Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Erick Gonzalez / Spirit Jaguar - Earth Peoples United
Posted by: liminal ()
Date: November 25, 2014 01:45AM

The Canadian police RCMP issued a warning about this group back in 2012. The group continues to behave in all the ways the RCMP warns about.

Erick Gonzalez and his wife Heddi Neale act as destructive cult leaders. Erick is king, he does not tolerate questions, he tells followers to fear outside influences (including supposed supernatural ones). Followers become paranoid and anyone who leaves is shunned and even bullied.

People with substance abuse problems are lured in by being told that the drugs used in "ceremonies" are "sacred". But in truth these drugs can be very dangerous, I've heard several accounts of people being seriously damaged in these "ceremonies".

Here is the 2012 warning by the RCMP:

The Masset RCMP has recently been receiving information from concerned citizens of Haida Gwaii about a group called the Earth People United and the groups founder Erick Gonzalez.

The groups website states that their mission is to connect people to the natural and spiritual world, and to bridge the wisdom of the Ancient Ones with the world of today. One of the concerns raised by the public is that the group is encouraging and facilitating the use of hallucinogenic drugs during the religious ceremonies in order to experience a spiritual state of mind. It has been reported that drugs such as peyote, mescaline and ayahuasca are being used during these ceremonies to elicit hallucinations that are then being interpreted as spiritual or ceremonial. It should be noted that mescaline in any form is a controlled substance and is listed in the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) under Schedule III of the act. As such possession or distribution of mescaline would contravene the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act and could result in charges under the CDSA.

The Masset RCMP is urging the public to think critically about the use of these so called "healing" or "spiritual" drugs. Not only are some of these substances illegal in Canada but it has been reported that they can produce negative long term side affects to a persons health and well being. These side affects have been described as insomnia, anxiety, emotional instability and headaches which can also be accompanied by various other physiological reactions. The illegal nature of these hallucinogenic drugs and their health risks should be taken very seriously if considering their use.

The other significant concern being communicated by community members is that traditional Haida gifts are being given to the groups founder, Erick Gonzalez. These culturally relevant gifts are provided in addition to a fee that is required to attend the ceremonies and take part in the spiritual gatherings. There is concern among community members that the motivation for accepting these gifts is for the monitory value of the gifts instead of the cultural significance that is usually associated to gift giving in the Haida Nation. The tradition of gifting is an widely accepted practice and is not suggested that it should be stopped. What is of concern is the expectation of receiving a gift. Any group or individual that expresses an expectation to receive a gift, should be questioned in regards to their motives.

The Masset RCMP would like to encourage people to question the actions of individuals or organizations who claim to provide a spiritually healing experience in exchange for a monetary sum.

At this time Masset RCMP is continuing the investigation into this matter and encourages people who may have further information to contact Cst Scott McDiarmid of the Masset Detachment at (250)626-3991.

http://www.thenorthernview.com/news/169704226.html?mobile=true

Erick has followers act as drug mules through Guatemala, USA, and Canada. The believe they are doing something spiritual, but of course if they are arrested, the law won't see it that way.

Options: ReplyQuote
Erick Gonzalez -- discussion on Plastic Shamans site
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 26, 2014 09:51PM

Five pages of discussion on New Age Frauds and Plastic Shamans discussion
forum.

[www.newagefraud.org]

Erick Gonzalez AKA Omeakaehekatl
« on: August 28, 2011, 02:51:21 PM »

Re: Erick Gonzalez / Spirit Jaguar - Earth Peoples United
Date: November 26, 2014 10:01PM

According to a post on New Age Frauds and Plastic Shamans website,
this, allegedly, is the waiver form

[www.newagefraud.org]

Date: November 27, 2014 02:05AM

Erick holds some of his events in a run down, unsafe place in Guatemala.

People are given drugs, told that the drugs are "sacred", and many wake up after time in comas. Survivors say they are dealing with long time damage from these events.

People are made to do debilitating "spiritual practices". They have to kneel for hours, sometimes all night, to do fire vigils. They may not be allowed to take a bathroom break. All this while under the influence of unsafe drugs.

A survivor says that once before Erick would let a group of people go into a local village to shop, he whipped them all with stinging nettles, to remind them to behave a particular way.

