Current Page: 25 of 297
Re: Byron Katie (the Work) - is Jon Willis a BK apologist?
Posted by: helpme2times ()
Date: March 05, 2008 06:25AM

The Shadow
~~ thanks for the salespitch, Jon, but i'm not buying it - regards, Shad
Hey Shadow, I kind of bit your head off recently when I thought you were belittling people for getting hooked into Byron Katie. I apologize if I overreacted.

As for Jon Willis, I really appreciate what you have expressed to him and would like to add a few things...

I googled "Jon Willis" and "Byron Katie" and was rewarded with quite a few hits. Seems Jon has several websites, at least one of them dedicated to "the work":

"Just 4 Questions"

"Self Happiness"

"Jon Willis dot com"

There may be more sites; I didn't feel like looking any further.

Interestingly these sites are not currently active, although from what came up via google, it appears that at some point they WERE active AND contain references to Byron Katie. The sites are "parked" by Go Daddy for now.

The owner of the "kNOw Limits" coaching website says this of Jon:

Jon Willis is a coach who loves to take his clients to bold and adventurous places. Jon’s blog is very honest, real and down to earth. He certainly tells it as it is. Jon is also my coach so for those of you who have been moaning about me increasing my fees……..yes he’s the man to blame! Jon’s fees are a reflection of how much he is willing to show up for his clients.

Jon can be found at various blogs making comments about Byron Katie's work. Here are two examples in a Carol Skolnick blog entry and a Mona Grayson blog entry.

Jon has transcribed at least one Byron Katie video: "The Work is Within You".

And so it appears that Jon Willis is DEEPLY INVESTED in Byron Katie's approach, both philosophically and monetarily. Let those attempting to release themselves from the grip of Byron Katie's "work" be-aware.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2008 06:41AM by helpme2times.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Byron Katie (the Work) Schoolmates, Love the Teacher-Mom-God,give
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 05, 2008 06:25AM

jj52:

Scary.

Because there is such a thing as objective reality and denying it might make people crazy.

This is one reason LGATs have casualties.

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) Solipsism, solipsist,
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: March 05, 2008 06:33AM

Hey, didn't I say it was Solipsism before?
;-)

Not only is Solipsism false, if seriously believed, it actually can be very dangerous.
But it seems to be more like...Solipsism for the Schoolmates...Narcissism for the Teacher.

[dictionary.reference.com]

solipsism philosophy
[www.google.com]

jj52
That is precisely it. That's the best way I've heard it described yet. Perfect. Thank you.
-jj

rrmoderator
Byron Katie's questions appear to infer that objective reality should be subjectively interpreted.

In other words what is objectively real should be reinterpreted through subjective feelings.

In the end what you feel is real, is therefore real. And reality ceases to be objective and becomes subjective instead to the believer.

Katie's Q and A keeps going round and round until you reach that desired result.

Is that it more or less?

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and Eckhart Tolle Legit??
Posted by: jj52 ()
Date: March 05, 2008 06:36AM

Guruphobiac
Steve Salerno, author of SHAM: How the self-Help Movement Made America Helpless, is one our most effective critics of what he calls the SHAM -- Self-Help and Motivation -- industry. Yesterday on his blog he mentioned that he is preparing a post on Byron Katie. Some readers were so eager for that post that they started making comments about not only BK and "the work" but also Carol Skolnick:

SHAMblog

Steve is a witty and sharper writer and thinker and I am really looking forward to his BK post.

That was a great read! Thank you for posting this Guruphobiac!

-jj

Posted by: jj52 ()
Date: March 05, 2008 06:41AM

rrmoderator
jj52:

Scary.

Because there is such a thing as objective reality and denying it might make people crazy.

This is one reason LGATs have casualties.

Byron Katie promises reality, and then takes it away.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 05, 2008 06:48AM

jj52:

Watching her video on YouTube is creepy.

She uses the the voice, tone and rhythm of a hypnotist.

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and Jon Willis,
Date: March 05, 2008 06:57AM

Great Work about Jon Willis!
Well here we go again! Does any rational person believe with all these hits just read a few Byron Katie books? Or more likely they were assigned to do some internet MOVE THE WORK posting by BKI?
(keep that in mind each time a soft-spoken innocent appears running word patterns)

Notice how he played innocent about posting and advertising, using deflection?
Maybe someone can check to see if on any of the websites he lists if he attended The Work School of Byron Katie, and if so, then he did not tell the truth.

