Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and Eckhart Tolle Legit??
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 01, 2009 11:02PM

TarSpiel:

You have read one book and watched some YouTube and you state, "I think that the work can achieve some profound results."

That does seem like a "sock-puppet" here to promote Katie.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Byron Katie (the Work) boxes of books in the basement
Posted by: Meadow ()
Date: September 01, 2009 11:30PM

TarSpiel
The Anticult
There appears to be some new information posted on the Janaki blog?
Its written in red, in the middle of the page, linked below.
Its about how one of the houses in Barstow, the basement was filled with boxes of books of this kind of material.
Now of course, the trained eye can see the direct copying, and slight modifcation of various techniques, as has been shown many times in this thread

So which is it? She had a whole basement full of Ken Keyes' books from time immemorial, or she was given one of his books at the halfway house?

Hard to decide, since both claims are based on hearsay.

If you would care to do some more reading and find out for yourself from Janaki's weblog, then you would understand that the point is not that BK had books and was reading them. The point is that Stephen Mitchell claims that anyone who knows Byron Katie, knows that she doesn't read books.

Posted by: TarSpiel ()
Date: September 02, 2009 12:06AM

rrmoderator
TarSpiel:

You have read one book and watched some YouTube and you state, "I think that the work can achieve some profound results."

Well, that's my opinion from what I've seen of it, and how I've seen the work affect some of my own thought processes. I'm not saying you should share that opinion, but at the same time I'll remain critical of what seem to me superficial critiques of it.

I have some reservations about her school and about the financial wing of her enterprise, and it's also bothersome to me that Stephen Mitchell, a lifelong proponent of "Loving What Is", evidently left his wife Vicki in order to be with BK. All that is stuff I wonder about.

If you want to see me as a sock-puppet, go ahead. It really doesn't matter to me at all.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 02, 2009 12:24AM

TarSpiel:

"superficial critiques"?

Seems like a sock-puppet response to me.

There is much more than superficial critiques posted here, the criticism of Katie runs deep.

Perhaps Katie fulfills some personal need for you and essentially makes you feel good.

And that subjective experience is all you ultimately care about, rather than any meaningful analysis.

Many people involved with self-styled gurus like Katie seem to think like that.

Posted by: N. Owis ()
Date: September 02, 2009 12:28AM

TarSpiel
The Anticult
(...) in Barstow, the basement was filled with boxes of books of this kind of material. Now of course, the trained eye can see the direct copying, and slight modifcation of various techniques, as has been shown many times in this thread

So which is it? She had a whole basement full of Ken Keyes' books from time immemorial, or she was given one of his books at the halfway house? Hard to decide, since both claims are based on hearsay.

Although this may be based on hearsay, that doesn't mean it isn't true. It could even be possible she was reading books before the halfway house, which would only make the deception bigger ...

Posted by: Meadow ()
Date: September 02, 2009 12:38AM

TarSpiel
rrmoderator
TarSpiel:

Well, that's my opinion from what I've seen of it, and how I've seen the work affect some of my own thought processes. I'm not saying you should share that opinion, but at the same time I'll remain critical of what seem to me superficial critiques of it.

I have some reservations about her school and about the financial wing of her enterprise, and it's also bothersome to me that Stephen Mitchell, a lifelong proponent of "Loving What Is", evidently left his wife Vicki in order to be with BK. All that is stuff I wonder about.

If you want to see me as a sock-puppet, go ahead. It really doesn't matter to me at all.

Just like BK divorced husband Paul after she met Stephen Mitchell. She probably forgot to do the work on him.

Posted by: TarSpiel ()
Date: September 02, 2009 12:54AM

rrmoderator
TarSpiel:

"superficial critiques"?

Seems like a sock-puppet response to me.

There is much more than superficial critiques posted here, the criticism of Katie runs deep.

I'm sure there are more than superficial critiques of her...that's why I'm here.

But stuff like "She doesn't believe in objective reality" and "she tries to get people to deny that anything happened" qualify in my mind as superficial. There can be both superficial ones and significant critiques...I'm more interested in the significant ones. The Large-Group stuff you posted yesterday strikes me as very insightful...and I'm still processing that.

Posted by: N. Owis ()
Date: September 02, 2009 01:01AM

TarSpiel
(...) it's also bothersome to me that Stephen Mitchell, a lifelong proponent of "Loving What Is", evidently left his wife Vicki in order to be with BK. All that is stuff I wonder about.

Since Stephen Mitchell was somewhat known for re-writing existing material, this may indicate that deep down he is an aspiring author. When he met Byron Katie (incidentally, fact is that both left their respective spouses for each other), he may have seen BK as his ticket to a long-anticipated form of recognition, albeit by association.

Posted by: Cruz ()
Date: September 02, 2009 01:27AM

N. Owis
TarSpiel
The Anticult
(...) in Barstow, the basement was filled with boxes of books of this kind of material. Now of course, the trained eye can see the direct copying, and slight modifcation of various techniques, as has been shown many times in this thread

So which is it? She had a whole basement full of Ken Keyes' books from time immemorial, or she was given one of his books at the halfway house? Hard to decide, since both claims are based on hearsay.

Although this may be based on hearsay, that doesn't mean it isn't true. It could even be possible she was reading books before the halfway house, which would only make the deception bigger ...

Because people have signed Code of Ethics/confidentiality-contracts, it can only be labeled ‘hearsay’. The very same people do speak out though.

The ENTIRE official Byron Katie Story is literally hearsay
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: September 02, 2009 03:26AM

Its unfortunate that real analysis gets pushed aside by the same old patterns/games that have been seen dozens of times. Its the identical pattern as what was done previously in the thread.
Unfortunately, this is obviously a reincarnation of the sock-puppet episode from before, and will probably lead to pages of pointless distraction.
It ain't gonna stop.

And of course BK had all sorts of books before, during and after the Byron Katie story of her Half-Way house marketing Story. Every New Age Junky has a basement full of books. The claim that Byron Katie did not read books, is simply a made-up Story. Its fiction, meant to portray her as an Idiot Savant, and Walk-In Spirit.
Like they say, if you are going to lie, tell a Big Lie, as then people might believe it.

She also directly copied the standard LGAT seminar models, after attending dozens of LGAT seminars, like every other LGAT seminar junkie in the 1980's. Byron Katie was just very clever, and a businessperson, so she saw what was going on very quickly and decided she could make far more money doing her own type of seminars, than selling real estate. Its the exact same pattern of every other professional SALESPERSON who starts up their own seminar company. They instantly see the CASH being made.
Its also stokes her Ego and need for attention to be a guru, which can be seen as she loves it when people are on their knees, and even publically brags about having her own picture on an altar in her own living room. She wants to be the center of the New Age.
She uses every technique in the book to deeply inject herself into people's minds, and she tries to do it for life.

And its so laughable about hearsay. BYRON KATIE IS HEARSAY. The ENTIRE official Byron Katie Story is literally hearsay. Every claim she has ever made is hearsay and testimonials and anecdotes.
The cockroach story is hearsay. Its a concocted story, a tall tale, which forms the open loops for the rest of the Byron Katie Tall Tales.
Every single Story Byron Katie tells about herself, literally is hearsay. There is no proof for any of it, and that is deliberate, so its uncheckable.

There is 1000x the facts in this thread, than all of Byron Katie's material put together.

And Byron Katie does literally claim there is no objective reality, which is obvious to anyone who does some honest research into what she has said and written.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.