2 already in 2 months, and will keep coming back. An absolute must if you are called to the tantric path. The gratitude I have for meeting Uriel and Blandine, the teachers at Maha Siddha Chiang Mai, fills my heart beyond any words can express.”

- Trinity DeGuzman, Peru

[www.meetup.com]

This is the center [www.tantrayogathailand.com]

Posted by: princecurt ()
Date: July 11, 2017 12:01AM

I met a guy who went on a retreat and used this stuff. He was completely screwed up by it. Not sure he will ever recover.

Current Page: 29 of 31

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.