Current Page: 49 of 297
Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and Eckhart Tolle Legit??
Posted by: helpme2times ()
Date: May 27, 2008 09:50AM

corboy
I agree, this is sounding fishy. The time this correspondant claims to have spent in Scientology has left an impressive set of obfuscatory skills intact.
That was brill. :-)

Thanks, Corb.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: exscientologykid ()
Date: May 27, 2008 09:52AM

Corboy, I don't understand why it bothers you that I pointed out a major difference between Scientology (in which you are treated like a leper for daring to seek psychotherapy, and people having psychotic breaks have been locked in rooms to prevent them being placed in psychiatric hospitals) and Byron Katie's group.

I'm a bit disturbed that pointing out inaccuracy is considered "defending cults" on this forum.

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and Jill Boylte Taylor
Date: May 27, 2008 10:00AM

exscientologykid
Ok, I get it, this forum is only for discussing the negative aspects of such organizations.

I just wanted to point out that not everything being said about The Work sounded accurate to me, and having grown up scientologist (I'm 32, my parents left the CoS when I was a teenager), it doesn't sound nearly as detrimental as a cult.

I'm utterly baffled by people's responses to me, but no matter. I won't bother folks with my opinions further.
First you say, "Ok, I get it...", then you say, "I'm utterly baffled". Your double-talk is very telling.

If you can't be straight with us, it really would be best if you left, as it seems you are going to.

Not meaning to be harsh, but I can barely stand someone defending the horror that is BK.

Date: May 27, 2008 10:04AM

exscientologykid
Corboy, I don't understand why it bothers you that I pointed out a major difference between Scientology (in which you are treated like a leper for daring to seek psychotherapy, and people having psychotic breaks have been locked in rooms to prevent them being placed in psychiatric hospitals) and Byron Katie's group.

I'm a bit disturbed that pointing out inaccuracy is considered "defending cults" on this forum.
In your previous post you said, "I won't bother folks with my opinions further."

You have gone back on your word. What is up with that?

What is your true purpose in being here?

Posted by: exscientologykid ()
Date: May 27, 2008 10:13AM

That was before I read corboy's response to me.

My true purpose was to find out more about Byron Katie and whether or not she was cult-like. I found that yes, "The School" sounds very culty, and I have deciced not to attend one. However there were statements here that I found to be inaccurate, and I commented on them.

Also, as I have cult experience, I thought this might be an interesting forum to participate in, but apparently I have gotten off on the wrong foot.

Date: May 27, 2008 10:21AM

exscientologykid
That was before I read corboy's response to me.

My true purpose was to find out more about Byron Katie and whether or not she was cult-like. I found that yes, "The School" sounds very culty, and I have deciced not to attend one. However there were statements here that I found to be inaccurate, and I commented on them.

Also, as I have cult experience, I thought this might be an interesting forum to participate in, but apparently I have gotten off on the wrong foot.
It's all well and good that you "thought this might be an interesting forum to participate in", but the tone of that statement doesn't jibe very well with your acknowledgement that Byron Katie's group is "very culty." That sounds terribly blase and is therefore suspicious. You're still coming across as fishy to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2008 10:36AM by helpme2times.

Posted by: yg ()
Date: May 27, 2008 10:42AM

Frankly there is no defense for what BK's school does or any other LGAT. I agree with this. In a effort to possibly help understand where exscientolgy kid is coming from, I have a very good friend is an x--scientologist. I mean really, because I went to their course for a few months and there is no way I could buy into it. But my friend, many years ago, went all the way through. It has been 25 years or better,yet I recognize in her the tendency to give her power away, just as I have. But there is something that happened to her in scientology, and I don't know if this is what excscientolgy kid is suffering from.

In my humble opinion, exsci, it seems to best not just on this board, not to look for why something that we already know is culty, just plain not right, might have good points. I am seeing this now with this interaction with you all, that by defending something just because others have mistated a certain detail, is not helpful, especially to yourself.

It's like when I had this one "guru" who was also a good friend, and I shared with her sister the attrocities that had occurred and she said to be, but she did help you didn't ? Yea, she helped me, and then tried to kill me (not literally of course.) As an analogy, you have someone who has been proved beyond a doubt that they murdered someone, but then they find he was really a nice guy and someone misrepresented something else he did. The issue at hand, is that there was a murder.

I have lived through so many "cult" situations, some of which I didn't even realize until now.