A Canadian First Nations leader, Bab Stevens, unfortunately is the source of much distress in her community. She is a devotee of both Erick Gonzalez and another entirely different person and group - Chuck Spezzano and his LGAT Psychology of Vision. She is a convert of both, love bombed and cultivated by them both. So it is extra difficult for survivors in the area.

APTN, a news network in Canada, did an investigative report on how these two destructive groups have impacted a community in Canada. The APTN web site is in the process of being revamped so I don't have a link handy for the report now.

Survivors say Erick knows what he is doing. Behind the scenes he is sarcastic and definitely money and power oriented.

Date: November 27, 2014 02:31AM

corboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> According to a post on New Age Frauds and Plastic
> Shamans website,
> this, allegedly, is the waiver form
>
> [www.newagefraud.org]
> 0.45

I can vouch for the person who posted the waiver, they are a survivor.

Even with the RCMP warning, Erick and his people continue to run dangerous drugs, I'm not sure how on earth they can continue. Though I remind myself then that there are countless destructive groups and leaders out there, including countless drug dealers.

Erick makes supernatural claims about his own supposed abilities. He says he is Mayan and that he teaches a Mayan spiritual system, but he is not Mayan. He makes sure to have photos taken with Mayan people, he hires them, and elevates some to positions of power, but his behavior is all about power and money.

I think he attracts a lot of creative people who happen to be in life transition, who are looking for a spiritual path. The altars and rituals focus on lots of colorful candles and othe ritual items, his wife is an artist and this can be seen in the photos they put on Facebook advertising their group.

Erick keeps people very busy. The altars have to be tweaked often, the rituals are endless, he claims he teaches a Mayan calendar of rituals, survivors say that group members are often exhausted.

Unfortunately many therapists are not educated about destructive groups. In fact some have given remarkably bad advice, such as that the survivor should have focus on having empathy for the cult leaders and abusive followers. So survivors are having an extra difficult time. If they stay in a community where there are many destructive group followers, they have frequent reminders of what they are trying to leave behind. They have been bullied and threatened by followers, fortunately the RCMP is listening to them, and reports are being kept.

Some bullies have even tried to interfere with the livelihood of survivors and their families.

Date: November 27, 2014 02:55AM

Erick holds some of his events in a run down, unsafe place in Guatemala.

People are extremely vulnerable if taken to a foreign country for this kind of
process.

For more, read here. This discussion centered around an indoctrination
situation in which subjects were taken to Germany.

Supercharging Manipulation of Room Environment--Fly People Through Time Zones & into Unfamiliar Surroundings

http://forum.culteducation.com/read.php?4,4952,58726#msg-58726

Date: November 27, 2014 03:52AM

Erick Gonzalez does not give people time to acclimate, to deal with time zone lag. The trip to his Guatemala place involves an armed guard and bribes, even then the whole experience is very tense, sometimes people have thought they might have to run for their lives.

So once he gets foreign tourists (they are basically drug tourists, though they believe this all is spiritual) in Guatemala, he already has them softened up. He is the source of the spiritual teachings, he controls their lives in so many ways, including physical.

He is mean to people, he taunted a woman that discovered that she did not have enough money to keep herself safe and secure during the trip, he uses cruelty to keep people in line.

His followers believe they have special clued in spiritual wisdom, and that there are dark forces arrayed against them in the outside world that will try to defeat them. Erick has a classic us vs them cult group dynamic running.

People end up fainting, passing out in drug induced comas, having heart and other issues. Once home, if they are able to get to medical care, they find out that they've been poisoned by the drugs and may even have long term damage.

Erick Gonzalez is not going to bail out of jail any of his followers who run drugs for him. He is not going to get people to proper medical care if they become dangerously ill.

Teens have even gone through this. He works to recruit young people. Parents think they are sending their children to something that help them grow spiritually.

He has a supposed spiritual reason for everything. So people who are disoriented from travel, unfamiliar surroundings, lack of rest and sleep, exhausted from ritual routines - then are very susceptible to his claims. Rainbows aren't just rainbows, a swarm of bees is not just a swarm of bees. He claims these all are signs from the ancestors that agree with what he is saying. Erick keeps people freaked out and scared. He offers himself as the only solution.

Sometimes he cuts followers off for no apparent reason. They are shunned and never told what they supposedly did wrong.

Cutting Followers Off With No Explanation
Date: November 27, 2014 10:22AM

Liminal wrote:

(Quote)Sometimes he cuts followers off for no apparent reason. They are shunned and never told what they supposedly did wrong.(Unquote)

This is an excellent strategy to keep a group fearful and docile.

