The Manifester/ ~beloved collective~
Posted by: tripealiscious ()
Date: March 30, 2011 06:56AM

We have just discovered what we feel is a cult using a celebrity within our industry to do something that we can't quite put together - it's a little LGAT, some NRM, a little bit cult of celebrity. I have discussed this group/these individuals with a professor of sociology of religion and world expert on cults and he agrees this looks like a cult. Huge groups are attending seminars and workshops and coming out the other end brainwashed. The Manifester is this celebrity's personal guru and the celebrity has been using industry conferences to sign up individuals for his private workshops during which they are practicing various techniques including regression therapy and mass induction, then instructing people to go out and use the techniques on clients, which is not only unethical but reprehensible.

We've reported them to a number of consumer alert/fraud organizations but there is very little they can do until/unless someone on the inside reports it or gets hurt - so far, they're coming out to me but afraid to speak publicly. Many of our colleagues and friends are being sucked into it and we're not really sure what to do.

I personally belonged to a Lifesprings-type group for a little under 2 years and it's like having a bad flashback - people talk like zombies after the workshops and invest every penny they have in getting more more more. I got in and out of my own accord in my late teens and early 20s but didn't realize it was a cult until years later. Any advice on how I can get involved and get this group registered and listed somewhere as a cult so people don't think I'm off my rocker would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.