Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Vision Life Ministry - a cult?
Posted by: AtLastImFree ()
Date: July 26, 2014 08:03AM

The problems that were put into my mind are fading away. I had to do some de-programming on myself. I no longer see myself in need for deliverance. I no longer see myself based on my past. Traumatic events, demons, spirits, and curses hovering over me. I now see myself the way God sees me. I am loved no matter what. I dwell in the 'real' secret place of The Most High. I see myself as loved no matter what. Even tho I have problems and PTSD and drink beer, smoke cigs etc. God still loves me. I will never participate with any organization that wants me to see myself as having all these things wrong with me. I definately will not pay cash money for anyone to try and fix me over and over again. I spent way too much to be trained to do that. Point my finger and convince others they have things wrong with them. Its a Pharisee thing. Cultic and Pharisaic. I feel deep regret for those who have no choice but to be under their teachings. They have no choice. Swallow VLM. I see how they use intimidation, manipulation, and isolation. Only those who swallow the VLM teachings will be truly helped. If you dont take what they teach, you will languish in limbo or be asked to pack your bags and go back to the streets. I will not participate in any organization that tells me I have NO authority to pray. The Secret Place is a deliverance cult that demands their followers to go to them for the 'fix'. I still cant believe I lost my job because I told them to stick it. I stand behind everything I said. They can truly stick it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: July 27, 2014 03:28AM

Having spent hundreds of dollars on this stuff, I feel like I can give it a full review. On a scale of 1 to 10. 1 being real and 10 being fake. I give it a 9. I mean come on. Buying deliverance? I feel like a fool for falling for it. But these people are well trained in deception. I spent way to much to be trained to do what they do. I know all their tricks. I am trained to do everything they do. If anyone questions it or shows in the Bible where this stuff is not legitimate, they have many excuses. Religious spirit. Theology. The list goes on. They are well trained in deceptive defense of their teachings. My boss even threw the theology excuse at me in my workplace. I knew immediately that she was intimidated and manipulated by the head pastor. I have been trained to do the same. Intimidate and manipulate. Dont waste your money on this crap. It may take a year or two before you get 'inside', but once you do you will see - it is all a money-making scam and they only support and help those who give in to it. It makes the method look successful. The method that costs alot of money. I cant believe they use the name of Jesus to push this agenda. Its all crap.

Date: July 28, 2014 03:29AM

Slowly but surely I am shedding away everything they taught me. Getting back to where I was before, 3 years ago. All I need is Bible study, prayer, and sharing my testimony. I dont need all this other crap. I dont need a pastor over me that tells me I have all these things wrong with me, especially if he thinks his method is the only way to 'fix' it. I appreciate what every church in my community does. I discard what they taught me about the churches. They are in ignorance and disbelief about deliverance. Not true. They deny that demons exist. Not true. The church has been seduced into error and deception. Thats possible for a few. The church shuns and rejects any kind of deliverance. Not true. The American church has religious spirits that hold their congregation in bondage and Satan doesnt want to give up that ground. That is Anti-church propoganda. The American churches are not Satans ground. The churches do good. But to say all the churches in this country are the devils playground is wrong. I enjoy my church family. I will no longer be manipulated with lies and fear. And I will not pay money to listen to that crap anymore. I have had all sorts of problems ever since I put myself under their authority and teachings. They no longer have authority over me. I am free. And my reputation in my community has been tarnished because I took a stand against that crap. So what. Like I care about what they say about me. Im not gang-related. Im not a crack smoker. I do not have antichrist. I am not cursed. I do not have Jezebel spirit. And one of their disciples said God will not let me into heaven. Its a smear campaign. People think and say all kinds of nonsense about me since I broke free and told 'em to stick it. God still loves me. I do not need the Secret Place and their crap teachings. I am a free man.

Date: July 28, 2014 04:29AM

Just found this.... And it is something I can relate to and have witnessed for myself.

Deliverance Ministry
"Exorcised of her demons"

July 2000
By an estranged husband and father

I am writing this letter to serve as a personal testimony, regarding cult activities in my area.

About four years ago my wife became involved with a small group of people who claim to be "prophets" and "prophetesses" of God and to have "secret knowledge."