I hope this helpful.

yg

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: May 27, 2008 11:19AM

oops sorry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2008 11:19AM by zeuszor.

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and scam Hotline
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: May 27, 2008 11:58AM

Nothing personal here, I don't know your intent.
But you are putting out some very false information, that could be very dangerous for people.

As noted in this thread already, the Byron Katie Hotline has NOTHING to do with Byron Katie. Its just some random people up there. NONE OF THEIR DETAILS ARE CHECKED. Anyone can set a profile up.
READ THE DISCLAIMERS.
You are giving out false informmation about the Byron Katie phone Hotline.

That does NOT apply to registered psychologists and psychiatrists. They are REGISTERED and you can check that out quite easily.

So why are you putting out false information about the Byron Katie hotline?
Is that intentional or not?

As far as criminals, there was an actual murder committed by one of them, and the article was removed from the Google index! Who did that? Byron Katie's company? (of course, they were trying to ban this article).
Rochelle Laudenslager
Murder suspect claimed self-help plan helped her,
The Sentinel Newspaper, Carlisle, Pennsylvania/April 5, 2007
[www.culteducation.com]

Those Hotline people are mainly bogus "life coaches" trying to make money, and there would be some outright scam-artists in there as well, looking for people who are desperate and in PAIN. They lure them in. They are trolling for people in pain. Pain = Profits.

As far as Rational-Emotive Therapy (REBT), Byron Katie has absolutely NOTHING at all to do with that. Zero. Nothing. RET-REBT completely is opposed to the garbage put out by Byron Katie.
Byron Katie is not a psychologist, or therapist.
She is a sociopathic manipulator. She makes up stories (lies) for a living.

So it does make one wonder why someone would go out of there way to put out FALSE information about Byron Katie and the Byron Katie fake Hotline scam.
NO ONE SHOULD EVER CALL THAT BOGUS HOTLINE. Its nothing more than a fish-hook, and you are the fish that is going to be lured in and cooked.

exscientologykid
Anyone could be on the hotline including criminals? Ok, that applies for any phone number, including those of psychologists and psychiatrists who advertise on the web.

I was never asked for my name or any personal details. I was never asked to bring up any important details of my life. Sometimes I would give ONLY the troubling thought I was working on, with zero context. I was NEVER asked for financial information. Katie doesn't support them? They are all enrolled in her program to become certified facilitators. Even if you think her program is crap, you can't say she doesn't support them.

They include their personal phone numbers, email addresses, web sites and pictures. I give them nothing. Most of them are facilitators in training. Are the ones who are certified looking for clients? Probably -- and yet not a one I talked to suggested I hire them.

As for Katie's philosophy, it is a blend of Rational-Emotive Therapy and Taoism. I'm also reminded vividly of Shambhala Buddism.

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) = psychotherapy without a license.
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: May 27, 2008 12:14PM

Thanks Corboy, you nailed it.

Byron Katie has deliberately NOT gotten any licenses.
Why?
So she is totally unaccountable to anyone legally, ethically, or morally.
Its a legal tactic.
She decided to stay in the Wild Wild West and do "psychotherapy" without a license of ANY sort, so she can't get into trouble as easily.

That's all there is to it.

As far as the therapists that attend the BK LGAT's...that gives our new friend away as a BK insider. (how does he/she know that info, if they have not attended The School? Whoops...busted!)
You see, Katie CONSTANTLY is yapping about all the "professionals" who SHE SAYS attend her LGAT's.
She does this to try to get some legitimacy.
Yet, all she has is a few social workers promoting her stuff.
There are NOT any real psychologists or shrinks who would go within a mile of Byron Katie, she is a dangerous unlicensed quack at best.
Byron Katie literally stands up on YouTube and puts out false information about all the mental health professionals attending her School. Its all blatant bullshit. Where are these people? She just looks into the camera and makes it all up, its as plain as day.
People can't believe people will lie like that, and tell Big Lies...that is how they get away with it.

Byron Katie also tries to GIVE AWAY FREE TICKETS TO ANYONE WITH ANY KIND OF LICENSE.
All these culty groups do that, to try to find a few supporters out there.

Its all the same techniques and patterns and methods.
And the BK apologists are some of the most subtle out there. Very con-vincing for those without experience in these areas.
And the Byron Katie people TARGET those in very serious pain.
They TARGET them, just like wolves target animals in pain in the herd.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2008 12:26PM by The Anticult.

Current Page: 49 of 297

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.