New book by Rick Ross "Cults Inside Out"
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 24, 2014 09:47PM

There is a new comprehensive book out about cults titled "Cults Inside Out: How People Get In and Can Get Out."

See [www.amazon.com]

The book includes a history of cults, cult intervention work and how people can be "deprogrammed" out of the cult mind-set.

There are chapters on Scientology, Falun Gong, LGATs (large group awareness training e.g. Landmark Education the Forum), abusive-controlling cultic relationships, family cults, "cult brainwashing" and how to define a destructive cult. The book includes more than 1,200 footnotes an 18-page bibliography and extensive index. The book also includes case vignettes demonstrating how people break free from cults through family interventions.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2014 09:56PM by rrmoderator.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New book by Rick Ross "Cults Inside Out"
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: December 25, 2014 08:04AM

My compliments, RR. Recently I finished your book and quite liked it.

It's thorough and authoritative, as well as well-documented and researched, but its tone is never patronizing or pedantic; it's very readable for a general audience (I read the whole thing in four days and found it to be a "page turner"). This book is a thorough reference and resource book for anyone who is interested (for whatever reason) in the closed-group phenomenon. Everything is put in clear, understandable, and concise terms.

I'll write a more comprehensive review after the holidays are over, but for now I just wanted to give a "thumbs up" and thank you for your work in producing this book, RR. This is a very important contribution to the field.

Posted by: justiceseeker ()
Date: January 13, 2015 10:49PM

Rick, I just got the book on Kindle and it is very well done. Thanks for this good work that you are involved in. I look forward to getting it completely read. Thank you for the book and this forum.

Date: January 13, 2015 10:56PM

You might review the book at Amazon and share your thoughts.

All the best and thanks for buying the book.

Posted by: justiceseeker ()
Date: January 13, 2015 11:41PM

You're welcome and I appreciate it. I look forward to reading the book and conversing with you at some point. Thanks.

"Cults Inside Out" A Documentary?
Posted by: jill w ()
Date: January 25, 2015 09:59PM

Would it ever be possible to make this book into a documentary?

These groups have been able to market their harmful groups and cover up bad publicity.

It's about time more of these books and stories begin to bubble up and expose what these groups have successfully kept quiet for decades.

FINALLY THE TRUTH IS EXPOSED!

Maybe some families will get help in putting their lives back together.

Date: January 25, 2015 10:40PM

I have participated in 13 documentaries.

Right not the Cult Education Institute is collecting some very meaningful documentaries on YouTube and will be adding more material soon.

See [www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.