Why always with the conscious deception?
Why always with the soft-sell; in sheeps clothing?
Jon, just tell the TRUTH. And yes Jon, it DOES matter whether or not Byron Katie tells the truth, or not. Lying matters in the real world.
I held back on ole Johnny boy, but its very clear when someone is running programmed word-games.

Carol skolnick and "Jon Willis" having a chat about Coaching.
[soulsurgery.blogspot.com]

As you said if you copy these words into Google, or another search engine..

"Byron Katie" "Jon Willis"

Results about 1,170 for "Byron Katie" "Jon Willis".
Now, those are only pages where the full name Jon Willis, and her full name Byron Katie appear on the SAME PAGE.

How about others?
"Jon Willis" "the work" katie - Results about 2,020 for "Jon Willis" "the work" katie
"Jon Willis" "the work" byron -Results about 1,390 for "Jon Willis" "the work" byron.
"carol skolnick" "Jon Willis"

helpme2times
As for Jon Willis, I really appreciate what you have expressed to him and would like to add a few things...

I googled "Jon Willis" and "Byron Katie" and was rewarded with quite a few hits. Seems Jon has several websites, at least one of them dedicated to "the work":

"Just 4 Questions"

"Self Happiness"

"Jon Willis dot com"

There may be more sites; I didn't feel like looking any further.

Interestingly these sites are not currently active, although from what came up via google, it appears that at some point they WERE active AND contain references to Byron Katie. The sites are "parked" by Go Daddy for now.

The owner of the "kNOw Limits" coaching website says this of Jon:

Jon Willis is a coach who loves to take his clients to bold and adventurous places. Jon’s blog is very honest, real and down to earth. He certainly tells it as it is. Jon is also my coach so for those of you who have been moaning about me increasing my fees……..yes he’s the man to blame! Jon’s fees are a reflection of how much he is willing to show up for his clients.

Jon can be found at various blogs making comments about Byron Katie's work. Here are two examples in a Carol Skolnick blog entry and a Mona Grayson blog entry.

Jon has transcribed at least one Byron Katie video: "The Work is Within You".

And so it appears that Jon Willis is DEEPLY INVESTED in Byron Katie's approach, both philosophically and monetarily. Let those attempting to release themselves from the grip of Byron Katie be-aware.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2008 07:01AM by The Anticult.

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) - Carol Skolnick and Jon Willis
Posted by: helpme2times ()
Date: March 05, 2008 07:27AM

The Anticult
Carol Skolnick and "Jon Willis" having a chat about Coaching.
[soulsurgery.blogspot.com]
Omigawd, thanks for linking to this!

Before I got into BK's work, I wouldn't have believed people could talk like they do in that blog entry and still function in the real world. Sadly I know better now.

Try on this gem from the above-mentioned blog entry... in which Carol comes on like quite the Byron Katie clone...

The Work has this way of making one realize that nothing ever has to change, no one ever has to change, I don't even have to change in order to be perfectly okay...although change for the good may indeed occur in an atmosphere of clarity.

(the Work) house of Byron Katie and Stephen Mitchell, whistle-blower?
Date: March 05, 2008 07:35AM

This one statement jumped out.
Just what is going on in the house of Byron Katie and Stephen Mitchell?
At some point, some ethical person might find it in their conscience to come clean, and tell the world what they have really seen behind closed doors...and what is really going on, and post it on some blog or message board.
Or perhaps to decide to go public, and to be a whistleblower, and to responsibly inform others of what they have seen going on behind those closed doors, in the parlor, or elsewhere.

jj52
This is a comment that an anonymous person on Guruphiliac's blog under the heading "Byron Katie Is Either Going To Enlighten You Or Kill You Trying" from February 23, 2008.
________
There's more going on in the house of Byron Katie and Stephen Mitchell that what most people who know them are willing to admit.

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and Eckhart Tolle Legit??
Posted by: vlinden ()
Date: March 05, 2008 07:37AM

Wow, so Jon Willis is full of beezwax, what a shocker.

It's always the ones showing up saying, I really don't care too much about this stuff, it just works for me is all, I don't have a problem if you don't like it, because I'm so open minded you see because I belong to this great group that makes me so open minded . . .

They always seem to be the worst trolls. Trying to sneak in under the radar and infect everyone with their memes. But it's been done so many times at this board it's pretty transparent. Right away, as soon as someone comes on like that, everyone smells a rat.

Then of course they refuse to say anything against the group, they insist there's "value" to be had from it, and if it didn't hurt them, well what's the problem, right?

Man. What a snake. He's just read a few books, listened to some CDs is all . . . I guess he thought no one would bother to Google him.

Current Page: 25 of 297

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.