The definition of Spirituality
Posted by: tia007 ()
Date: March 12, 2015 02:51AM

Wikipedia definition:
Spirituality is a process of personal transformation, either in accordance with traditional religious ideals, or, increasingly, oriented on subjective experience and psychological growth independently of any specific religious context.

So my question for thought and discussion is:

How do you take the spiritual journey safely in a dangerous world?
You need to be open to change from with in, so how do you find a safe medium?
How do you open yourself up to the spiritual experience without opening yourself up
to destructive influence?

NOTE: This thread is open for positive and negative discussion.

Re: The definition of Spirituality
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 12, 2015 03:13AM

tia007:

First of all Wikipedia is not a reliable source. Read the posted disclaimer at the Wikipedia site that explains this.

See [en.wikipedia.org]

There are some basic warning signs, which were gone over on another thread and posted.

Again see [www.culteducation.com]

Ten warning signs of a potentially unsafe group/leader.

Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.

No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.

No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.

Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.

There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.

Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.

There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.

Followers feel they can never be "good enough".

The group/leader is always right.

The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.

Date: March 12, 2015 04:13AM

Yes,thank you for pointing that out. I am aware that wikipedia isn't a perfect definition. So I would like to have a discussion on defining spirituality. The ups and downs of the journey.

Thanks for participating.

Date: March 12, 2015 04:17AM

tia007:

Spirituality is not a discussion for this message board per the rules.

See [forum.culteducation.com]

"The purpose of this message board is not to promote a specific religious and/or political viewpoint."

People post here to discuss problems with controversial groups and movements, some that have been called "cults."

Perhaps you can find another board to discuss your spiritual concerns or personal journey, but not here.

Date: March 12, 2015 04:46AM

So I can't discuss my spiritual concerns? I thought that's what this was about. You define cult. I just want to discuss definition of spirituality, what's the difference?

Date: March 12, 2015 04:55AM

tia007:

No one here is interested in spirituality, which is your personal business, however you choose to define it.

People that post here are interested in information about destructive cults, controversial groups and movements.

I have closed this thread.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.