Current Page: 18 of 297
Rochelle Laudenslager murder, facilitator, The Work, Byron Katie
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: March 01, 2008 10:09AM

That article above said...
Quote:
"So what went wrong with Laudenslager? “I would say she got off to a good start and it just wasn’t enough,” Mitchell says. “It takes work. I don’t call it ‘The Work’ for nothing.”

Was Byron Katie saying that Rochelle Laudenslager DID NOT WORK HARD ENOUGH on The Work?
It seems she is saying that if she worked harder at The Work, it would have healed her mental illnesses? Is that what she is saying?

From the article:
"Mitchell says The Work can heal mental illness. Those who see the truth can never return to their former lives of anger or despair, she insists.".

Can everyone see the intellectual fraud in that claim? Those who see the Truth? What truth is that? That there is no objective truth? She is claiming that there is no truth is a truth? Its gibberish, a hypnotic pattern meant to confuse you.

Never return to anger or despair? Never? That is also a complete fabrication, its an impossible claim, and it will backfire on your psychologically.

Heal mental illness?
Does anyone know of any other text, or recordings where Byron Katie claims or states The Work can heal any type of mental illness?
Or heal any type of physical illness, or make any medical claims of that nature?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tolle Cashing In
Posted by: al3r ()
Date: March 01, 2008 10:41AM

It looks like you are right, Tolle seems to really be cashing in right now.

Even for an Oprah Winfrey book pick, A New Earth has been a sensation.

About 3.5 million copies of Eckhart Tolle's spiritual self-help guide have been shipped since Winfrey announced her selection four weeks ago. The book has topped the best-seller list on Amazon.com virtually from the moment Winfrey's choice was revealed and is the fastest-selling pick ever at Barnes & Noble Inc., according to a statement issued yesterday by Winfrey.

People & Places Recent columns

It's also a record shipment in a four-week span for any book by Penguin Group (USA).

Brian Tart, president and publisher of the Penguin imprint Dutton, told the Associated Press that a key factor was the coming Web seminars featuring Winfrey and Tolle, to be held for 10 consecutive Mondays starting March 3.

Re: Rochelle Laudenslager murder, facilitator, The Work, Byron Katie
Posted by: jj52 ()
Date: March 01, 2008 03:21PM

The Anticult
That article above said...
Quote:
"So what went wrong with Laudenslager? “I would say she got off to a good start and it just wasn’t enough,” Mitchell says. “It takes work. I don’t call it ‘The Work’ for nothing.”

Was Byron Katie saying that Rochelle Laudenslager DID NOT WORK HARD ENOUGH on The Work?
It seems she is saying that if she worked harder at The Work, it would have healed her mental illnesses? Is that what she is saying?

From the article:
"Mitchell says The Work can heal mental illness. Those who see the truth can never return to their former lives of anger or despair, she insists.".

Can everyone see the intellectual fraud in that claim? Those who see the Truth? What truth is that? That there is no objective truth? She is claiming that there is no truth is a truth? Its gibberish, a hypnotic pattern meant to confuse you.

Never return to anger or despair? Never? That is also a complete fabrication, its an impossible claim, and it will backfire on your psychologically.

Heal mental illness?
Does anyone know of any other text, or recordings where Byron Katie claims or states The Work can heal any type of mental illness?
Or heal any type of physical illness, or make any medical claims of that nature?

It certainly sounds to me like BK was blaming the murder on the "fact" that Laudenslager didn't do The Work enough, instead of on the fact that she really was mentally ill, and was relying on The Work to fix her.

So crazy and backwards. From all that I read, it sounded like Laudenslager had some severe mental illness. Doing The Work probably only escalated it.

This is a typical BK response! If I were to tell her all the things I didn't like about the School, and about HER, I'm sure it would all be offered as evidence that I didn't do The Work enough. It's embarrassing to admit this, but... I filled several 5 subject college ruled notebooks doing The Work after the School... in just a few short months. I was determined to find out if what BK says is true... and I finally realized, IT ISN'T.

I certainly wouldn't accept my "lack of doing The Work" as the reason that I'm not happy about it.

WHAT WAS THE MATTER WITH ME?

It's like I'm just waking up from a terrible dream... why didn't I see all of this before? The Work got to me at a vulnerable time, that's all I know. Holy cow... where did my common sense go all those months?

Ugh!

Thank heavens for this forum, and all of you... with all my heart!

-jj

Murder suspect claimed self-help plan helped her (The Work)Byron Katie
Date: March 01, 2008 07:08PM

In the other thread, there is the Mystery of the webpage text that seems to have been "disappeared".
[forum.culteducation.com]
But that is not the only Mystery.
There is another.

