Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and Eckhart Tolle Legit??
Posted by: quackdave ()
Date: July 09, 2009 04:43AM

"Just the facts..." would be a Dragnet quote, and very pertinent to this thread and all the others.

The 'fact' that a blog has appeared that has such a confession is unfortunate. When I was a young trouble-maker, we used to do things in that spirit. I'm glad that most of us stop acting like juvenile delinquents after our teen years. Were it not so, this whole world would be like one endless Halloween night, with flaming bags of crap and pumpkins hurtling by.

On topic, I am glad I follow this thread. The peripheral information, which comes up during the conversations about the techniques used by Byron Katie et al, has been very rewarding and thought provoking. Thinking is somewhat new to some of us who have spent a lifetime letting folks like Katie and Tolle do our thinking for us.

A few of the very latest posts have served in giving me some hope in the continuance of my maintaining freedom from the clutches of these extremely wily salespeople. I, too, have left seminars with a bag of junk and a lighter wallet.

qd

Options: ReplyQuote
Byron Katie (the Work) www.theultimatecoach.net Steve Hardison
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: July 09, 2009 05:05AM

Steve Hardison.
the Supreme-Super-Duper-Uber-Mega legendary Ultimate Coach Steve Hardison.

[Byron Katie, Steve Hardison, $1,500 hr coaching, Psychological Warfare]
[forum.culteducation.com]

There are many LGAT companies, who have all sorts of secret, hidden "programs" where they upsell high-end clients, into worthless things like "coaching" and charge them $150K, or as much as they will pay.
They will charge you $500,000 if you will hand it over.
If you can borrow 500K against your home, they will find a way to take it. That happens all the time.
They have "memberships" and private clubs, everything.

But they generally do NOT post that information openly on the internet. That is all behind the scenes for the "special" clients.
Why post it openly?
Maybe instead of dealing with the riff-raff all day, for a mere $100 an hr, you filter out all of the riff-raff by saying openly you won't talk to anyone, unless they pay you $150,000 in advance with no refunds.
In sales...that is called QUALIFYING THE CUSTOMER, which bears repeating.

QUALIFY THE CUSTOMER.
QUALIFY THE CUSTOMER.
Don't waste you time with the riff-raff!! First lesson in sales.

If you were a SUPER-salesman...what would you rather do? Deal with 100 irritating riff-raff all day long and work for a living, or 1 high-end sucker...uh...customer?

So you Qualify the Customer in advance. How many high-end suckers...uh..clients does one need at $150,000 per client a year, paid in advance, no refunds?
Just a few.
You can then even tell a few Tall Tales about your dozens of clients and how busy you are, using Scarcity Marketing.

Then once you find some folks with lots of family money, who have more dollars then sense, then they generally have friends in the same situation.
Then you move into sales REFERRALS.

but as everyone should know, NO REFUNDS + PAID IN ADVANCE = SCAMOLA CITY Batman.
[forum.culteducation.com]
EVERY LEGIT person who works in any field of one-to-one consulting, like career consulting, says the #1 rule is to NEVER SIGN A "COACHING CONTRACT".
And NEVER PAY IN ADVANCE.
EVER.

That is simply a scamola. You pay a market rate, which for a top person might be the same as a psychologist, which can even be covered by insurance.
You pay at the end of EACH SESSION.
If you cancel with less than 24-48 hrs notice, you pay for one session.

You do NOT pay in advance.
You do NOT sign a contract.

all the rest, is simply sales-scamola-land.
Anyone who tries to pull that one, just needs to be told where to take a flying...you know.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2009 05:33AM by The Anticult.

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) www.theultimatecoach.net Steve Hardison
Date: July 09, 2009 05:43AM

also, its probably a very clever idea to post the clear price, and NO REFUNDS openly and on the contract.

Because if a client has a few sessions and then feels they are getting totally freaking RIPPED-OFF and wants a REFUND of their MONEY, and starts raising Cain, you just send their "people" to the website...

...and talk to the hand sucka...welcome to the School of hard knocks..

Byron Katie (the Work) Steve Chandler - 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Date: July 09, 2009 06:01AM

Wow...holy mackeral...look at these AMAZING Online Income Opportunities...from
MarketTorrent, All The Techniques For Building Your Online Income!
Steve Chandler - 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself

Can't you just smell those online $$$$$$$$$$$$$
Get rich quick selling crap on the internet, while you sleep!!!!!
Actually, even better, products that tell people they can get rich, that don't work.

