Breaking the attraction to LGATS
Posted by: JayJoseph ()
Date: September 16, 2010 01:18AM

Hi everyone.....I would like to share my own personal history and then get some feedback from those who were able to end involvement in LGATS....I have always been curious about healing tools/modalities due to dealing with periods of depression, anxiety, and the ending of relationships.....The first "out of the ordinary" school I was exposed to was Scientology....I was brought to the Scientology center in Los Angeles (the celebrity centre) when I was in college.....I found the place creepy and was a little put off by the person who brought me there.....Also in college I worked for a woman who recommended I take The Forum....No interest really at that time as I was an athlete, partying, and doing ok.....Many years ago after my darkest period I ended up taking a weekend seminar and then a week long course at The Option Institute.....It was at this period in my life that I realized I needed some tools to feel better about myself, past experiences, and wanted to be happier (who doesnt right).....I knew I was not able to deal with stress and certain emotions very well and well their brochure was very convincing.....The smiling people.....The testimonials.....I did not think of them as a cult or cult like.....To me cults were the hare krishnas, Moonies, Jim Jones etc.....I never felt threatened.....I was aware theyhaa volunteer program but did not give it much thought.....I did not take anymore courses because I did not experience MAJOR BREAKTHROUGHS or anything cathartic.....And also their courses were too expensive for my liking....Yet here I am 10 years later now considering doing Landmark Education.....Why?.....Because I have met 3 people in the last year who are more successful than me ($$$) and seem to be more independent/adult like mindset and behavior.....Also, I am going through a stressful period due to some "stuff".....What i would like to know is the following:

1.What worked for you to end involvement with all LGATs? (Books/Therapy/Education?)

2.What groups were you involved in and what made you leave?

3. What (if anything) did you add/subtract to your life to become a happier (whatever that means for you), more confident, less anxious person?

Any sharing or suggestions is a HUGE HELP......

The hook for me about LGATS is that some people have had positive experiences, that cant be denied.....The one thing that prevents me from Landmark is that if its a bad experience it seems to be really bad (psychotic breakdwon).

Thanks to all
Jay

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.