Not long after my wife's involvement she was told that she was inhabited by many "demons," which needed to be exorcised out of her body. This claim plunged her into deep depression. She was then given several videotapes and books to reinforce this message. I can remember for the next month coming home from work to see her viewing these same tapes over and over again--while crying.

My wife would not eat because she was told that she must fast. She would not sleep because she was told she had to pray. We also did not have sex--another rule.

She was eventually exorcised of her "demons" and began to follow all the proscribed practices of her newfound faith. She gave her public testimony at the Baptist church we were attending, but as a result was asked to leave. She also had purchased many more books and tapes, which described various demons and how to recognize them in people and objects.

During the first year of her involvement with this group, she began to attend their "camp"--where all the followers of this group would come together fasting, experience sleep depravation, peer pressure--working themselves into altered states of consciousness. In these sessions, participants would make animal noises, throw up "demons," laugh uncontrollably and it was necessary for some to be physically restrained when they became too aggressive.

My wife began pouring our money into the "camp" and her new found "church." She even tried to have me give my car to her pastor because he needed one. I found out that before this man became a self-proclaimed pastor, he was in and out of trouble with the law. The pastor's wife is supposedly an ex-Satanic church member, which of course makes her an "expert at recognizing demons and satanic activities."

To make things even more difficult my then 10-year-old daughter was diagnosed with cancer and this plunged my wife even deeper into these practices--in an attempt to please the "prophets" and somehow save her. I resisted such ideas after I found out that these people at their camp subjected my younger daughter (six years old) to exorcism.

Ultimately, due to my criticism of all this I became an "agent of Satan," who was somehow preventing

Our daughter from being healed. My wife was told that if she entered our house, because of the demons present there, my daughter would die. So, I came home one day, and my wife and three children were gone. It was a week later before I found out that she was in battered women's shelter--claiming that I was an abusive husband.

I am soon to be divorced as a direct result of all this. I hope this testimony will help others.

Date: July 28, 2014 04:44AM

I am being labelled a liar. I am being ostracized from friendships I had in that ministry. They were my friends. They are no longer allowed to talk with me. They say 'I cant have this conversation with you' or 'I dont want to get in trouble'. And the rumor mill has started rolling. Supposedly, I want the head pastors job. NO WAY! And I have been cuss-mouthing elderly people in my workplace. NO WAY. I cant believe the extent that this 'Secret Place' will go to smear my reputation. Stay away. If you give in and accept their anti-church teachings. If you accept all the curses, demons, and root spirits, you will be OK. But if you go against it. Be prepared to have to deal with alot of nonsense. They hate it when someone blows their cover. I recently was shown by one of their 'disciples' that every single thing I said, everything I did, every book report, character study, personal writing etc. Every text message, every voicemail I ever sent to them was all recorded and kept in a file. I was told in the start that I could pour out all my thoughts and feelings, tell them all my past mistakes etc. and they would keep it confidential. Thats a bunch of BS. Once I decided to break free, my personal private stuff was broadcasted into my workplace. STAY AWAY FROM THE SECRET PLACE AND VISION LIFE MINISTRY!

Date: July 29, 2014 03:21AM

Its OK to Point Out Manipulative Behavior

Go ahead. Point out behavior in an organization that is controlling and manipulative. Its OK to do that. It is often the case that anyone who criticizes a deliverance ministers teachings is said to be under the influence of an evil spirit, such as the spirit of Antichrist, spirit of Jezebel, spirit of rebellion etc. This tactic of demonizing a critic is used to stifle criticism and keep their followers from thinking critically about their teachings. It keeps their flock under their control. It keeps them from seeking a 2nd opinion. If you draw attention to it, a person may become more aware of the ways the leaders are seeking to exert undue control over a persons life and thoughts. And they do not want that. I am a living example of how a deliverance ministry will go to extremes to protect their cult teachings.

I would not recommend The Secret Place or Vision Life Ministry to anyone. There are much better alternatives out there for people struggling with personal problems. Just know, they dont keep it personal at all. They will gather an arsenal of negativity on you, just in case you realize they are scammers.

I know this.

Date: July 29, 2014 06:11AM

Icould not have said it any better than this.....