In reality, the way to get rich on the internet, is to sell expensive products telling others how to get rich quick on the internet....products that don't work, so they keep buying more and more.

and also...WOW, look at this...

Its says below that the Supreme-Super-Duper-Uber-Mega legendary Ultimate Coach Steve Hardison...
is also Steve Chandler's coach, with a 4 year contract!!!
Talk about a suggestive Pre-Frame, to troll for suckers..uh..clients...
Wow, what a deal. 4 x $150K = $600,000.

They sure love to cross-promote eachother, with these suggestive Pre-Frames, to try and suggest others pay to take their own people to the seminars and coachings. Cross-marketing promotion.

BK: Incredible. So Steve, what is the School for the Work like?
Steve Hardison: Today in fact, happens to be my one-year anniversary having gone to it. [ Oh nice. ] A year ago today. [ Oh nice. ] [ Cheers ] **clank clank clank clank clank of glasses** And I thought it was β€” and I took my wife β€” and I thought it was the most extraordinary experience I've ever had in my life. Just extraordinary in looking at who I am as a human being. How to actually increase my personal peace, and to be present with my wife and my children. It was powerful. And then I had such a great experience going to that, that later in the same year in October, I took 21 of my clients* with me and we spent nine days in her School. That's how good it was."

[markettorrent.com]
Steve Chandler
-signed a four-year contract with his own coach, the legendary Steve Hardison at theultimatecoach.net
[stevechandler.com]

Steve Chandler - 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
[markettorrent.com]

Steve Chandler - Books:

100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Change Your Life Forever

100 Ways to Motivate Others
How Great Leaders Can Produce Insane Results Without Driving People Crazy

100 Ways to Create Wealth

The Story of You
And How to Create a New One

ReInventing Yourself
How To Become The Person You've Always Wanted To Be

The Joy Of Selling
Breakthrough Ideas That Lead To Success In Sales

Joy-Selling-Breakthrough-Ideas-Success/dp/1931741581

50 Ways to Create Great Relationships

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2009 06:09AM by The Anticult.

Byron Katie, Steve Chandler, the cover of TIME as Person of the Year?
Date: July 09, 2009 06:46AM

There is lots of talk of Steve Chandler and "hilarious comedy", here is some more.

Steve Chandler even gets a rather large endorsement from his coach and buddy, Steve Hardison.
But the question is, did Hardison get as BIG an endorsement from Chandler?

Also, if anyone needs an endorsement, for a mere $600,000 paid in advance over 4 years, that might be arranged.

β€œThe word is astonishing. Until I saw Steve Chandler speak, I would never have believed that you could successfully combine hilarious comedy with the most powerful transformational message I have ever heard.
This is one astonishing consultant. I fully expect to see him on the cover of TIME as Person of the Year within three years. He will completely alter the world of personal achievement.”

- Steven F. Hardison
President/CEO

and the Coaches, teach other wannabe coaches, how they THINK they can make more money coaching.
And they get their own buddies and friends, to write endorsements endorsing their endorser.

And they have mastered the Scarcity Marketing...they says its filled!
Only 9 people "chosen" to pay the $9,000 for 4 days...

:-) but maybe they can find a you a place...for a few more grand...so HURRY UP and DON'T THINK, times running out! scarcity, scarcity!!

yes, there is much HILARIOUS COMEDY to be had.
Notice the "tips" at the end, at how to raise your fees, and what happens.

1) get rid of the riff-raff.
2) more passive and obedience suckers..uh...clients...
3) REFERRALS, REFERRALS, REFERRALS.

______QUOTE excerpt for educational research and analysis________________
[www.stevechandler.com]
The Steve Chandler Coaching Prosperity School
* * * The Coaching School is filled * * *

Double Your Coaching Income
..."And like the other two, it will fill quickly. (And you can also be a consultant, public speaker or counselor to apply....)
This is a school for building a prosperous practice. How to get more clients, how to get bigger and better clients, how to expand services for existing clients, how to increase fees without losing business..."
"This school will fill up very quickly....the total fee is $9,000, but a $3,000 deposit will hold your place with the rest paid out over time. You get two very intense LIVE full day practice-building sessions June 26 and 27 and two more at the end of the six months."
[...]