*Those who remain in the group will feel afraid to be kicked out
when they see someone else booted with no explanation.

*Those who remain feel superior to the ones who are kicked out.

Years ago, I wrote some speculations on how this is done
entitled 'Strategic Rejection, Strategic Selection'.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Re: Cutting Followers Off With No Explanation
Date: March 08, 2015 09:58AM

Their liability waiver:

THIS IS A LIABILITY WAIVER- PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

I hereby apply to participate as Member of the Self-Transformational Journey to Guatemala organized by Mayan Shamanism and/or TJU-EPU, and taking place November 16- Dec 5, 2009. Mayan Shamanism and/or TJU-EPU acts only in the capacity of tour sponsor and while exercising every possible precaution is not responsible for injury, damage, loss, additional expenses, accidental delay or other irregularities which may be caused either through willful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of the companies or individuals providing or engaged in transportation, accommodation, or other services related with the execution of this journey and/or any travel participants choose to do before or after the organized trip. Furthermore, Mayan Shamanism and/or TJU-EPU shall not be legally or financially responsible to any trip member in the event of cancellation of all or part of any trip due to acts of nature, government actions, civil unrest or hostilities, acts of terrorism, or for the default of any tour operator, travel supplier, process facilitator, speaker, medicine person, acts of God and any other events beyond their control. In addition, Mayan Shamanism and/or TJU-EPU reserves the right to modify or withdraw and tour arrangements deemed necessary for the best interest of the tour members. The right is also reserved to decline to accept or retain any person in the participation of any of the scheduled activities.

Mayan Shamanism and/or TJU-EPU recommends the purchase, by each tour member, of appropriate travel accident insurance, baggage insurance, tour operator/carrier default protection insurance, trip cancellation insurance, health and life insurance, and possible vaccinations when deemed necessary. Mayan Shamanism and/or TJU-EPU is not responsible for any of the above mentioned items.

I, ___________________________________________________ (full name), understand that this event is intended to offer participants deep inner transformation, significant personal input and spiritual insight, and is designed to provide an opportunity to activate and integrate emotions and feelings which might be intense in nature. I understand that I might experience deep emotions and unusual physical sensations during ceremonial and other altered state processes offered during this event. I understand that nothing relating to psychotherapy or medical care will be provided to me by anyone connected with the organizing of this event. I understand that meditation, chanting, breathing processes, sacred medicine practices, and indigenous healing ceremonies and initiations are experimental in nature and that their effect (if any) on pre-existing or latent pathological mental, emotional, or physical conditions is unknown. I understand that no claims are made about any specific results that I might receive from this self-transformational event. I understand that this event is a self-selected improvement process and that all results that I get from this event are created by me and by no one else.

If I have any concerns about the effect that this event might have on my physical, mental, or emotional condition, I understand that it is recommended that I consult a licensed physician or psychotherapist prior to participating in this event. By this application, I hereby assume all risk for any injuries or discomfort that I may sustain in the pursuit of the activities included in this event. I, on behalf of myself and my heirs, distributees, guardians, legal representatives and assigns, do hereby remise, release, and forever discharge Mayan Shamanism and/or TJU-EPU and any other facilitators of this event, their affiliated organizations, employees, and independent contractors, from any actions, claims, suits, damages, or judgments that may result from any injury (physical, mental, or emotional) or disturbance that I may sustain as a result of my participation in this event. I further agree to indemnify fully anyone who is sued on my behalf in connection with this event and to fully pay any legal fees they incur in connection with such lawsuit. My signature on the bottom of this LIABILITY WAIVER will confirm that I have carefully read and that I understand the nature of the self-transformational event described by this document.

NB “By accepting this waiver you may be waiving legal rights and claims. By signing you are assuring that you understand the extent of this waiver and accept its terms.”
http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=3420.msg37046#msg37046

This waiver is from a former follower.

Participants have suffered greatly at Erick Gonzalez's amanita muscaria ceremonies.

Posted by: LaurenRose ()
Date: March 09, 2015 04:42AM

How is he recruiting? Is it just in South and Central America and the US as well? I am trying to narrow down several cults to write a final paper on for a modern spirituality course. The topic will be the severe dangers of modern spiritual practices specifically "new age" cults. I want to include discussion on Bikram as well as some historical case studies but I need to determine which current day ones to include.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.