Countless thousands of Americans have submitted their lives to the control of unscrupulous leaders who claim to be ordained by God. The leaders of these destructive Bible-based groups entice the unwary with their vain promises. In turn, individual lives are disrupted and families are divided. While many people have simply walked away from harmful groups, others have resorted to the aid of exit-counselors - sometimes called deprogrammers. Rick Ross is among the most successful of these counselors.

In dealing with oppressive religious groups, the term "destructive Bible-based religious group" is sometimes used. Please explain.

A destructive Bible-based religious group is typically highly authoritarian. The leader or leaders assume total control over the followers, who abdicate their individual autonomy - their ability to critically think and evaluate circumstances for themselves.

There may be a system of discipleship, or so-called headship, by which the leadership of the group assumes authority/control over their followers. That may be part of a pyramid scheme, or it may be manifested more in a shepherding type of situation, where the pastor of the particular group, or the elders, belive that God has delegated all of his authority to them to shepherd their flock or sheep. Then they govern every aspect of individual members' lives. This may include their finances, their dating, their personal sex life, their interaction with their extended family, and their interaction with society at large.

And, typically, the members of a destructive Bible-based group see the world in very black and and white terms, and a kind of a we-they mentality. Those within the group are the spiritually elite, or elect, and everyone and everything outside is wordly, evil, carnal, or even satanic. The group may have a very legalistic approach to governing individual members' lives, by excluding such things as television, the media, radio, the cinema. They may even have a blacklist of books that may not be read and periodicals that may not be subscribed to.

Date: July 29, 2014 07:27AM

The best way I can relate my experience with the Secret Place Ministry and the whole Vision Life caca....

Is with a gallon of milk.

Every morning as I woke up and prayed and made my daily cup of coffee. I poured a little milk into my drink. Each day I thought this was healthy and good for my body to grow. I continued to do this for way too long. As each day passed, my body absorbed the nutrients of the milk. I enjoyed it very much. It made me 'feel good'. And when it got down to last few drops and the gallon was almost empty... a dead rat fell into my cup of coffee.

I realized it was infected. It was not good for my body at all. It was not good at all. Even the label on the milk jug was a TOTAL LIE! And I see other people swallowing the same infectious crap. They do not realize it is not good. It makes them feel good cuz what the label says.

It is an infection. A lie. It is not really good at all.

Date: July 31, 2014 09:45AM

All my personal beliefs as a Christian aside for a moment. And all my personal issues as a person aside. It is the behavior of the leadership at The Secret Place that truly disturbs me. The 'Know it all, Im always right' attitude. The way they responded when I told 'em I was done and didnt need their stuff anymore. The way the head pastor began communicating with my boss and eventually cost me to have to leave the job I had been doing for almost 5 years. It all just sends up red flags! The way I have been demonized by my friends there. The way all my private messages have been shared with others in public. I broke free from the control and afterwards manipulation followed after me. The smear campaign against my reputation. The lies and rumors that spread about me. EVERYTHING about it. And I mean EVERYTHING. Points to the truth that it is a 'destructive church'. And on the outside it all looks like a wonderful recovery/deliverance ministry. Its all the stuff that happens behind closed doors that nobody sees. The abuse and restrictions. Limited contact with family and friends. Lack of any kind of outside support. I would warn anyone to avoid Vision Life Ministry and their 'Secret Place'. Choose another place to seek recovery. Stay away from this type of harmful and vengeful deliverance ministry. They really have absolutely no training or experience to be called pastors at all. The training course can be done in a week. Of course, it costs hundreds of dollars. But wallah, you have a certificate to be an official minister. Avoid this and do your homework. Find an alternative. Unless you want to have your life mangled and have people think bad things about you.

Date: July 31, 2014 09:30PM

A special Thank You to all the people that have given me info about deliverance cults. I truly appreciate each and every one of you for sharing literature and articles with me in private. I have tried to make posts including the info that helped me the most on here. I have also shared alot of my personal experiences in the hope that it will help others. Once again, Thank You. Each one of you have taken part in setting me free and getting my mind refreshed. A very special Thanks to Rick Ross for doing what you do. I have no doubt that you have helped many people get their lives restored.

Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.