RAISE YOUR FEES AND WHAT HAPPENS?

What happens, then, when they raise their fees? My experience has proven that some very good, counter-intuitive things happen:

1. More clients are drawn to your practice. Paradox!
2. The quality of your clients improves. (Heaven.)
3. ...
4. Clients are more committed to getting results so they
a. Listen better.
b. Follow recommendations more enthusiastically.
c. Show up on time for sessions and rarely cancel.
d. ...
e. Are more likely to spontaneously refer other clients.
f. Will refer people to you who are more suitable for your stronger
fees.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2009 06:53AM by The Anticult.

Steve Hardison $150K/year, 4 year contract (suckers only please)
Date: July 09, 2009 07:23AM

there is no bottom to this one.
Steve Chandler is constantly pumping the 4-year contract thing with Steve Hardison.

...an obvious VERY low-brow sales-tactic, to try and convince people with lots of dollars and not much sense, to sign-on to that ridiculous situation.
One should never ever sign a "coaching contract" for this type of so-called life-coaching. It is simply a scamola of the highest order, so if a person feels they have been ripped-off or scammed, they cannot get their money back.
That's it.

Notice there is NO ACCOUNTABILTY for the coaches performance. The "coach" could show up drunk to the session, or not even show up.
NO REFUNDS sucka.

This one is simply outrageous, and very low-brow stuff, but it probably works on a certain segment of the market.

(www.SteveChandler.com)
"In fact I have the ultimate coach, Steve Hardison. (www.theultimatecoach.net). I've had him off and on for years and we are currently in the middle of a four year contract. He has changed my life.."

[www.amazon.com]
"But who will coach the coaches?
30 Apr 2009 by Steve Chandler
Then to top it off, Steve Hardison (Chandler's coach, who charges $150K/year and is one of the top coaches in the world) made a surprise appearance on Saturday afternoon, and took things up another 3-4 octaves.."

Posted by: kassy ()
Date: July 09, 2009 07:58AM

I do want to add, and this is only my opinon, consider me a troll if you wish. What I read of the coercive persuasion article, yeah that is a nasty aspect of some human institutions and obviously non-mainstream groups. Since I haven't been a part of Byron Katie's I can't say one way or another.

[...]

The marathon things on LGATS also made alot of sense to me, just masking negative feelings and thoughs by trying to think positive does seem unhealthy. At the same time being stuck on negative thinking, such as feeling sorry for oneself, or angry thoughts can be addictive. I don't have any answers. But alot of the deep self-examination, and questioning of the ego seem really helpful to get out of engrained patterns in my own case. Byron Katie's method is but one example. Even if her group is using coercive persuasion, is a model LGAT doing all those things, if the methods work, why not use them? My mom goes to catholic church and prays to Mary, but she doesn't necessarily agree on contraception, or gay marriage with current church doctrine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2009 09:11AM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: July 09, 2009 08:32AM

"In fact I have the ultimate coach, Steve Hardison. (www.theultimatecoach.net). I've had him off and on for years and we are currently in the middle of a four year contract. He has changed my life.."

I very much doubt that Hardison is doing any coaching of Chandler. This is a sort of two-way shill operation with each one boosting the credibility of the other.
Also the punters need to see that someone- Chandler in this case- is willing to pay the ludicrous fee demanded, its intended to implant the idea that Hardison must have something really special to offer if Chandler, an 'accomplished coach' himself is taking advantage of this great offering of a four year non-refundable contract.

The guys who run the three card trick scams- otherwise known as 'chase the lady'- always have a shill, a plant in the audience to start off the game. Someone needs to break the ice before the real marks will try their luck and enter the game.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 09, 2009 09:08AM

Kassy:

If you want to argue that Margaret Singer is wrong in her distinctions regarding forms of persuasion do it another thread, which you can start on that subject.

Otherwise this thread is about Byron Katie.

I only posted the links for your education, not to sidetrack this thread to another subject.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2009 09:11AM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 09, 2009 11:15AM

Christa, thanks for correcting me on my TV trivia.

Good old Hawaii-Five-O. Am hearing the theme music in my head, right now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.