Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and Eckhart Tolle Legit??
Posted by: Meadow ()
Date: July 02, 2009 11:33PM

It is all so slick and slimy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: helpme2times ()
Date: July 02, 2009 11:38PM

Meadow
It is all so slick and slimy.
That is so interesting you are using those "s" words Meadow. Recently I've thought of a string of "s" words in connection with a couple of individuals mentioned in this thread:

smarmy sleazy snake-oil salesmen

:-D

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 02, 2009 11:39PM

One unspoken message is, we are not supposed to be afraid in an earthquake??

Wonder if if the Katie/Mitchells are so care free about earthquakes and so love them for what they are that they have chosen not to buy earthquake insurance, eh?

A few thoughts on earthquakes.

One, you'd better hope you have slippers by your bed.

For case a window breaks and glass shatters and lands on the floor, ya dont want to step in broken glass with bare feet.

I challenge anyone to do that and love what is.

Two, you'd better know how to turn off the gas main in your house or apartment.

Lemme tell you, when the 1971 quake hit in Southern California, it was around 7 am.

Mom was ordinarily a heavy sleeper. But that morning, she woke right up and roared, 'GET IN THE DOORWAY!!!'

I did.

There was a heavy cast-iron lantern on an iron chain that hung from the ceiling of the room where I stood in the doorway.

As I watched, I saw that heavy metal lantern bouncing hard, straining its iron chain and its fixture to the ceiling.

If that lantern had fetched loose and gone flying...no amount of positive thinking wouldve stopped it hitting the ground--or worse.

Later, my dad went up to the street and witnessed the aftershock. He said the asphalt pavement in front of our place was rippling.

Then, practical as always, my father went downstairs and into the basement. He checked the foundations to make certain everything was in place.

If anyone is living in an earthquake area, and they have brains in their heads, they are not gonna rejoice in an earthquake as being rocked in Mama's arms.

And if its an expensive big ass mansion, you bet your sweet bippy they or their house manager will phone in a seismic engineer and arrange an on site visit and assessment.

Real therapists dont talk about their families or who is at their parties, and they dont do celebrity name dropping, either.

Must mention a precedent.

Years back, Ken Wilber wrote One Taste, which was supposed to be based on his diaries.

That was a book, not a series of Twitters.

In an early book of his, One Taste, a book that many youngsters have found mightily appealing, Wilber makes it seem that his life of a tastemaker in the Consciousness Elite is a life lived in high society, a life of intellectual and spiritual glamour.He constantly refers his friends and their 'brilliant' conversation, and 'scathing' wit.

The reader is given the illusion that he or she is, or could become part of this scene.

An impressionable person reading this book would get a feeling if they buy into Wilber's material, they too will become part of Wilber's glamourous life.

If not an end to suffering, an end to alienation.

The reader might get a feeling that they've been given an all-access pass into the Konscious Klub, and the bouncer has waved them with a smile, past the proverbial velvet rope.

Wilber did this by writing a book, but eventually one finishes a book and puts it down.

This was years before hand held gadgets and now Twitter provide the tech equivalent of a constant IV drip into the mind and heart of this sort of manufactured glamour chatter.

Real therapists go home at night.

The real healers maintain the boundaries so you can find out what your life is, not to get you involved with their lives.

Posted by: Meadow ()
Date: July 03, 2009 12:35AM

helpme2times
This could be some kind of record: between yesterday morning and today, this thread received 424 page views!

where can I find the page views?

Date: July 03, 2009 12:44AM

Meadow
helpme2times
This could be some kind of record: between yesterday morning and today, this thread received 424 page views!

where can I find the page views?
Click here: [[url=http://forum.culteducation.com/]http://forum.culteducation.com/[/url]]

Then click on the first category, "Cults," Sects, and "New Religious Movements". Scroll down (if the topic isn't at the top) until you see this thread's title, and on the right, next-to-the-last column, you'll see the thread view count.

Byron Katie (the Work) and Stever Robbins, attended a seminar
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: July 03, 2009 04:40AM

ah, why didn't Stever Robbins disclose that he attended a Byron Katie seminar?
Did he attend the full 9-Day School for the Work?

_______________QUOTE_____
[www.nlpconnections.com]
Stever Robbins
Message posted: 15th Feb 08, 11:58 pm
"For example, Byron Katie had more murderers, ex-convicts, and child molestors at the seminar I attended than I've ever seen at NLP seminars. Does this mean Katie is a force for darkness, or that NLP somehow discourages that population, which could benefit from its technology?
Um, maybe. But if you look at the process people use to decide where to attend, you'll find that Katie and her assistants run groups in prisons around the world, including maximum security prisons like San Quentin. When the prisoners who did her work in prison get paroled, they often attend her workshops. "

How does Stever know there are so many alleged murderers and child molestors at Byron Katie seminars?
Was he just told that by Byron Katie, or did he see their parole records?
How does he know that they allegedly run all these programs in prisons? Where is the evidence?
Notice, he doesn't give any evidence at all, he just tells an anecdote, with no proof.

