Current Page: 2 of 3
South Park Shreds Scientology
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: December 07, 2005 10:16PM

There is a list of places to view the Southpark Episode here.

[www.factnet.org]

I think these Southpark guys should be given an award for this.
First off, they have enough money to protect themselves under the SATIRE laws of the USA. They should be able get any lawsuit against them dismissed. Notice how the "Tom Cruise" character said he was going to sue them in England, in the episode? This is because the laws there are more favorable. It will be interesting to see if Scientology sues them.

Satire is one of the best legal ways to criticize people in the US. Its also one of the most effective, and useful.
I think all cult critics could benefit from some training in satire, to use against cults and dangerous groups.

(did you notice how in the credits, how everyone was named "John/Jane Smith"?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Templar ()
Date: December 08, 2005 12:51AM

:)

Glad I can be of use all!

As soon as I saw the episode I thought of all of you here, and wanted very much so to share this with ya,

Mega Props to Stone and Parker for having the 'stones' to go toe to toe with scientology. I think they WANT to get into a fight with Scientology, it wouldnt supprise me to learn that the two of them know someone who was effected by Scientology. Knock em Dead boyz!! Or at least knock some sense into them!!

Keep fighting the Good Fight everyone. Much luv from the Templar!

Date: December 08, 2005 11:24AM

Odd now South Park is taking shots at twelve step programs. Check this weeks episode out, not as blatant as the slam on scientology but along the same lines.

Posted by: bonnie ()
Date: December 08, 2005 02:59PM

Is it on the web yet?
Would love to have a link if so......

Posted by: IheartThetans ()
Date: December 20, 2005 05:05AM

I haven't seen South Park for some time, is Chef still an active character? If he is I wonder what Isaac Hayes ($cientologi$t) the voice of Chef has to say about the show, or about the coS.

This is my first post, and I don't even have cable, so someone please correct me if I am wrong. I've always found Parker & Stone's jabs at religion thoughtful, playful, and funny.

Date: December 20, 2005 01:06PM

Issac Hayes is dead. And thier relations with him were probably the main source of info and perhaps the reason for thier venom...

Posted by: IheartThetans ()
Date: December 21, 2005 12:26AM

According to Isaac Hayes website he is appearing on Conan O'Brien Dec 20th, and will make an appearance on that 70's show in 2006. He seems to me to be very well and alive, or at least making very convincing posthumous television appearances. You maybe confused with Barry White, who is deceased.

Posted by: Lardlad ()
Date: January 10, 2006 03:32AM

Isaac Hayes is alive and well.

That Southpark episode has ruined me. Every time I see Tom Cruise now,I find myself thinking,"Come out of the closet Mr. Cruise."

Posted by: Keir ()
Date: January 11, 2006 01:17AM

Lardlad
Isaac Hayes is alive and well.

That Southpark episode has ruined me. Every time I see Tom Cruise now,I find myself thinking,"Come out of the closet Mr. Cruise."

LOL Too funny! :lol:

Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: January 11, 2006 02:05AM

IheartThetans
You maybe confused with Barry White, who is deceased.

Or Lou Rawls, who just passed away recently.

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.