Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and Eckhart Tolle Legit??
Posted by: helpme2times ()
Date: March 18, 2009 10:15PM

To Pilot:

Your EST-ian why-aren't-people-taking-responsibility-for-their-cult-involvement argument won't fly here. This is a place of SUPPORT for people recovering from involvement with cults and if you can't understand that, take a hike. Or rather take flight, like the pilot you claim to be. Jeez!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Pilot ()
Date: March 19, 2009 12:15AM

helpme2times
To Pilot:

Your EST-ian why-aren't-people-taking-responsibility-for-their-cult-involvement argument won't fly here. This is a place of SUPPORT for people recovering from involvement with cults and if you can't understand that, take a hike. Or rather take flight, like the pilot you claim to be. Jeez!

OK I get it now. I thought this was just a public message board, I didn't realize you were doing rehab, that's cool. My POV is obviously unpopular, I never claimed to be an expert or RIGHT about anything, just expressing an opinion. Period. The label of troll is unfortunate and incorrect, I wish I hadn't been attacked in this way, I was enjoying the discussion and wanted to participate.

I use "Pilot" on every message board I participate on for simplicity, if you really are that convinced that I have an ulterior motive, go see "Pilot" on ATS, member since 2005.

I have never been on this board in the past, I found it after reading guruphiliac. That can be confirmed by a mod via IP.
I have nothing to hide, truly.

If you don't agree with me, you don't agree. I understand that my experience isn't the same, I had a brush with a cult, not really a full commitment, and the funny thing is, at the time I wished I could have been more committed and really get into it the way other people did. It just didn't happen, and I lost interest eventually. This is the truth. Same experience with AA, it helped me, but I could not commit and "fully give myself over to this simple program". That was guilt inducing and I left for that reason. I didn't get "it". I thought there was something wrong with me.

I never processed the experience to any great degree because like I said, I didn't feel harmed by it. I understand nobody wants to hear that. I also understand why.

I would really prefer that you all not attack me based on my perspective just because it's not the same as yours. I've been as forthright as I can without compromising my privacy. At this point I feel no matter what I say you'll twist it around to suit your preconceived notions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2009 12:43AM by Pilot.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 19, 2009 02:28AM

Ignore the troll. Lets concentrate on what was being discussed before Pilot flew into RR.com's airspace.

Remember, trolls often showed up on this BK thread and did distraction games right after significant material is disclosed.

Posted by: quackdave ()
Date: March 19, 2009 04:52AM

Times like this I just get so exhausted. I note that The Anticult uses the word 'comical' about some pretty serious stuff, involving the Katie bunch and her ilk. I've known comedy, in my life, to be quite invigorating. I've been so close to chuckling at some of the disruptions over the last couple months, since the pattern has actually become quite transparent and predictable. In some cases, the claim of someone having read 'this whole thread' and then either making claims or statements totally contrary to the content is what seems so laughable. Other times, it's the total ignoring of a challenge to defend an anomalous statement. In any case, it would be laughable if I were at that place. I've heard that there is an archetypal progression in loss. I'm not at the laughing part yet, although I certainly wish to be. Unlike some, my loss is not the loss of the gurus themselves, but rather the 'gone' amount of my life that I spent being involved in their schemes. Long and short of it, is that I must be at the anger part. Maybe someone can get hold of a flashlight with an RR on it (as opposed to the Batman insignia) and we can shine it in the sky and Mr. Ross can come and toss people out of the pool who are peeing, whether accidentally or on purpose. It's all the same, isn't it? Shall I worry about civility when a blind person comes in a room full of people and starts waving around a machete thinking they are in the fields topping cotton? A question I ask myself regularly. The jury is still out.

Back to the point, corboy, I recall that pre-disturbance (that would be B.D., right?) we were discussing first sexual abuse, at which point a couple new names appeared, and then the topic got real centered on Katie techniques in specific. All good subjects, and worthy of discussion. I agree with The Anticult on yet another issue: one shouldn't be afraid to mention cults, like Scientology, by name. I'll personally take it to heart.

qd

Date: March 19, 2009 05:06AM

Seems like the trolls who claim we are into victimhood here always end up turning it around (*cough*) and start whining that they are being attacked!

corboy
Ignore the troll. Lets concentrate on what was being discussed before Pilot flew into RR.com's airspace.

Remember, trolls often showed up on this BK thread and did distraction games right after significant material is disclosed.

Posted by: freedom fighter ()
Date: March 19, 2009 05:27AM

How do you know who's a troll and who's not? It seems like the more energy you put into weeding out the trolls the more you may intimidate someone who maybe needs to get some support. Unless you've posted here and proved you're trustworthy I would be insecure to share my story and get some support. Maybe troll bashing should be minimal so those who are new to this board won't be scared away.

Date: March 19, 2009 05:42AM

helpme2times
Seems like the trolls who claim we are into victimhood here always end up turning it around (*cough*) and start whining that they are being attacked!

corboy

I was called a troll by several members and accused of being banned and coming back as "pilot", oh no more mind manipulation! ! ! and now because I don't slink away like a guilty party, why I'm still a troll...

If that is not an attack, then what exactly constitutes an attack around here?

This is absurd, if you don't agree with my pov, fine, can we move on now??

Date: March 19, 2009 05:45AM

Pilot, I will ask you a question you asked us here:

"...what happened to personal responsibility??"

If you believe such a thing, especially to the extent that you seem to, then doesn't it follow that you are responsible for the reaction you have been getting?

Really and truly, why are you here?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2009 05:46AM by helpme2times.

Date: March 19, 2009 05:53AM

freedom fighter
How do you know who's a troll and who's not? It seems like the more energy you put into weeding out the trolls the more you may intimidate someone who maybe needs to get some support. Unless you've posted here and proved you're trustworthy I would be insecure to share my story and get some support. Maybe troll bashing should be minimal so those who are new to this board won't be scared away.

FF, I understand what you are saying, but do you have experience specifically with Byron Katie?

If not, then would you be willing to try and understand why some of us are deeply upset about what she's been doing and therefore highly sensitive to what seem to be attempts to derail any critiques of her?

Date: March 19, 2009 05:54AM

Really and truly I am here because I am interested in the discussion, it has been a great read, and in the spirit of contribution, have you seen this:

[janakisstory.wordpress.com]

Sorry if this has been previously linked, I just saw it today...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.