That is part of the Byron Katie marketing system, to tell people she donates all this money to the prison system, instead of buying gigantic houses to live in.

But these so-called prison programs have been factually debunked in this thread, using the available documents.
Form 990 for 2006, for the Byron Katie, The Work Foundation Inc, EIN 87-0559189 [forum.culteducation.com]

also in the thread, you see how Stever has been hooked-in with Richard Bandler literally for 25 years.
yes, 25 years, since 1984.
The core of what Richard Bandler does, are these advanced persuasion techniques, combined with Ericksonian hypnosis, and nested loops, and the rest of it.

A guy with his decades of experience, sees every single detail of the persuasion engineering going on at these Byron Katie seminars, from top to bottom.
Its almost unbelievable he would try to play-act that Byron Katie is just some lady telling Stories.
But again, he's trapped in a Double-Bind, as he cannot admit that Byron Katie does anything.

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) BK on Twitter, Transderivational Search
Date: July 03, 2009 05:52AM

Meadow:

thanks again for the very valuable info. 3 cheers for Meadow. Its important to not get too distracted with various tempests in a teapot, and focus on the real issues.

BK is using Twitter as self-marketing, but also more. It seems at the beginning it was more marketing, and then later its more about putting out her little mind-screwing phrases.

you are 100% correct about that phrase. That is an embedded command, and that is right out of the conversational hypnosis stuff.
..."I love that you drop n to say hello..."
for those who are already deeply indoctrinated, that stuff works, its a post-hypnotic suggestion. She did the phrase in the present tense, but as a inevitable command, and it can create a desire to carry out a behavior in those who are indoctrinated. This one is transparent, and shows her working her technique.

She uses language also metaphorically, as has been mentioned.
She also drops in the intimacy stuff, about her marriage, which of course makes people feel like they are in her inner circle. (which they are not, of course).

The Oz stuff, is also celebrity name-dropping, which BK can't resist doing. Constant name-dropping for social status.

and one thing to always remember, is that Creating Confusion is a deliberate technique that has been used for decades. They deliberately create confusion in people as part of their strategy.
So it can have ambiguous meanings, sometimes its purposely confusing with no meaning, to try and make people attempt to figure it out. It also creates an Open Loop.
It can also create a process that triggers a Transderivational Search in people's minds. Byron Katie knows what she is doing.

search Google for

"Transderivational Search"
[nlp-experts.org]
[en.wikipedia.org]
[www.nlpu.com]
[hypnoticadvancements.com]

Meadow
...back to BK on Twitter:
...And I am also noticing what Anticult pointed out about the way she uses language. Her so called sweet and innocent invitations hold a silent command or expectation. For example this one:

Hi Tweeties! I love that you drop n to say hello this Saturday, 4:30pm, Ojai Theater, for a sneak preview of the "Mind Cleanse". Cu always

She doesn't say, "You are invited to come and watch this preview", or "I would like it if you dropped in", she says "I love that you drop in...". Subtle, yet so very transparant. It is still mind boggling to me that there are so many people who don't see through her tactics and strategies and keep buying all of the crappy stuff she says.

And then there are several statements that need to illustrate how happy she is all the time, and how she simply loves everything that occurs, and again the only purpose is to lure people to take to the work:

I'm Awake!!!!! I'm Amazed!!!!!! (aren't mornings wonderful).
Earthquake Ojai. Rocked in the arms of Earth as it quaked me, what a dear connection. I have been quaked, have you?
Good morning I think, I think. Was that "me" being thought? Just checking
I feel so amazingly good, so beyond well, that it seems like a shame to just feel it!
Hello family of the world, I am so happy to say to you that loving what is is the way life Works, that is what is Working, have you noticed?
Stephen and me celebrating our eighth anniversery in Santa B. with Eckhart, Kim, Marjorie and Henry. All a gift, dinner, cake, and flowers

But this one is flat out scary:

Just left Dr. Memet Oz & wife Lisa, what wonderful people, such givers. One man, welling up in his thank you, said, "I got it." That's one!

What on earth does she mean with: "That's one!"????? Does she mean: "We got him!"?????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2009 06:03AM by The Anticult.

Date: July 03, 2009 06:01AM

also, Byron Katie has gained about 30 more Twitter Followers in one day?
4764 Followers - 4,902 Followers

so its a real goldmine for her. Its as if she has her Twit-Followers "wired-up" 24/7.

The real followers would be very excited to get a Tweet from BK, and would try and figure them out, and be influenced by them.
Its far better than blogging, or anything like that. She can reach her words right into people anytime she chooses, and reinforce her methods on a daily basis.

Date: July 03, 2009 07:16AM

whoops, actually it looks like she gained about 150 new Twitter Followers in one day!
BKI must be having some type of viral twitter referral campaign going.
They get it.

Date: July 03, 2009 06:01PM

Yesterday's number of views of this thread: approx. 493!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.