Re: The ENTIRE official Byron Katie Story is literally hearsay
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: September 02, 2009 04:05AM

One of the things all of these LGAT's do, is try to disconnect people from their own everyday common sense, their "horse sense". They even try to make common sense, into the enemy.
That is because basic common sense, is often enough to kill their sales process.

So they make ridiculous laughable claims without any proof, about instant enlightenment, magic cockroaches, never reading a book, as they want to target an audience who seems to want to reject basic everyday common sense.

Its very similar to high-pressure sales techniques.
For example, there is a sales company called Direct Buy, who use very high-pressure sales techniques, in where they try to get people to sign a 3-year contract on the spot, and if they don't sign, then they say they will NEVER "allow" them to join in the future.
"After the fee disclosure, we discovered that we had to sign up on the spot or never come back" [blogs.consumerreports.org]
That is a very simple, and basic high-pressure sales technique, yet unfortunately, some people fall for it.
Instead, the INSTANT anyone sees any of these high-pressure sales techniques, they should just walk-away and leave.

Its the same with the LGAT. One doesn't need 10,000 pieces of information. As soon as the ridiculous instant enlightenment fairy tales start, as soon as the sales-techniques start, that's it.
And the more the salespeople and members of the LGAT try to confuse you, the sooner one needs to get the hell out of there.
Even just using basic common sense is enough in many cases.
Which is why they try to get rid of your basic common sense up front.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and Eckhart Tolle Legit??
Posted by: Meadow ()
Date: September 02, 2009 04:30AM

Yet another Tweet from BK:

Peace is scary, there's no self-induced adrenaline in it. Who would u b w/o your story?

It sounds like self-induced adrenaline is not a good thing, since it makes people think that peace is scary. But what is self-induced adrenaline? How does she come up with all this nonsense?

BTW this is how she works on people's guilt, giving them the sense they are doing something wrong and they are not good enough, with her clever so-called profound statements. And of course the only that is going to save them is her work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2009 04:32AM by Meadow.

Posted by: Christa ()
Date: September 03, 2009 12:23AM

TarSpiel
Meadow
Byron Katie's last twitter post:

Forgiveness is discovering that what you thought happened, didn’t. You realize that there was never anything to forgive.

Oh my God, when will this woman ever listen to her own advice and live up to it? These are no more than spiritual marketing blurbs that don't mean a thing.

DANGER WILL ROBINSON!! URGENT! DAMAGE CONTROL MODE! DANGER! DANGER!!
Oh NOEZ! Our mind-controlled facilitators are beginning to wake up! A recording of Katie's total batshit craziness is on the web for all to hear! What are we going to do!?!

I know! I'll go to Rick Ross's forum and start a meaningless discussion about the definition of forgiveness! No one will notice that I showed up less than 24 hours after Christa posted the link to the recording! I'll distract people, and demonstrate how close-minded the other posters in this thread are!It'll be a double win!

Listen, TarTroll, you're going to have to do better than this. Almost 2000 people have viewed this thread since August 28. Your clever little plan isn't working. (I know, I know, I'm paranoid and bigoted for thinking you're a troll.)

Well, I'm not. You're a troll, troll.

Whether you think so or not.

You are here to distract us from discussing this tape, to make a case for Katie, and to lie about who you are and what you're doing.

Everyone, I think this is more a BestLife/RandomStu troll than a Kassy troll. This guy's here protecting his income. And his psyche, from the knowledge that he's invested so much time and energy in a fraud. (He's just read one book, my Aunt Fanny.)

TarSpiel, Tar Baby..... we get some mighty literary trolls around here, trolls who read Uncle Remus and speak rudimentary German. Fascinating, in a pathetic kind of way.

Here's the link to the Byron Katie July 22nd Facilitator Teleconference again:

[uploading.com]

Please, someone, post a transcript.