The news article about the case of Rochelle Laudenslager from above, all appear to be indexed in Google. Except one. That one, its not there. The article does NOT come up.

If you search google for - "Rochelle Laudenslager" Byron Katheleen Mitchell -
or even if you search for the article title, it only appears as a title link, not the text.

Where is it? Why isn't the full-text article indexed in Google like all the other articles about the story?
Is it related to the fact this article has all of that information about Byron Katie and The Work in it?
Another Coincidence?

Or could it be an interested party had it removed from the Google index? How does one remove a page from Google?
[www.google.com]

Who might want the full-text of that ONE article NOT available to the public in a Google search?

Answer:_________________?

The article as of now is avaliable on the news site, but not through google!
So if you want to read the entire article, you better read it quick, before it is also "disappeared".
One might even SAVE a copy in case it does disappear, and be forever lost down the Memory Hole.

[www.cumberlink.com]
Murder suspect claimed self-help plan helped her
By Tatiana Zarnowski, Sentinel Reporter, April 5, 2007
Last updated: Thursday, April 5, 2007 10:45 AM EDT

"Rochelle Laudenslager reported in an online post about a year ago that a self-help process called “The Work” helped her deal with personal issues.
The Work teaches people to examine their beliefs about how life should be and to realize they can embrace a reality that may never meet their expectations, according to its founder, Byron Kathleen Mitchell.
But The Work didn’t solve all of Laudenslager’s problems[...]

Date: March 02, 2008 04:28AM

Oh dear... now Oprah is moving Tolle into the world?

What's next?

-jj

al3r
It looks like you are right, Tolle seems to really be cashing in right now.

Even for an Oprah Winfrey book pick, A New Earth has been a sensation.

About 3.5 million copies of Eckhart Tolle's spiritual self-help guide have been shipped since Winfrey announced her selection four weeks ago. The book has topped the best-seller list on Amazon.com virtually from the moment Winfrey's choice was revealed and is the fastest-selling pick ever at Barnes & Noble Inc., according to a statement issued yesterday by Winfrey.

People & Places Recent columns

It's also a record shipment in a four-week span for any book by Penguin Group (USA).

Brian Tart, president and publisher of the Penguin imprint Dutton, told the Associated Press that a key factor was the coming Web seminars featuring Winfrey and Tolle, to be held for 10 consecutive Mondays starting March 3.

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and Eckhart Tolle Legit??
Posted by: Guruphobiac ()
Date: March 02, 2008 07:16AM

Someone, without my permission, reposted on Guruphiliac my post about how I had once corresponded with Carol Skolnick. That is totally uncool, and whoever did that owes me a major apology.

Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: March 02, 2008 08:31AM

al3r

quote]

WOW! - that speaks volumns, doesn't it?

Re:byron katie, deprogramming from the mind control
Date: March 02, 2008 08:44AM

hey! there are some excellent posts Responding to some of the Byron Katie programming here. Fantastic stuff, really interesting, could work for any culty group...

About Eckhart Tolle, there is another thread just about him only. Maybe we could use that one for him?
The Power of Now - Eckhart Tolle

Guruphobiac...hey, I feel your pain, I have had some of my text posted various places as well. Posts can get copied and reposted all over the internet. Literally anyone in the world can see any thread from Google, and copy and repost them anywhere, even alter and change them. Even sell them for profit!
Something for everyone to keep in mind about the internet.

Date: March 02, 2008 09:13AM

Sorry that happened Guruphobiac. I saw that there, and thought maybe you had done it yourself. Ouch.

Imagine having a little snippet of one of your posts here pasted into Guruphiliac's blog, being taken a bit out of context, and inspiring 83+ comments/arguments?

I'm not justifying it, I'm just saying... it is rather disturbing to find your words that were posted here posted elsewhere... especially in a less-safe forum. I can relate to what you're feeling. I'm sorry that happened to you.

-jj

Date: March 02, 2008 09:36AM

yes, by the way, just to be super-duper clear..I did NOT paste Guruphobiac to Guruphiliac's site...
As I mentioned before, I did not even post a couple of things I glanced at that appeared to be copied from my OWN text on Guruphiliac.
But as someone has been posting around on the Internets for a while, you know that happens all the time, and there is nothing one can do about it. Even big companies can't stop it.
Once you post it openly, or even in a private forum, anyone can copy and paste it anywhere.
So again, everyone should be conscious when one posts, as it can end up almost anywhere, even out of context, changed, someone else putting their name on it, etc

Some guys have their ebook taken, changed, different name, and resold offshore somewhere...

Current Page: 18 of 297

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.