Current Page: 295 of 297
Re: Byron Katie: Still at it after all these years
Posted by: luckychrm ()
Date: June 13, 2019 02:54AM

The education integration looks to be in full swing [www.thethinkingproject.org]

"Using The Work of Byron Katie, we work with teachers and schools to question fixed-mindset thinking, and to build vibrant, open-minded, socially and emotionally literate learning environments.

With a foundation in The Work, TTPI works with students, educators and communities to develop an awareness of thought. Students explore the thinking underlying human history and interactions, and the choices and decisions people make every day. Students learn to identify and question thoughts that cause suffering in themselves, others and the world. They also learn to see situations through multiple perspectives, and engage with their inner and outer worlds with more honesty and resilience.

Questioning one-dimensional thinking is a way to nurture democratic citizenship and tolerance in classrooms and society. We're committed to working with teachers and students to question the thoughts that blocks us from living more peaceful, just, and humane lives - both inwardly and outwardly. We are committed to equity, open communication, and we champion children and educators. We seek to build sustainable, strong relationships with teachers and schools. We look forward to meeting you!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and Eckhart Tolle Legit??
Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: June 13, 2019 06:54AM

Holy Mother Mary!!!

That is just freaking scary, luckychrmm.

I can just imagine the poor little school kids who may actually be subject to real abuse (as statistically, child abuse is a very common fact) being taught to say to themselves "I feel really unsafe, but that is only a thought."

What is the world coming to?

I despair.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 25, 2019 08:44PM

A new article by journalist Be Scofield
October 24 2019

A Critique of Byron Katie's Work

[gurumag.com]

Date: October 26, 2019 01:15AM

Domination Byron Katie a Case Study by Matthew Remski

[matthewremski.com]

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: October 28, 2019 06:50AM

Here is a link to the 75 page document written by Byron Katie's former employee 'Janaki'. This is the document mentioned in in the article by Be Scofield shared above. It is well worth a read.

[mortentolboll.weebly.com]

Posted by: MynameisHeather ()
Date: October 29, 2019 11:12AM

I read the Be Scofield article.

Bravo Be Scofield!

Posted by: MynameisHeather ()
Date: October 29, 2019 11:16AM

Byron Katie:
“Because if it hurts, it's your thinking that's hurting you.”

Byron Katie:
“Everyone is a mirror image of yourself—your own thinking coming back at you.”

Byron Katie:
“Hurt feelings or discomfort of any kind cannot be caused by another person. No one outside you can hurt you. That’s not possible. Only when you believe a story about them can you be hurt. So you’re the one who’s hurting yourself. This is very good news, because it means that you don’t have to get someone else to stop hurting you or to change in any way. You’re the one who can stop hurting you. You’re the only one.”

Byron Katie:
“I discovered that when I believed my thoughts, I suffered,” Katie says, “but that when I didn’t believe them, I didn’t suffer, and that this is true for every human being. Freedom is as simple as that. I found that suffering is optional.”

In other words...You are the victim of your own thoughts. If someone is physically or verbally attacking you...it's your own thoughts that are causing suffering...not the actions of the abuser...or rapist...or...

If a thought causes your unhappiness or suffering...it must be "untrue"...

A person attacking you is just a mental reflection of yourself...your own negative thoughts.

Byron Katie is another self serving so-called teacher using non-dual concepts to promote utter bullshit.

Re: Guruphiliac: AN ABNORMAL ATTRACTION TO GURUS and Cult Apologists?
Posted by: George x ()
Date: February 04, 2020 06:55AM

really clever post i agree

Matthew Remski Applies 4 Questions to Pandemic
Date: May 02, 2020 05:48AM

Applying “The Work” of Byron Katie to the Pandemic by Matthew Remski

[matthewremski.com]

Posted by: Disbelief ()
Date: January 07, 2022 12:40AM

Thanks for all the information.

I have attended the 9-day School twice and also the Turnaround House twice more than 10 years ago.

Shortly after my second stay at the turnaround House I got divorced from my wife.

I was totally blind. I cant understand how I believed and trusted this BK person so much???

I was abused as a child by my parents in very extreme ways and was looking for relief everywhere.

My life has fallen apart since. I became victim of a very abusive, psychopathic and sadistic person after my divorce because I was so vulnerable.

Now ten years later I have nothing left. No career, no financial ressources, no relationships, no hope … but left with severe mental and physical illness and only suicidal thoughts. Of course its not all the fault of BKI. Because of my childhood I am severely traumatized and suffer from severe depression since I can remember. But I think it kept me from seeking professional help.

In the last 15 years I have very often listened to BK and ET tapes, sometimes day and night, to numb my extreme pain.

Without this „brainwashing“, maybe I would have been able to better protect myself against people. Naive and blue-eyed as I am (or mybe was)I always thought that there are no bad people, that everybody is good at their core. I wished I would have come across this forum 15 years ago. But maybe I wouldnt have been able to take this information in. I so wanted to belief that there is a way out of my extreme suffering.

Maybe I can contribute in some way to help others. Although at the moment I am barely able to function at all.

Please everybody still involved, throw away everything related to Byron Katie and Eckhart Tolle. It can ruin your life.

Current Page: 295 of 297

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.