Date: September 03, 2009 01:01AM

I just found this on Guruphiliac, it was posted on August 22nd:

My sister just went to Bryon Katie's The School. She had to leave The School and be taken to a psychiatric hospital. She has always struggled with depression, but never has she ever had manic behavior or hallucinations.... My family started looking up information about this "conference" she went to and we are seriously disturbed by what we have read. My sister is currently refusing to take her medication because Bryon Katie's suggestion to not take medication that you "don't need." Except that abruptly stopping anti-depressants or any medications of this nature is extremely dangerous. I understand that the exercises of this program are all voluntary, but I also know that suggesting these exercises can be extremely dangerous. I'm sure The Work has helped many people in accepting the trauma in life that they cannot change. But clearly these "exercises" are extreme and dangerous for people searching for a magical absolution of their problems.

Date: September 03, 2009 01:29AM

Christa you ROCK!!!

Am working on the transcript, it will take me a couple of days.

Date: September 03, 2009 01:30AM

Meadow
I just found this on Guruphiliac, it was posted on August 22nd:

My sister just went to Bryon Katie's The School. She had to leave The School and be taken to a psychiatric hospital. She has always struggled with depression, but never has she ever had manic behavior or hallucinations.... My family started looking up information about this "conference" she went to and we are seriously disturbed by what we have read. My sister is currently refusing to take her medication because Bryon Katie's suggestion to not take medication that you "don't need." Except that abruptly stopping anti-depressants or any medications of this nature is extremely dangerous. I understand that the exercises of this program are all voluntary, but I also know that suggesting these exercises can be extremely dangerous. I'm sure The Work has helped many people in accepting the trauma in life that they cannot change. But clearly these "exercises" are extreme and dangerous for people searching for a magical absolution of their problems.

Here is the link: [guruphiliac.blogspot.com]

Posted by: N. Owis ()
Date: September 03, 2009 01:31AM

Christa
This guy's here protecting his income. And his psyche ...

... and his wife?

Posted by: TarSpiel ()
Date: September 03, 2009 03:29AM

Christa
TarSpiel

Listen, TarTroll, you're going to have to do better than this. Almost 2000 people have viewed this thread since August 28. Your clever little plan isn't working. (I know, I know, I'm paranoid and bigoted for thinking you're a troll.)

Well, I'm not. You're a troll, troll.

You are here to distract us from discussing this tape, to make a case for Katie, and to lie about who you are and what you're doing.

Everyone, I think this is more a BestLife/RandomStu troll than a Kassy troll. This guy's here protecting his income. And his psyche, from the knowledge that he's invested so much time and energy in a fraud. (He's just read one book, my Aunt Fanny.)

TarSpiel, Tar Baby..... we get some mighty literary trolls around here, trolls who read Uncle Remus and speak rudimentary German. Fascinating, in a pathetic kind of way.

Wow.

Just...wow.

Posted by: quackdave ()
Date: September 03, 2009 04:25AM

Christa

And therein lies the big point! Just my two cents, but the names troll, sock-puppet, disruptor, distractor, trouble-maker and the like are just descriptions. Their handiwork is evident to us, whether they are aware of what they are doing or not.

I challenge the individual known as TarSpiel to go to the beginning of this thread and use his brain (the one that acquired the credentials mentioned) to do some reasoning. First thing you will notice is that you have been acting EXACTLY the way the disruptors have. The next will be the preponderance of evidence (and links to same) that no matter how good one minor aspect of the BKI organization's offerings made you feel, there is a lot more going on with Katie than meets the eye. In fact, I challenge you to post no more 'wows' or 'gee-whizzes' until you do this research. Just a challenge; you will, no doubt, do what you want.

I wanted to say this, also: during my life there was an old woman (a relative) who could say nothing bad about Al Capone. She would go on and on about how good he made the poor people in the neighborhood feel. Yeah? Swell. She probably never saw her husband get his head beaten literally to a pulp by this monster with a baseball bat. So much for good feelings.

Oh, yes, and thanks Christa and Meadow for bringing this newest information to light. Please continue.

qd

Posted by: Cruz ()
Date: September 03, 2009 04:25AM

TarSpiel
All BK is doing, as far as I can tell, is having people examine their stories about facts and seeing if the stories are true or not. And it's pretty clear that a lot of times, the stories we tell ourselves about the facts just aren't true.

I suppose here you are also referring to people inquiring into Byron Katie’s ‘life story’, ultimately exposing the racket?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.