QUESTION FOR MODERATOR RE CATHOLIC CHURCH
Posted by: dsm ()
Date: June 24, 2010 01:01AM

A small number of users of this board are destroying every effort to discuss a certain cult within the Catholic Church, the CRHP cult. They are attacking me personally for being Catholic and they are refusing to allow ANY discussion of the highly destructive ECUMENICAL cult that calls itself "CRHP" by repeatedlly posting off-topic insults to the Pope, off-topic discussions of scandals, etc.

This forum's owner has an exptensive collection of articles about cults within the Catholic Church and we would like to be able to use them in these discussions.

Catholics are being attacked for being Catholic and we are being prevented from discussing some very destructive cults because a handful of hate-driven bigots are identifying the Catholic Church with such things as Scientology and posting repeatedly in our threads that we have no right to discuss these cults because these trolls hate the Catholic Church itself and all people who are Catholic (which, FYI, includes many people who are about as Catholic as any Jew is Jewish just because of his ethnic heritage and never sets foot in a religious ritual)

PLEASE MAKE A STATEMENT.

IS ROSS FORUM ANTI-CATHOLIC AND SUPPORTING ATTACKS ON ALL CATHOLICS, OR IS ROSS FORUM CONCERNED ENOUGH TO ALLOW TROLL-FREE DISCUSSION OF THOSE SMALL CULTS WITHIN THE CATHOLIC COMMUNITY THAT ARE ENDANGERING EVERYBODY?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: QUESTION FOR MODERATOR RE CATHOLIC CHURCH
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 24, 2010 01:11AM

dsm:

The Ross Institute is not "anti-Catholic."

As you know there are some controversial groups associated with the Catholic Church that are included within the archives, such as Legionaries of Christ.

There is also a section on "Clergy Abuse," which includes reports about Catholic priests, Protestant pastors, rabbis etc.

All faiths have controversial groups associated with them, including Judaism, Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism and Christianity.

A look through the archives demonstrates this to any visitor. And there is no bias expressed on way or the other.

Posted by: shakti ()
Date: June 24, 2010 01:17AM

"ANTI-CATHOLIC AND SUPPORTING ATTACKS ON ALL CATHOLICS"

-Nobody is attacking "all catholics". I'm only opposed to those who still think the Pope is infallible, hate gays, and try to obfuscate, deny, or explain away child rape. Aside from the anti-gay bigots, Catholics are fine by me...

Date: June 24, 2010 02:20AM

RRmoderator, thank you.

Shakti, please take all those statements outside the CRHP threads as per the moderator above. ( I may start that CRHP topic over to try to recover the discussion from all the disruption by about three people, not just Shakti.)

Since there are many valid concerns about the Catholic church as a whole, I think I will just bump this thread up if there are new attacks so that people can understand that there is a difference between those clergy concerns and the individual cult-group concerns.

A major motivation for my initiation of these discussions is the violence that is spilling into the USA from the Santa Muerte cult and the way they and the smaller cults confuse people with false identification with the Catholic Church.

The more people understand the differences, the more effective the efforts to overcome and control social violence and preserve civil peace as well as stop the recruitment of their own loved ones by these false groups.

I know a Jewish guy, for example, who is up to his neck in stupid street-cult stuff and his family ostracizes him for being Catholic while he is listening to the cultists tell him his actions are Catholic. The only thing Catholic about him is that he shows up at Mass all the time. He is mentally challenged and only some understanding of his confusion by his family would help them reclaim him. I can't believe Jewish anti-catholics would rather throw their own family members away than openly confront a fake catholic recruitment of a loved one! We all need to be able to talk to each other about these things.

Most Catholics do not believe everyone who is not Catholic is going to burn in Hell. Most have a very strong "live & let-live" belief that God did indeed make all religions for His own reasons. But this kind of belief does not sell as much advertising as an extremist position, and that is why we need to talk about these cults. Most of them are selling some form of extremism.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2010 02:24AM by dsm.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: June 24, 2010 03:50AM

dsm,

I would be happy to discuss the CRHP cult with you, and far from attacking you personally I have been at pains to address your statements, not you personally--a courtesy that you do not extend to anyone who ventures to disagree with you on any point, in any thread.

Date: June 24, 2010 07:09AM

That is not true, Stoic. You have deliberately made accusations about the general Catholic church and the Pope (who has nothing to do with, and no authority at all over, any independent American religious organization like CRHP) and when I have been stupid enough to take your bait by addressing those accusations you have used my remarks to misrepresent my interests and to further attack and derail the threads.

You have attacked me personally, calling me a proselytizer and accusing me of being some kind of Scientologist.

You can post about the CRHP cult in that thread but you have chosen NOT to. That alone shows that you are not telling the truth right now. Since I am attacking the CRHP cult with that thread, then the onlyt way I would disagree with you would be if you were defending the CRHP. But you attacked ALL CATHOLICS as SCIENTOLOGISTS, a crazy accusation that still makes my head spin.

Stop trying to mislead people here, Stoic. Anyone can read those posts and see the truth about what you were doing. There is nothing at all stopping you from opening threads on clergy abuse if that is really your concern, but that was not your concern. Stopping that discussion of CRHP was your concern.

Posted by: shakti ()
Date: June 25, 2010 01:18AM

"But you attacked ALL CATHOLICS as SCIENTOLOGISTS, a crazy accusation that still makes my head spin. "

Not true. Stoic merely compared your efforts to efforts by Scientologists who trolled the board as "ex" scientologists.

"Stop trying to mislead people here, Stoic. Anyone can read those posts and see the truth about what you were doing. There is nothing at all stopping you from opening threads on clergy abuse if that is really your concern, but that was not your concern. Stopping that discussion of CRHP was your concern."

Again, not true. I don't think Stoic has a "pro-CRHP" position or interest. I certainly don't. Honestly, I would have liked to read more about the group.

However, it was YOU who diverted the thread with your comment "The present pope has been one of the strongest opponents of permissiveness and he is supporting investigations instead of discouraging them." Until then, nobody had any problem with your thread. As soon as you said that, a statement that is 180 degrees from what those of living in REALITY have been watching unfold the last few years in regards to the child rape scandal, you were creating a lightning rod for off-topic points of view, including admittedly my own. It hurt your own credibility and made people wonder what your true intentions are with the thread.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: June 25, 2010 03:09AM

For the record, I have a fundamental hatred and contempt for the establishment of the catholic church, well earned through very painful and scarring personal experience. At this stage of my life I am quite cheerful and open about this hatred and had previously disclosed this in my first exchange with dsm.

Also for the record, I have no problem with individual catholics or even individual priests, since I judge them as I see them--as individuals first.

So dsm's problems of comprehension with the written word have less to do with her being the innocent victim of a nasty sting operation by trolls and rather more to do with her own provocations backfiring on her.

Still, it was some drama, if you get off on that kind of thing.
Personally, I find it a waste of time and see no reason to defend myself when the reality is self-evident to anyone interested enough to read the thread.

I am still waiting to hear about this CRHP cult--it all seems to be about dsm and very little about the cult.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 09, 2010 04:52AM

To whom it may concern:

dsm has been banned from this message board.

Rick Ross
www.culteducation.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.